Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Jack And Cynthia - Chapter 31 - The Year Changes

"Cynthia and Jack celebrate the New Year - "with Jacquline""

8
3 Comments 3
371 Views 371
2.4k words 2.4k words

Boy!  Did we sleep in?  It was just before twelve when I woke up.  Cynthia was still sleeping.  I’m glad, she has been on the go the past three days.  I pushed the coffee maker's button and headed to the bathroom.

I tried to be quiet when I went past the bed, but I was caught.  Cynthia was waking up.

“What time is it, Jack?” The question was followed by a yawn.

“High noon,”  I said quietly.

“NOON! Are you kidding me?”  Cynthia sat straight up in bed.

“No, Sweetheart.  We slept in really well.  I did start the coffee and I must leave you for a minute. NOW.” I closed the bathroom door behind me.  I heard Cynthia chuckle.

When I returned, I was much more comfortable, I told Cynthia I would bring her coffee.  She said no.  She would have it in the kitchen so she could start breakfast.  I knew she still had appetizers to make for us tonight and for tomorrow.  I would play the “DAD” card and try to help her.  Let’s try this gently at first.

Cynthia came into the kitchen in her robe.  Her hair and make-up were ready for company.  She looked at the stove for a second, then went into action.  Take a sip of coffee. Ham on one side, eggs on the other.  Take a sip of coffee.  Repeat.  Plates on the table, flatware, present and accounted for, refreshing coffee.  Breakfast is served.  How the hell does she do it?

“Honey, I know you have appetizers to make.  Is there anything I can do to help?”  I waited.

“Jack, I think I will have you help me with some things.  I want to be sure to put the roast in on time, so we can eat around six.  Then we can enjoy the rest of the year together.”  I smiled.

I peeled and sliced carrots and onions.  I got the whipped cream out of the freezer and was issued other front-line duties.  Of course, all are under strict supervision.  But I have always been proud of how Cynthia is so well organized.  And her food is out of this world.

I was very happy working with her and had to chuckle to myself.  I think she kind of enjoyed being the “boss”.  I did get to put the garlic toes in the roast.  Just call me Chef, Baby. 

I finally had to pull the “DAD” card.  Cynthia was looking tired.  Time for me to step in.

“Cynthia.  How about taking a beverage break?  Maybe a cup of coffee or tea.  Just to sit a bit.”

“Jack, I know what you are doing and I love you for it.  But, Baby,”  she hesitated.  “Maybe just a short break.”  I hugged her and she sat down.  I poured her a glass of tea, she sipped it, and sighed.  She looked at me, smiled, and said, “We are lucky.” She smiled that “we” smile.

After twenty minutes, it was back to full throttle.  I put some crackers on a tray and sliced some sausage for them.  I did this and that.  I even got to put that clear wrap on the trays.  That shit clings to everything but what you want it to.

I heard the oven door open, the roast placed in the center of the oven and the door closed.  Then Cynthia announced: “BEER -30” and headed for the couch.  I have my own Super Girl.  I brought her a beer and toasted her abilities.  Then I sat down.

“Thank you, Honey.  I didn’t want you to help, but I knew you wanted to.  And I am very thankful that you did.  You’re a good man.”  Cynthia blew me a kiss, and we clinked our beer cans.

After Cynthia had a good rest, she peeked in at the roast.  She stood up smiling.  “Oh, that is going to be wonderful, Jack.”  She was beaming with pride.

“Do you want to lay down for a while?  You’ve done an amazing job.  If not, I’ll change the music to something a little jazzy for our celebration.”  I hoped she would take a nap.  Thankfully, she did.

“I would like to lay down.  Make sure I’m up at four-thirty.  I have to tent the roast and turn the oven off to let it finish.”  I thought I could do that, but I let it go.  Cynthia went to bed.  I got my laptop and caught up on some of the local events for tonight.  It is another cold one and I hope everyone gets home safely.

At four-thirty, I went in to wake Cynthia.  She always scrunches her nose when she wakes up.  A yawn and a stretch, then a smile.  “Honey, I would like to take a nice hot bath.  Would you tent the roast and turn the oven off, please.”  I smiled.

“Sure, Baby.  Enjoy your tub time.”  Cynthia got her robe and panties and headed for the bathroom.  Of course, I followed my orders to the letter and then got a beer.

 Put on the happy music from before.  When she was finished, she came into the living room.

“I’m finished with my bath.  You can shower whenever you want.  I’m going to be a few minutes.”  She was walking to the second bedroom swaying her hips the entire way.

“Yes, I watching,” I yelled after her.  Then I went for my shower and a shave.

We said we would dress up for the evening.  When I finished in the bathroom, Cynthia had laid out my black slacks, white shirt, and black tie. A little note said the sports jacket was optional.  I decided it's New Year’s, let’s go for it all.

I was tucking in my shirt when Cynthia called from the other room.  “Baby, please take the roast out of the oven for me, please.”  Hey, I think I just got promoted.

I grabbed my tie and jacket and went to the kitchen.  I pulled the roast out and lifted the tenting.  It was beautiful.  It should be on the cover of one of those big-time cooking magazines.

“Oh, and the potatoes, too.  I don’t want them to burn.”  Hell, I’m on a roll.

“You bet, Baby.” 

I had just set the potatoes on the counter when Cynthia walked in.  I would have dropped them.  She stands there wearing a black leather skirt, a silver blouse, that suggests all types of possibilities, black nylons, and black four-inch heels. 

