Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

The Girlfriend Experience Ch. 52 Part 1

"The Girlfriend Experience's final chapter; part 1 of 2."

7
0 Comments 0
325 Views 325
8.9k words 8.9k words

Author's Notes

"Nine months later / July 16, 2022 / Palos Verdes Estates, California"

“Welcome. Welcome, welcome. How ‘bout this place? How ‘bout this couple? Thank you all for coming on behalf on Donald and Lindsay. They’d like to express their love and their appreciation for all of you as family and friends that have come to this special occasion. You may be seated.

“My name is Daniel Anastacio. I don’t do this for a living. You’ll figure that out real quick. My brother is Don Anastacio, obviously the father of the bride, which makes me Lindsay’s uncle. I was there in the hospital the day Lindsay was born and remember it well. Don and Leslie felt so incredibly blessed, so happy, to finally have perfect, little Lindsay in their lives. They took her home and snapped thousands of photos of her. To this day, she’s always been the apple in her daddy’s eye. So polite and well-mannered all throughout her school-age years, Lindsay blossomed into a fine, upstanding adult and has always held her family – Don and Leslie, and her three sisters, Gina, Jennifer, and Alison – in the highest regard.

“I remember when Lindsay was a toddler; she used to come to our house a lot and spend the night. I gotta tell you, I’d get up for my morning cereal, go to the refrigerator and there was no milk, and there was no cereal. That gal raided that pantry pretty hard!” Laughter rumbled through the cathedral, the jovial sound bouncing off stone walls and stained-glass windows, as Uncle Dan delivered his opening monologue with the straight-faced precision of a seasoned comedian.

“About two months ago, Donald and Lindsay asked my wife and me to go out to dinner with them for the evening. They had a question for me pertaining to their upcoming wedding. And I thought, well, as Lindsay’s uncle, as a mentor, they probably want me to read some scripture, that’d be fine. I’ll be happy to. Donald kind of made a big deal out of it and he says, Lindsay has a question for you. And I thought this seemed like a whole lot for just reading some scripture at a wedding. Lindsay then looked at me and said, Uncle Dan, will you marry me?

“I said, well, we’ll have to run that by the wife.” Laughter broke out again as he added, “Might be a little crowded. …

“But this is my first wedding. Who knew it’d be so easy to get qualified on the Internet to marry somebody? But I can guarantee you it will be official. By some odd quirk in the law in California, this is gonna happen, and my biggest desire for tonight is that this is God-honoring and I hope we can do that.”

Donald stood at the altar, heart pounding, still half-convinced he might wake up any second. Lindsay Anastacio … my wife. The notion felt as impossible now as it had back in high school when she’d been the untouchable queen bee and he’d been … well, nobody.

Their unlikely path flashed through Donald’s mind: from Lindsay not even sparing him a courtesy glance in the hallways to their surreal “date” at Happy Ending Ranch. Now here they were, about to promise forever.

Talk about a plot twist.

In the years between, they’d traversed minefields of conflict that would have incinerated most relationships. Lindsay’s past choices had come back to haunt them both, testing the limits of Donald’s understanding and forgiveness. They’d faced family disapproval, personal demons, and the relentless scrutiny that came with Lindsay’s unconventional career.

But with each challenge, their bond had only grown stronger. Donald had discovered depths of love and loyalty he never knew he possessed, while Lindsay had found in him the support – the anchor – that she so desperately craved and needed. Together, they’d built something beautiful from the most unlikely of beginnings.

In his mind’s eye, the ghosts of Citronelle High School crept in, uninvited. Donald could almost smell the grimy lockers, feel the sting of another body check slamming him into cold metal. Zack Cameron’s voice echoed, cutting through the cafeteria: “What are you lookin’ at, Stanlick, you fat fuck? Want me to kick your ass again?”

Donald’s eyes had invariably found Lindsay in those moments. She’d been this impossible dream – gorgeous, popular, and kind in a way that made his chest ache. But she might as well have been on another planet. One smile in her direction and Zack would’ve made Donald’s life even more of a living hell. So, Donald resigned himself to the shadows, where Lindsay’s distant allure became both his sanctuary and his torment – a dream forever out of reach.

Now? Jesus. Her hand was in his, warm and real. The Lindsay from his teenage fantasies had nothing on the flesh-and-blood woman beside him. As her fingers tightened around his, Donald felt a surge of confidence, a reminder of how far he’d come. The ghosts of past insecurities lingered, but their voices were faint, drowned out by the thunderous certainty of this moment.

And before he could stop it, a mean little thought wormed its way in. Some NFL player you turned out to be, huh, Zack? How’d that go for you?

It wasn’t just spite, though. It was disbelief, gratitude, a whole mess of emotions Donald couldn’t begin to untangle. Somehow, against all odds, the universe had decided to give the boy who never fit in a shot at happily ever after.

With, of all people, Lindsay.

Suck it, meathead, Donald’s inner voice spat with unexpected venom. Have fun washing dishes at that choke-and-puke. It’s all you’re good for.

The flash of resentment faded, eclipsed by a supernova of self-assurance. Donald felt it in his bones, in the set of his jaw, and in the steel of his spine. High school hadn’t broken him; it had forged him. Every insult, every lonely night, every silent sniffle – they were the price he’d paid for this moment.

And God, was it worth it.

“We’re gathered together here as a community of family and friends in God’s presence to witness the holy marriage of Donald and Lindsay, which is instituted by God, blessed by our Lord Jesus Christ, and to be held in honor among men. Let us therefore remember that God has established and sanctified marriage for the welfare and happiness of mankind. It is therefore not to be entered into unadvisedly, but reverently, discreetly, and in the fear of God.

“Into this seaside chapel, these two persons come now to be joined. So, we humbly ask God to bless them. Would you pray with me?

“Heavenly Father, we are grateful to You for Your countless blessings in our lives. For the significance of this wedding day, we thank You. For this important moment in an ever-growing relationship, we thank You. For Your presence here and now and for Your presence at all times, we thank You. Bless this union with your bounties, happiness, and prosperity. And may Donald and Lindsay’s lives together be good and long upon this Earth. In Christ’s holy name. Amen.

Dan borrowed a moment to let that prayer resonate. Lindsay had been insistent for months that she wanted her favorite uncle – not a pastor or a minister, but the spiritual leader of the family regardless – to be the one to marry her. To marry them. Dan was able to become ordained for this day only.

“You guys come forward.”

As Donald and Lindsay approached, their steps in sync, Pamela glided over, her eyes glowing. With gentle, almost respectful hands, Pamela smoothed Lindsay’s cascading bridal train, arranging it in a perfect semicircle on the altar. The white fabric shimmered underneath the chapel lights, a halo of silk framing the couple.

“We’ve talked about this for a while, haven’t we? So, today is your wedding day. For months you’ve been told that today is all about you, and it is. But if it was only about you, then we would’ve done this with just the three of us. We wouldn’t have bothered with three hundred and fifty or some odd people out there looking at me doing this for the first time.

“So, Donald and Lindsay, I want you to do something that’s unique. It’s my first wedding, so I get to throw things out there that are unique. I want you to turn around and I want you to look at who’s here. Just turn.”

They did as he requested.

“You don’t have to go far. That’s quite a train you’ve got going there, girlfriend. Take a second. This is the only time that all these people will be assembled. Take a minute and take it in.

“Look around you, see this beautiful place. These people love you and care about you, and they care about you as a married couple. They have traveled from all over to get here. They got babysitters to be here. They bought new dresses and put on fancy clothes to be here. They cancelled other plans to be here because they care about you. Take this in.”

How long and arduous a road had Lindsay traveled to reach this landmark moment? Her gaze swept over the sea of familiar Anastacio faces, her heart swelling with a bittersweet mix of joy and disbelief – Mom, Dad, Jennifer, Gina, and Alison. Just four years ago, in 2018, the idea of one day standing here, surrounded by her loved ones, had seemed as unattainable as touching the stars.

The path to reconciliation had been treacherous, paved with tentative olive branches that withered, tears shed in solitude, and heated arguments that ended in slammed doors. Holidays had come and gone, each a brutal reminder of her outlaw status in the family, without even a greeting card crossing the divide.

Yet here in 2022, enveloped in the warmth of acceptance and love she’d yearned for all along, the burden of those estranged years had finally lifted from Lindsay’s shoulders. Mom and Dad made it clear they don’t ever want me to talk about work in front of them and I was like, don’t worry, I don’t wanna tell you about my sex life.

And what about Cousin Maya? What did the future hold for her? Rumor is, she’d taken up both stripping and escorting in San Diego! Maybe I should reach out to her, and offer some advice? She shouldn’t be working the streets. I could help get her a job at one of the other houses.

Lindsay realized she may never bear witness to all her family together like this again. Indeed, look around you, take it in. The immediate members, yes, but also grandparents Jewel, Anthony, Beatrice, and Paul. Aunts Rose, Ellen, Diana, Dianne, Mary Jo, and Uncles Dan, David, John, Ed, Joseph, and Mike. Cousins Maya, Donato, Cindy, Jerry, Rick, Carmella, and countless others.

And what about her friends? Her family from Flagstone? Colt, Pamela, Jenn, Christina, Fernando, Sahara, Riley, Tina … the list went on and on.

Of course, the Stanlick contingency was here as well. It took time, but Lindsay had become close with Donald’s parents, too, Sidney and Jane. Edgar, Alma, Samuel, Steven, Celeste, Savannah, Madison, Ed, and Bob.

Family was … everywhere.

All here for Lindsay. For Donald.

For them.

There was even an empty chair next to Mrs. Anastacio in the front row, adorned with a dozen white roses and a stylish placard that read, We know you would be here today if Heaven wasn’t so far away. Attached to the placard was a photograph of Evie Bancroft, who’d lost her life so tragically on December 18, 2018. Lindsay still cherished Evie’s memory and had been heartbroken in recent days that her best friend wouldn’t be here to celebrate the happiest day of her life. Even so, Lindsay had saved Evie a seat, assured that her spirit, at least, would be present for this momentous occasion.

“Now you that have gathered, you’re not here simply as observers. You were invited by Donald and Lindsay to be participants in their lives and in their marriage from this day forward. We are called to rejoice in their happiness, to help them when they have trouble, and to remember them in our prayers.

“At this time, I’d like to ask all of you that are gathered here today as family and friends of Donald and Lindsay, will you commit yourselves to uphold this marriage, to do your part in helping them keep their commitment to one another, to love them, care for them, and pray for them? If so, please respond by saying we will.”

We will.

“Fabulous.

“And you can turn back around.” Lindsay and Donald did just that, facing Dan. “Let’s talk about the three of us now. Donald, Lindsay, a wedding ceremony is also an opportunity to make a covenant before a covenant-making God and His people, the church. Marriage is an act between the two of you and God, but just as you’ve observed, you’re not in this alone and you never will be. By the two of you standing here before God and these witnesses, you’re committing to getting married.

“You’re making a commitment to spending the rest of your lives together. I wanna confirm your intentions by asking you each a question. I’ll start with you, Donald.

“Do you, Donald Edwin Stanlick, of your own free will, choose to marry Lindsay on this day, to join with her as husband and wife for all the days of your life? If so, say I do.”

“I do.”

“Do you, Lindsay Michelle Anastacio, of your own free will, choose to marry Donald on this day, to join with him as husband and wife for all the days of your life? If so, say I do.”

“I do.”

“There you go. At this point, we have scripture that’s being read by Alison and Gina. Ladies, the floor is yours.”

Alison took the stage first without hesitation or fear. “Hear God’s word from Ecclesiastes 4:9-12.” She read the beautiful passage out loud, her tender voice clear, yet strong and confident, calm, all at the same time.

My baby sister is gonna be a future minister, I’m sure!

As Alison stepped back, Gina moved forward, her steps purposeful. She took her place at the podium, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear – a gesture so familiar it made Lindsay’s heart ache with affection.

1 Corinthians 13:4-17,” Gina announced, her voice just as steady. As she began to read, Lindsay marveled at the contrast between her sisters. Where Alison had been youthful confidence, Gina was mature wisdom. Her words flowed like honey, rich with meaning and emotion.

Lindsay found herself transported back to her childhood, to Gina reading her bedtime stories, always the protective older sister. Now here she was, reading at Lindsay’s wedding. The realization brought a fresh wave of emotion, and Lindsay blinked back tears.

“Thank you,” Dan said to both ladies.

Lindsay caught their eyes, mouthing a silent Thank you as well. Their answering smiles, bursting with compassion and unconditional love, nearly shattered her composure.

“Donald and Lindsay, what we are doing here today is one of the few things that is common to the entire human experience. In every period of history, in every generation, in every culture, every religion, every nation, and every tribe has placed a value on what we are doing here today.

“But this can’t end well.

“I heard the other day of a saying: life starts for each of us with us crying and those around us are smiling. As I thought about that, I remembered when my children were born. In the moment of birth, I remember the doctor toweling off the baby and my firstborn son started crying. But the moment he cried, we all started to smile because it was like, wow, he’s healthy, ‘cause crying meant he was taking his breath.

“But I thought it was fascinating that when we start life, for each of us, we’re crying and those around us are smiling. Then I heard somebody went on and said, but if we know Jesus Christ is our Lord and savior, when we die, we are smiling and those around us are crying.

“I thought, wow, isn’t that accurate? Because as a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ, we know that the time on Earth is minuscule in comparison to eternity. The joy of going and being with our Lord and savior is the biggest blessing you can ever possibly receive.

“In the same way, somewhat the same way, you both are smiling right now. But when the end comes, however it comes, you won’t both be smiling. All human marriages begin with joy, but end in tragedy. However this ends, the human bond is eventually torn apart. At best, marriage will last around sixty years and then it ends in heartache. So why in the world do we do it? Why are we doin’ this?

“Easy. Because you love each other so much.

“The end doesn’t override the joy of life together. We do this because it joins the two of you, not only with each other, but with God. Your marriage will be an example to others. People will know what love looks like by looking at the way you look at and love each other. That’s why we’re doing this.

“After the service today, I’ll sign this piece of paper.” Dan’s fingers dipped into his suit pocket, emerging with a crisp, official-looking document. “You gave me this. I’m so thankful that you both took the time to get this.” He held it aloft, the paper catching the light as it fluttered in his grasp. “This is your marriage license. This is what I’ll sign when this is all over. It was given to you by the state of California, and I’ll sign it and send it back to the state of California. Everyone who’s been married in California has one of these. Some folks have it in a nice frame up on a wall somewhere in their house. Some might have it in a lockbox with other important documents to keep it safe.

“Regardless of what you do with this piece of paper, I want you to know: it’s just a piece of paper. That’s all it is, really.” Dan’s fingers refolded the document, the sound punctuating his words. With a practiced motion, he slipped it back into his pocket, patting it once as if to emphasize both its importance and insignificance.

“In fact, everything we’re doing here today is not a marriage. Don’t get me wrong, this is a great day. It’s wonderful to be in this place with these people witnessing your vows to each other.

“But this is a wedding, it’s not a marriage. What makes a marriage is what comes next. What makes a marriage is what you do tomorrow and the next day and next week and next month and next year. But it ain’t always easy. A lot of people can attest to that. It can be downright hard.

“Sometimes Donald will think he’s the smartest man in the world. And he’s pretty doggone smart. He got good grades in school, earned a collegiate degree, and helps Lindsay run her business, but he’s not the smartest man in the world. There’s a lot of men in this very chapel that many times, we think we’re the smartest man in the world. We aren’t shy to tell a others that we think we’re the smartest man in the world, either. But we’re not.

“And Lindsay, I hate to break it to you, but you’re not the smartest woman in the world. Which reminds me of a story … because if you know me, I like to tell stories.

“There once was a man who loved to fly. He lived in a town at the base of a mountain range. The closest city was about an hour’s drive around the mountains, but by plane it was ten minutes. He came up with a business plan – I’ll buy a single-engine plane and run a shuttle service from the town I live in to the city. Every thirty minutes I’ll fly the plane and we’ll leave either the town or the city. The plan was working great.

“But on one flight, he had three passengers. He had a preacher, a boy scout, and the smartest man in the world. Just as the plane started to crest at the top of the mountain, the engine sputtered and shut off. The pilot tried to work the controls and switches and tried to get the engine to start. When he realized he couldn’t do anything, the pilot looked at the passengers and said, hmm, not good. We aren’t gonna make it. But there’s really a bigger problem. We only have three parachutes. And I’m so sorry, but I can’t leave my family with the debt I’ve created.

“And he grabbed the chute next to him, he opened the door to the plane, and jumped.

“Smartest man in the world turned to the boy scout and the preacher. He said, I’m the smartest man in the world. I may be able to solve world issues. I may be able to come up with a cure for cancer. I must live. So, he grabs the pack next to him and he jumps.

“The preacher leaned over to the boy scout and put his hand on his shoulder. He said, son, I never want you to look back on this day with any regret. I’m at peace with my maker. I want you to live. I want you to have this last parachute and may God be with you.

“The boy scout looks up at the preacher and he takes his hand and shoves it off his shoulder. And he says, don’t worry about it, preacher. The smartest man in the world just jumped with my Boy Scout backpack.

The punchline hit, and the chapel lost it. Peals of laughter cascaded through the pews, infectious and unstoppable. Lindsay caught sight of her dad, red-faced and gasping for air. Even Grandma Jewel was cackling, her dentures threatening to pop out. Pamela’s chin was dipped, her shoulders rustling. Donald nudged Lindsay, both of them struggling to maintain some semblance of decorum.

And there was Dan, basking in the moment, the consummate showman who’d just nailed his routine.

Once the laughter subsided, Dan’s expression shifted.

“You know, in many ways, life is like that. We grab hold of things that we think will take care of us in times of crisis. We think what we got is a parachute, when really all we got is a Boy Scout backpack with dirty laundry and an old, rusty jackknife and an empty canteen. And when we need it the most, it’s not gonna do us any good. See, the only thing that saves us and your marriage, is Jesus Christ. That’s the smartest man in the world.

“Donald and Lindsay, let me remind you by choosing each other, you are uniquely God’s gift to one another, to become one flesh physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Be content with what you have. Through all your weaknesses, Jesus Christ is perfectly content with you. Do not forsake one another as Christ will never forsake you.

“I wanna give each of you some thoughts. Donald, let me give you some thoughts of who I believe you need to be.

“Donald Stanlick, you must be a man of God, a man of integrity beyond what is normal. You must lead this relationship. You anchor yourself in Christ first, and then second your marriage. Be a faithful, sacrificial husband filled with love and peace and patience and devotion. Give Lindsay a sense of protection, security, and stability. Lindsay desires this more than anything else in her life. She has always taken care of everyone around her. But what Lindsay really longs for is someone to take care of her and, dude, that’s you.

“When Lindsay’s father placed her arm in yours moments ago, something changed. He passed on the leadership role and he’s given it to you. Take this role on with every fiber of energy you have. Donald, love Lindsay, respect her, and most of all, pray for her.”

Donald couldn’t hold back the tears that had welled up and now spilled down his cheeks. Dan’s words resonated deeply, the magnitude of the moment overwhelming Donald’s senses. Here he was, about to marry Lindsay – the love of his life, the woman who had changed his world in ways he never thought possible. His heart swelled, filled to capacity with a potent mixture of joy, gratitude, and awe. Through the watery blur, he gazed at Lindsay, anchoring himself in her presence, drawing strength from the knowledge that they were in this together, now and forever.

Off to the side, Matron of Honor Pamela watched the couple, her face radiant with the most joyous smile Donald had ever seen. She shone like a guardian angel, her own gaze filled with pride and wonder.

In that moment, Donald saw the culmination of Pamela’s journey with Lindsay – from mentor to friend to lover, to frenemy to savior to cheerleader. The woman who had once taken a chance on Lindsay, hiring her and setting her on this path, now stood witness to the profound growth she had helped nurture. In Lindsay’s joy, Pamela found her own quiet celebration, a testament to the power of positivity and the resilience of the human spirit.

“Lindsay Anastacio, you must love unconditionally, wholeheartedly. Donald wants to be your superhero. He wants to feel like he is worthwhile to you and needed by you. He desires more than anything else to see a look of love and admiration in your eyes. He wants to know that you celebrate him, depend on him, feel privileged to be married to him, and expect great things from him. A voice of support, confidence, and encouragement from you is electric to him.

“Learn to yield to his leadership. When you pull him aside to pray for him, when you tell him he’s been on your mind, and when he sees in your eyes that you’re proud of the man he is becoming, it’s like a shot of adrenaline to Donald. Lindsay, love him, respect him, and most of all, pray for him.

Cur1ySue
Online Now!
Lush Cams
Cur1ySue

“That’s enough of me. Now we’re gonna get to the last part of our service, the vows. What I want is you two to do is turn, hold each other’s hands, and look into each other’s eyes. Don’t worry about all these other people; it’s just the two of you now. Donald, I want you to repeat after me.

“I, Donald, take you, Lindsay / to be my wedded wife / with deepest joy, I receive you into my life / that together we may be one / as Christ is to his body the church / so too I will be to you a faithful, sacrificial husband / always will I be mindful of my responsibility to our union / I promise you my deepest love / my unselfish devotion / my most tender care / I promise that I will live first under our Lord / in order that I may lead us / always into a life of faith and hope in Christ Jesus / therefore Lindsay, from this day forward / no matter what may lie ahead of us / I pledge to you my life / as a loving and faithful husband.”

“Now, Lindsay, repeat after me.”

The world narrowed to a pinpoint. Lindsay’s heart thundered, a hurricane of emotions threatening to whisk her away. A nervous giggle escaped her lips, quickly followed by a tear that blazed a trail down her cheek. Her eyes, a kaleidoscope of joy and disbelief, found Donald’s gaze.

In his eyes, she saw every version of herself – the bright-eyed, rambunctious teenager dreaming of this day; the lost, battered soul who’d stumbled through life’s darkest alleys; and the woman who’d clawed her way back to redemption. Though Donald hadn’t witnessed the entire journey, he still embraced every facet of her story. He’d loved her through recent stumbles, celebrated hard-won triumphs, and accepted her past without judgement.

Now here Lindsay stood, on the precipice of forever. Her past stretched out behind her, a winding road of triumphs and mistakes that had led her to this moment. And before her? A future bright with promise, all because of the man gazing back at her. Donald had proven, time and again, that past transgressions weren’t a burden to bear, but part of the journey that had shaped her. With him, she was ready to leap into tomorrow, knowing that whatever came next, his arms would always be there to catch her.

“I Lindsay, take you Donald / to be my wedded husband / with deepest joy, I receive you into my life / that together we may be one / as Christ is to his body the church / so too I will be to you a faithful, sacrificial wife / as you have pledged to me, so I pledge to you / to respect you / to learn from you / and ever desire to please you / always will I be mindful of my responsibility to our union / I promise you my deepest love / my unselfish devotion / and my most tender care / in confidence, I yield to your leadership / as we join our lives together in Christ Jesus / therefore Donald, from this day forward / no matter what may lie ahead of us / I pledge to you my life / as a loving and faithful wife.”

“Donald and Lindsay, stay right there. What do you give as a token of your sincerity for these vows that you’re about to assume?”

“A ring,” they said in perfect unison.

“Good job! May I have those rings?” As Pamela and Kenneth, Donald’s childhood friend and best man stepped forward, Dan said, “We had to work on the timing for that in rehearsal two nights ago. Nailed it, you two.”

His voice took on a more serious tone. “The ring is a symbol of a commitment which binds the two of you together. There are two rings because there are two people. Each contributes to the life of the other and to their new life together.

“Let me say a blessing over these rings. Everyone, would you please pray with me?

“Bless, oh Lord, the giving of these rings, that they who wear them may abide together in Your peace and grow in their love for You and for each other. Amen.

“Donald, take this ring and place it on Lindsay’s left hand. As you do, repeat after me.

“Lindsay, I give you this ring / as a symbol of my never-ending love and faithfulness / and as I place it on your finger / I commit myself to you from this day forward / with all that I have / and all that I am.”

“Now, Lindsay, take that ring. Place it on his finger and repeat after me.

“Donald, I give you this ring / as a symbol of my never-ending love and faithfulness / and as I place it on your finger / I commit myself to you from this day forward / with all that I have / and all that I am.”

“Now as much as you’ve consented to join together in the holy state of matrimony and having pledged and sealed your vows, by giving and receiving these rings, in the presence of God and these witnesses, so by the power vested in me, and by some quirky thing in the law that lets me do this, I now pronounce you husband and wife.

“Donald, you may kiss your bride.”

Time seemed to stand still. The chapel faded away, the scent of roses and the warmth of candlelight enveloping Donald and Lindsay in this perfect moment. He cupped her face, their eyes locking in a silent exchange. As their lips met, Lindsay’s arms wrapped around Donald’s torso, pulling him closer. Raucous cheers erupted, but for the newlyweds, there was only each other.

Overwhelmed, Donald broke the kiss, raising his fist in victory as he gazed out at their loved ones.

“Save something in the tank for later, big fella.”

Lindsay’s giggles, a melody of happiness, filled the air.

Once the applause settled, Dan said, “Let me offer a prayer of closing and benediction. Please, pray with me.

“May the love of God, Donald and Lindsay, be above you to overshadow you, beneath you to uphold you, before you to guide you, behind you to protect you, close behind you and within you to make you able for all things, and to reward your faithfulness with the joy and peace which the world cannot give, neither can it take away. May the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious unto you. May the Lord lift his countenance upon you and give you peace. Through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom be glory now and forever more. Amen.

 “So, now I want to turn you around. Turn around and face the audience. Ladies and gentlemen, for the first time, it is my privilege to introduce you to Mr. and Mrs. Donald Stanlick!”

 

<> <> <> <> <>

 

Two years can change everything. On July 16, 2020, Lindsay arrived at The Fireside Country Store in Citronelle, California, seeking Donald’s assistance, her world in disarray. Now, on July 16, 2022, she stood radiant beside him in Della Terra Seaside Chapel, exchanging vows against the backdrop of the mighty Pacific.

They’d booked exclusive use of this historic venue and its lavish grounds for their ceremony in Palos Verdes Estates, a hidden coastal treasure with panoramic views twenty minutes from downtown Los Angeles.

People say youth is a gift of nature, but age is a work of art. Originally constructed in 1920, it’s believed that at least 100,000 couples have been wed within this venerable chapel’s walls. Its rich history exuded a flashy yet romantic aura. Edges worn and frayed from endless laughter, floors weathered from dancing shoes and splashes of champagne. These imperfections, like those in love and life itself, rendered it perfect.

Once the ceremony drew to a close, Lindsay and Donald embarked on a whirlwind of gratitude, personally thanking each of their 350-plus guests before being whisked away for the traditional photographic marathon.

The newlyweds traversed the property, their journey immortalized in hundreds of snapshots. From the sun-dappled butterfly gazebo to the elegant Lower Laigh Hall, up through the stately upper gallery, and finally amid the riot of color in the lush sunken garden, every corner became a backdrop for their jubilation. The camera’s lens not only focused on the beaming couple but also captured the joyous smiles of their wedding party, preserving the evening’s euphoria for all eternity.

Donald’s focus was drawn not to the staged poses, but to the candid moments that captured a miracle unfolding before him. His wife, resplendent in white, welcomed back by the very family she had once believed lost to her forever. The sight stole his breath.

In her father’s misty eyes, Donald saw the pride Lindsay had ached for through long, lonely years. Her mother’s trembling hands, cupping Lindsay’s face with a tenderness that spoke of regret and renewed love, told their own story of reconciliation. And her sisters – Gina, Jennifer, and Alison – their arms entangled in embraces so fierce it seemed to erase the chasm of time that had separated them.

Husband and wife made their arrival in the grand dinner hall an hour after appetizers and drinks were passed out, allowing guests to mingle and get in the mood. Immediately the spotlight shone upon them, and they were directed to the middle of the floor. The song for the traditional first dance, as chosen by Lindsay, was A Thousand Years, performed by world-renowned recording artist Christina Perri. Eyes locked, they moved as one, the rest of the universe fading into oblivion.

Lindsay appeared stunning and chic in her mermaid-style lace bridal gown. It was made up of two-tone Ivory Chantilly lace, which was embroidered by Alencon lace and featured crystal, pearl, and baby glass embellishments. The dress had delicate buttons down the back and showcased her pristine, gorgeous silhouette and all its lush contours brilliantly.

Lindsay’s beauty proved undeniable, her smile a constant garnish. Her lips, painted a bold crimson, accentuated the elation that resonated from her very core. Golden locks, expertly woven into an intricate braid, were coiled into a sophisticated bun. Atop this masterpiece of hair artistry sat a tiara, its diamonds catching the light with every turn of her head. She was, without a doubt, the Queen of the chapel.

Donald experienced an otherworldly serenity holding his freshly-minted bride. Lindsay had difficulty controlling herself during the traditional first dance; she was sniffling with tears running down her cheeks, but Donald was quick to kiss them away.

Once the song concluded, Lindsay and Donald, with all eyes on them, thanked everyone en masse for taking part in their celebration. Then, Alison stepped forward, microphone in hand, her eyes glistening with unshed tears. She took a deep breath, her voice again steadfast as she delivered an impromptu blessing.

“Lindsay and Donald, as your sister and now sister-in-law, I offer this blessing not just for your marriage, but for the healing and love that brought us all to this day.

“Lindsay, my dear sister, there were times when the distance between us seemed insurmountable. We’ve weathered storms that threatened to tear us apart, endured silences that echoed louder than words, and faced chasms of misunderstanding that seemed too wide to cross. Yet here we stand, united again, stronger for the journey we’ve taken.

“Donald, you came into Lindsay’s life when she needed an ally most. Your love became the bridge that helped reconnect our family. You saw in Lindsay what we had momentarily lost sight of – her beautiful heart, her unwavering spirit, and her capacity for love. And for that, we cannot thank you enough.

“May your marriage be a testament to the power of perseverance and unconditional love. Like a phoenix rising from the ashes, your bond has emerged from the trials of the past, burning brighter for all it has overcome.

“Lindsay, may you always find in Donald the unwavering support and acceptance you deserve. And Donald, may you continue to be the presence that helps Lindsay shine her light, unafraid and unashamed.

“To both of you: may your home be a haven of understanding, where judgments are left at the door and love reigns supreme. May you face each challenge as you’ve faced those in the past – together, with courage and compassion.

“Let your union remind us all that love can heal the deepest wounds, bridge the widest gaps, and rewrite the stories we thought were set in stone. May it inspire us to keep our hearts open, to choose understanding over judgment, and to never give up on those we love.

“We stand here today, not just as witnesses to your marriage, but as a testament to the healing power of love, and especially family. Our presence is a promise – a promise to support you, to learn from you, and to continue growing together.

“We love you both, we celebrate you, and we bless this union with all our hearts. To Lindsay and Donald!”

As Alison’s final words hung in the air, a heavy silence fell over the reception hall. Lindsay’s lower lip quivered, her eyes brimming with tears that threatened to spill over. Without a word, she took a halting step toward her sister, then another, her movements quickening until she was nearly running.

Alison opened her arms just as Lindsay crashed into her, the force of their embrace causing them both to stumble. Lindsay buried her face in Alison’s shoulder, her body shaking with sobs. Alison’s fingers tangled in Lindsay’s carefully styled hair, but neither seemed to care.

“I’m sorry,” Lindsay whispered, her words muffled against Alison’s dress. “I love you so much.”

Alison could only nod, her own tears falling freely now.

From the edge of the dance floor, Don and Leslie exchanged a glance before moving toward their daughters. Gina and Jennifer, as if drawn by an invisible force, didn’t hesitate to join.

Don’s strong arms encircled both Lindsay and Alison. Leslie pressed herself against Lindsay’s back, one hand reaching out to stroke Alison’s cheek. Gina and Jennifer squeezed in where they could, their hands finding purchase on shoulders and waists.

The Anastacios stood there, a tangle of limbs and emotions, swaying as if moved by an oceanside breeze. Mascara-stained tears dotted luxurious dresses and suit jackets, but no one seemed to mind. In that moment, years of hurt and misunderstanding evaporated, replaced by the warmth of unconditional love.

Of family.

From the sidelines, Donald watched, his own eyes misting over. He caught Mr. Anastacio’s gaze over the group, and the older man nodded, a silent acknowledgment of gratitude and acceptance. As Donald stepped forward, the circle opened to welcome him, pulling him into the heart of their reconciliation.

The embrace lingered, each member reluctant to let go of this newfound unity. But as notes of the next song filled the air, they slowly disentangled, their faces a canvas of bittersweet smiles and watery eyes. DJ L-Train’s deep voice announced the next tradition: the parent-child dance.

Lindsay turned to her father, their eyes meeting in a moment of understanding. Don extended his hand, his touch gentle, as if afraid Lindsay might slip away again. Across the dance floor, Donald sought out his mother, Jane, her proud smile a beacon of warmth.

As the two couples took their positions, home movies of Evie played on the big projection screen, a touching tribute to her memory and the legacy she left behind. “I love you, Evie!” Lindsay bellowed out as she began the slow sway. “I know you’re here and watching us.”

Della Terra Seaside Chapel provided its own catering service and the food proved to be top-notch. For the main entree, there was meatless mostaccioli with parmesan, seasoned prime rib with horseradish creme, and alfredo bow tie pasta with red peppers, peas and mushrooms. Side dishes included a vegetable medley, confetti rice, honey-glazed baby carrots, and hot German potato salad.

Yet Donald’s fork invariably kept returning to the Asian-style salad with crunchy noodles, mandarin oranges, and Sesame dressing. Musical notes drifted, barely audible above the hum of conversation.

There was no receiving line, so Lindsay and Donald walked around to each table during dinner to again greet and thank all the guests for coming. Somehow, they still found time to sit down and finish their meals.

Dessert presented an ample array of choices – coffee crunch trifle, miniature coconut cupcakes, passion fruit curd on tiny macaroons, white chocolate choux puffs, lemon bars, and strawberry shortcakes.

Yet the pièce de résistance of the dessert table, a four-tiered masterpiece of confectionery art, was the wedding cake itself. White buttercream draped each layer like fresh snow, its simplicity broken only by delicate hibiscus flowers crafted from sugar, their petals so lifelike one could almost smell their sweet fragrance.

The cake’s interior held secrets of its own: two tiers promised the zing of lemon sponge and curd, while the other two concealed rich layers of mahogany, dark and decadent with chocolate hazelnut truffle cream. Crowning this culinary monument, a burst of color exploded in the form of a summer wildflower bouquet, its vibrant hues a stark contrast to the cake’s white façade.

In the morning, Lindsay and Donald would board a plane at the Los Angeles International Airport. Mykonos, the jewel of the Greek Isles, would be their honeymoon escape, its white-washed buildings, lazy windmills, and cobalt domes the ideal postcard against the deep turquoise of the Aegean Sea.

They’d chosen this island paradise for its perfect blend of natural beauty and pulsating energy. The wild shores, windswept hills, and magical valleys beckoned, but Lindsay couldn’t wait to experience a taste of its legendary party atmosphere. At night, Mykonos ramped up to full volume in its many bars and beach clubs, beating to an obsessive rhythm until undetermined hours. Donald, while more reserved and content with a quiet evening stargazing, found himself caught up in Lindsay’s enthusiasm, and was determined to keep pace with her.

Growing up confined to Citronelle, Lindsay had yearned to explore the world beyond her small-town borders. Now, with Donald, things were different. He made a promise to her that travel would be a cornerstone of their life together. Whether it was quick jaunts to Las Vegas, California, Utah, Wyoming, or Arizona, or grand adventures across continents, Donald vowed to make up for all the trips Lindsay missed in her youth. “We’ll see it all, sweetheart. Every place you’ve ever dreamed of, and then some.”

DJ L-Train’s voice cut through the chatter of the reception. “Alright, everyone. It’s time for the bouquet toss. Single ladies, make your way to the dance floor.”

Lindsay stepped onto a chair, turning her back to the small crowd gathering behind her. She glanced over her shoulder, catching sight of her sisters among the group.

“You guys ready?” Lindsay called out, adjusting her grip on the bouquet.

A mix of cheers and laughter answered her.

The bouquet arced through the air, a blur of white and pink. Hands reached up, grasping, but the flowers sailed over most of them. In the back of the group, Alison’s eyes widened. She leapt, her arm stretching high, fingers just managing to snag the ribbon.

“I got it!” Alison shrieked, stumbling backward but clutching the bouquet to her chest. Seconds later, the other women swarmed like vultures, their excited squeals piercing the ballroom as they bounced in a gleeful, chaotic dance of celebration. Still stunned, Alison found herself at the center of a whirlwind, the bouquet held high above the bobbing heads like a fragrant trophy.

On a side note, Lindsay insisted on donating the majority of the live flower arrangements to the nursing home where Betty Stanlick, Donald’s grandmother, had spent her final years before passing away in 2017. “I think she would like this, Donnie, and it would be an awesome tribute to her.” While a nursing home would never be anyone’s preferred living quarters, Lindsay realized small gestures like this might bring a touch of joy to its current residents. “I just wish Betty could be with us tonight because I know how much she meant to you.”

The evening had one more surprise in store. Don, touting a microphone as well, beckoned Jane to join him on the dance floor. Guests leaned close, eyebrows raised with whispers swirling. What could Lindsay’s father possibly have planned with Donald’s mother? Even the newlyweds exchanged bewildered glances, in the dark the same as everyone else.

Then, as the opening notes of a familiar tune serenaded the hall, jaws dropped. The unlikely duo launched into a rendition of Elton John’s Can You Feel the Love Tonight, their voices blending in an endearingly off-key harmony. Laughter and applause erupted, with Donald burying his face in his hands in morbid embarrassment while Lindsay clapped along, her eyes dancing with delight.

“They’re drunk!” Donald observed.

The performance, though far from perfect, became an instant highlight of the evening, a moment of unexpected humor that would be recounted for years to come.

The dance floor transformed into Donald’s personal stage, his enthusiasm infectious as he twirled from partner to partner. His tie loosened and hair slightly off-kilter, he moved with an energy that seemed inexhaustible. Laughter bubbled from his lips as he attempted the Electric Slide with his buddy, Kenneth, then seamlessly transitioned to a waltz with his mother-in-law.

When Mr. Anastacio approached with a playful challenge in his eyes, Donald didn’t hesitate. The two men launched into an impromptu dance-off, their moves becoming outrageous as the crowd egged them on.

Donald’s face was flushed, his smile all-encompassing as he caught Lindsay’s gaze across the room. In that moment, the realization hit him anew – he was married to this woman, his once-impossible dream now gloriously real. Invigorated, Donald threw himself back into the dance with renewed fervor, willing himself to keep this euphoria alive until the final note faded.

Just moments from midnight, Lindsay and Donald ended things on a high note with one final dance to the tune of Save the Best for Last, a song performed by award-winning musician Vanessa Williams. Select guests were then ushered by the staff to their various guest bedrooms, where they’d spend the evening, while the remaining ones went back to their homes or hotel rooms.

With the reception hall emptied, Lindsay found herself enveloped in a tight family embrace. Tears reflected in her father’s eyes as he held her close, while her mother’s lips kissed her forehead. Gina, Jennifer, and Alison crowded around, creating one more spectacular moment in an evening full of them.

Ultimately, the final guests remaining were Pamela, Colt, Jenn, and Christina. In a burst of exhilaration that defied words, Lindsay flung herself into Pamela’s outstretched arms.

“Congratulations, honey! I’m so happy for you!”

Colt made his way to Donald, his usual stoic expression softened by the evening’s festivities. He clapped a hand on Donald’s shoulder, giving it a firm squeeze.

“Hell of a night, huh?” Colt said, his voice gruff but warm. He glanced over at Lindsay, still caught up in an animated embrace and conversation with Pamela. “You know, when Lindsay first told me she was dating you, I thought she was pulling my leg.”

Donald chuckled, a bit self-consciously. “Yeah, I bet that was hard to believe.”

Colt nodded, a hint of wonder in his eyes. “No kidding. Last time I’d seen you, the night of the big snowstorm, you were …” he paused, choosing his words carefully, “… let’s just say you were in a different place. But man,” he shook his head, “the way you turned things around? It’s like night and day. Gotta admit, I’m impressed.”

His gaze hardened. “Listen, Donald. What you’ve done, the changes you’ve made? That takes guts. And seeing how happy you make Lindsay?” He paused, searching for words. “Well, let’s just say you’ve earned my respect.”

Colt cleared his throat, uncomfortable with the depth of emotion he was showing. “What I’m trying to say is … you’re good for Lindsay. She’s incredibly happy with you, and you treat her well. And that makes you family in my book.” He extended his hand. “If you or Lindsay ever need anything, I’ll be here. Pamela too.”

Donald wiped a tear from his cheek. “Thank you, man. That … it means a lot to me. It really does. I’ve always looked up to you, respected you.”

“You’re gonna be the greatest to ever do this.” Meanwhile, Pamela still held Lindsay close, offering words of encouragement. “Don’t ever let nobody tell you nothing different. You’ve already eclipsed everything I ever achieved in the business in just one-third the time. Courtesan of the Year at age twenty-one? That’s amazing.” Pamela smacked Lindsay’s shoulder with an open palm. “Keep doing what you’re doing. Break that record, bring home every award they got, and have a seat. I love you, girl, you hear me? I’ll always love you.”

As Jenn and Christina stepped in, completing the core of Happy Ending Ranch, both past and present, Lindsay was struck by a sudden, overwhelming clarity. These people – Pamela, Colt, Jenn, Christina, and even Donald – weren’t just friends or colleagues. They were the pillars that had held her up when she thought she’d crumble, the light that guided her through her darkest hours. Each face told a story: of trust built and broken and rebuilt stronger, of laughter shared in unlikely moments, of hands held through moments that threatened to tear them apart.

Standing here now, on the precipice of the rest of her life, Lindsay Stanlick realized that she wasn’t leaving anything behind. Instead, she was bringing the best parts of her journey forward – the lessons, the love, and this foundation of friends who had become family themselves.

((This chapter will continue in the next post))

Published 
Written by JeremyDCP
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your erotic stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors