Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Anyone else play the piano or other musical instruments?

last reply
68 replies
6.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I play piano. I lived it, breathed it and made it my bitch.
Lurker
0 likes
Bass and guitar
Forum Wordsmith
0 likes
Guitar and Drums are the main ones. But I dabble at a few others.
Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile - Mark Twain
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Wild at Heart
0 likes
I can sing like a goddamned angel. I have a heavenly voice.

As a child I was taught piano and clarinet but need a refresher on those now.
0 likes
Took clarinet from Grade 7 through high school. Still know the fingerings (mostly) but my technique, never great to start with, is shot to hell from lack of practice.

(Yes, there may be something Freudian about a repressed bi male blowing on a long, hard, black instrument . Why do you ask?)
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Bass guitar and upright bass and I have some basic guitar skills. I actually started the other way around, but never touch a guitar anymore. Haven't played my upright bass either for some years now, but would love to incorporate it in my current band. It's just that I need transportation or that which I don't have at the moment. And at home it's just too loud for my not very sound proof apartment.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I played piano for about two years when I was in elementary school before my music teacher moved away. Instead of finding a new one, I took up the violin and played for seven, all through middle school and high school. In college, my dormmate had a guitar so I started teaching myself that and have been on and off ever since (mostly off, unfortunately). I grew up in Bremerton so just like everyone else from there, I know how to play one bass line (if you’re familiar with MxPx, you know which one I’m talking about).

I would love to get back into music but it’s difficult to find the time. The rational thing would be to find somewhere to take lessons again, building off of what’s already there, but to be honest, I’ve been more interested in the prospect of vocal lessons lately. Ugh, there’s just never enough time.

I can’t think of a good tagline so this will have to do. Suggest a better one for me?

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by hopp3r
I played piano for about two years when I was in elementary school before my music teacher moved away. Instead of finding a new one, I took up the violin and played for seven, all through middle school and high school. In college, my dormmate had a guitar so I started teaching myself that and have been on and off ever since (mostly off, unfortunately). I grew up in Bremerton so just like everyone else from there, I know how to play one bass line (if you’re familiar with MxPx, you know which one I’m talking about).

I would love to get back into music but it’s difficult to find the time. The rational thing would be to find somewhere to take lessons again, building off of what’s already there, but to be honest, I’ve been more interested in the prospect of vocal lessons lately. Ugh, there’s just never enough time.

I have been playing abit on the violin this past year, und some harmonica too.
I not very good on violin yet, it ist not so easy to get the sound ya should und not being sharp or flat, especially bowing technique,
but I'm better for harmonica. Both ist much fun...smiles
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
i am a goddess on guitar lol

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Marx Sister
0 likes
Quote by sprite
"i am a goddess on guitar lol"

Does that mean that we as mortals will go insane if we hear you play? biggrin

I play guitar with middling to mediocre talent, a smidge of bass (guitar), and have toyed with some other instruments. I am an adequate singer. Pretty spectacular range, decent timing and breath control, but garbage pitch control.
My Featured Stories
The Snowglobe Conspiracy – Solving a great mystery | There Is No Butterfly – Time Travel competition entry | Incurable Arousal – Most viewed | Toxic, But Not Sinister – Mutual loathing at its finest | You Were – An experience in the second person | Desiderium – A scattering of lovers
Clumeleon
0 likes
I'm the karaoke king.
0 likes
Quote by sprite

You give lessons, o Holy one? I've long thought that if I take up another instrument, guitar would an option.ZYVyuoxvw66yzK3Y
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by ivanka_simkiewisz
I have been playing abit on the violin this past year, und some harmonica too.
I not very good on violin yet, it ist not so easy to get the sound ya should und not being sharp or flat, especially bowing technique,
but I'm better for harmonica. Both ist much fun...smiles

I understand completely what you mean. The violin can be an intimidating instrument because it takes time to learn how to use the bow in a way that doesn't make loud, scratchy noises that always seem to be a tad too sharp. I would suggest trying to learn bluegrass and country songs before any of the more challenging classical pieces (in my seventh year, at my peak ability, I could barely manage my way through "Adagio for Strings" and only had the courage to attempt it once on stage) as those genres don't try to cover up the imperfections but instead embrace them as a part of the style and character of the music.

It's really all about practicing and finding the right speed and pressure to apply, almost like finding the right shape and exhale force to produce a whistle. Using the right amount of rosin on the bow is a pretty big factor as well and most beginners love to slather the stuff on. For now, I would recommend using as much as you need and focusing all of your preparation on getting your instrument in tune. Otherwise, you'll learn all of the wrong finger placements and so much of the violin depends on muscle memory.

I can’t think of a good tagline so this will have to do. Suggest a better one for me?

Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I don’t understand anyone who doesn’t see the power in music. Playing guitar, singing and playing piano is the best emotional release, and can make other people feel powerful things too.

I’ve been playing guitar for 15 years, but meeting other girls into music on any level, even if they’ve just started an instrument is a huge turn on for me haha I don’t know why
The Linebacker
0 likes
Guitar, bass, banjo, and saxophone.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I've played the piano (and synthesizers) since age 5. Drums, tympani and marimba in high school and college, and the Native American flute since my 20's.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I teach classical piano, which is the only instrument I play with any proficiency. However, my goal is to learn to play all instruments in a symphony orchestra. Currently, I can play the violin, cello, bass, French Horn and percussion. Oboe is my next challenge.
Troublemaker
0 likes
Quote by sprite

hell yes you are!

I played drums, can play a bit of guitar, harmonica, assorted percussion instruments and I have a hand made Ojibway flute that has a beautiful haunting sound. oh yeah and Tibetan singing Bowls. I always wanted to learn the cello.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Beffer
I've played the piano (and synthesizers) since age 5. Drums, tympani and marimba in high school and college, and the Native American flute since my 20's.

what about the skin flute?

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

0 likes
Grew up with a baby grand piano in the front room, so yes, I can play, in the sense that since I never learned to read music, I can play only what I've heard and memorized.

Super proud of my oldest, who somehow ended up with musical gifts and plays the cello, bass, and double bass in his school's orchestra, and the bass in his school's jazz choir. Only kid in the school to play in both groups, it's a little bonkers.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Quote by sprite

what about the skin flute?

I'm a virtuoso on the skin flute.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Beffer

Judging from the photo of you lying on that bench, I guess that means you started playing last year.
If you're feeling bored during this Covid-19 epidemic I’d like to suggest
you take a peek at a story I collaborated with SueBrasil, a brilliant author.
It's about a mistake in judgment a lady makes concerning a friend, based
on the hurtful words of someone that only thinks of himself. Will that
conniving person succeed in ruining a beautiful friendship, or will she see
through his lies? It's gradually creeping up towards the 30,000 mark
and we’d love any votes or hearing whatever comments you may wish
to make. It is listed in my profile under ‘FAVOURITES’ as Apologize.

www.lushstories.com/stories/first-time/apologize.aspx
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Beffer

I'm a virtuoso on the skin flute.

Mmmm, well I may be a regular Beethoven or Mozart as I my piano skilled hands play between your thighs, but my jazz mouth may blow the blues away from your inner core as my violin tongue vibrates a tune onto your musical clit.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I play the pipe organ and the tuba. I am Grade 8 standard on the tuba. I have play in brass bands the orchestras. I am doing a project to find out the state of pipe organs in the North of England. I have recently been asked to provide music lessons to a young Euphonium ( a tenor tuba) to are young man. I think he will do well.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Andy37
I teach classical piano, which is the only instrument I play with any proficiency. However, my goal is to learn to play all instruments in a symphony orchestra. Currently, I can play the violin, cello, bass, French Horn and percussion. Oboe is my next challenge.

Try the bassoon. Most oboe players go mad
Force of Nature
0 likes
Quote by GaynorBlue
I play the pipe organ and the tuba. I am Grade 8 standard on the tuba. I have play in brass bands the orchestras. I am doing a project to find out the state of pipe organs in the North of England. I have recently been asked to provide music lessons to a young Euphonium ( a tenor tuba) to are young man. I think he will do well.

A dear friend and drinking buddy, Robin Richmond, was the original presenter of The Organist Entertains until 1980. Researching him might help your project.

Looks like we're in for a nasty spell of wether.

Gracie Goes To Hollywood's - True

The Night They Tried to Close RUMPLATIONS Bar (with JamesLlewellyn)

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by GaynorBlue

Try the bassoon. Most oboe players go mad

Too late! I am already mad! The Oboe is the instrument which is used to 'tune' the orchestra.