ChloeSmith
Online Now!
Lush Cams
ChloeSmith

I gave up a silent prayer that she would show me if she was wearing a black garter belt as well.  If she had shown me that, the roast and potatoes would be cold and she would have looked a wreck.  She was drop-dead gorgeous.  I stood there with my mouth open.

“Cynthia.  Good Lord, you look magnificent.  You’re gorgeous.  I mean, you’re beautiful from the start, but if we were going out tonight, I would hire a bodyguard.  My heart was pounding.  I approached her with open arms.

“Can I mess up your lipstick a little?”  I said, staring into her eyes.

“The lady behind the cosmetic counter said it is smudge-proof.”  Her eyes glistened with love.  “Jack, I wanted to look special tonight.  It won’t be long before this outfit is a memory.  I wanted to look and feel beautiful for you. For my husband, the father of our baby.”

I gently kissed Cynthia.  A long, soft kiss.  “My love, you are so very beautiful.”  Then I kissed her again, then just held her, looking into her eyes.

It was time to start dinner.  Oh, did we dine!  The roast was done to perfection, it carved like warm butter.  The potatoes were done with a crisp parmesan coating and the green beans with cream of bacon sauce.  Cynthia picked out a Shiraz that went perfectly with the meal. 

After Cynthia’s culinary extravaganza, we straightened up the kitchen.  The dishwasher did not have the night off, and the second bottle of Shiraz was still untouched.  That didn’t last long.  We sat in the living room listening to the music humming and singing along.  The doorbell rang.

I went to the door, it was Hank from downstairs.  A nicer guy you will never meet.

“Hey Jack, Happy New Year, Cynthia,” he yelled around me.  “We have a little party going on tonight.  Would it upset you if the stereo got a bit loud?  I mean not to shake the paint off the walls.”

“Hank, it’s the end of the year.  Have a great time.  Enjoy your wife and friends.  We may just turn up a bit later.  HAPPY NEW YEAR!” 

“Happy New Year, Jack.”  He danced back downstairs.  I don’t know if I would want his head to start the new year.

“Hank seems to be in a jolly mood,” Cynthia laughed.  “Will he be all right?” 

“Yeah, probably by the third, he should be fine.” We both laughed.

We were enjoying the wine and talking about the next year and the nursery.  I would start moving some tubs downstairs in a week or two.  Then Cynthia asked an odd question.

“Jack, why don’t you call me Cindy?  You and the gang are the only ones that ever called me Cynthia.  Most of the people call me Cindy.  I do like the name and I admit I love that you call me Cynthia.  But I would love Cindy just as much.”  Her expression was soft and loving.

“Wow.  Honey, I never thought about calling you Cindy.  Cynthia just seems special and you are very special to me.  To be honest, I love calling you Cynthia.  And you’re the mother of our little girl.  I think she should know her Mom’s name is Cynthia, just like her name is Jacquline, not Jackie.  She is a lady like her Mom.  Baby, that’s just how I feel.”  I waited for her to respond.

“Jack, I – I don’t know what to say.  You make – you make love to me even when you talk.  It’s never about you, it’s – it’s always me.  I have a man that shows his love when he’s at work.  If we’re in a store, or walking down the sidewalk – or if -if - if we’re in bed, or just when he talks to me.  No – none has a husband like – like I have.”  She was starting to tear up.

There was a soft slow tune on the radio.  I reached out to Cynthia and brought her to the middle of the living room.  We held each other and just swayed to the tune and looked into each other’s eyes.  If we were in a ballroom, we would have been alone at that moment in time.

When the tune finished, the announcer interrupted the music. “Ladies and gentlemen, you have ten minutes left of this year.  Ten minutes.  When there is five minutes left, I will give you your final warning that the year is ending.  Then we will begin the countdown with ten seconds left.  Get ready!  The New Year is approaching fast.”

“Cynthia, I want to kiss you at midnight. So, I’m going to open the champagne and wait until we have ten seconds left.  Then I’ll pour it, we will kiss and then start our new year with a toast to us.”

“Perfect, Jack.  Just perfect.”

At the count of fifteen seconds, the cork popped on the champagne, at ten seconds I filled our glasses and we looked at each other.

Okay!  Here we go ten – nine – eight – seven – six – five – four – three – two  - one – HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!

As Guy Lombardo’s first note of Auld Lang Syne began, our lips met. And we kissed through the first and second verses.  Our lips parted, we clinked our glasses, and began our new year.

I said, “Happy New Year, Cindy,” then I patted her tummy, “Happy New Year, Jacquline”, then I kissed her tummy.

“Wow,” Cindy said, “Our daughter got her first kiss from Daddy on New Year’s Day.  By the way, she said, ‘Thank you, Daddy, you too’.”  I hugged my two girls close to me.

Cynthia and I finished the champagne and then got ready for bed. She hung her new outfit in the other bedroom, soon-to-be nursery.  She came into the bedroom wearing just her lacy panties.  I got her oversized tee shirt from under her pillow. 

I have seen ladies who are expecting a child.  But for some reason, I marveled at the realization that Cynthia had our daughter growing inside of her.  Each day she is a little bigger until she is ready to be with us.  Wow.

Cynthia and I crawled into bed together.  The bed where Jacquline was conceived.  Her Mom pushed her little butt against me then I held a breast that would feed her.  I moved my hand down to Cynthia’s tummy.

“It is a marvelous thing, isn’t it, Daddy?”

I kissed my bride on her cheek, and we fell asleep.  Just the three of us.

 

Departed soul        

Published 
Written by DepartedSoul
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your erotic stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments