Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Do you get aroused when reading your own stories?

last reply
143 replies
16.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes, I do. I get aroused when I'm writing them as well. That's how I know it's doing to be a good story.
Щíccαη Щoods Щhore
0 likes
I have written many things, only some erotica, but I would never offer them for public viewing. They are mine alone.
I get very much aroused while "writing" erotic stories, re-reading, editing/changing,
imagination can conjure any path, und when reading them the first few times as completed work I can get lost in fantasy that ist solely mine, but after that the thrill loses much as I know the whole story.
Time to move on to other adventure.
. . .♀♌TT☩✯⁂⊕⧋▽⧊ )◯( ψΨ∅ǯǮǯ∞✾❈❁✤. . .
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The ones I write to be arousing, yes. Using a TTS program with a sexy voice to read them back to me also helps.
Space Force Deserter
0 likes
Fuck, yes, and anytime I read them afterwards, too! I actually write them for myself, but am thrilled when they turn on others!

"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were, but without it we go nowhere.”
― Carl Sagan
0 likes
Hi, Like most here, yes when writing mine, reading mine, reading others. I find it a healthy way to recognize my desires for m2m connection and yet remain faithful to my marital commitment of plus 20 years. I find the build-up to be the most arousal inducing for obvious reasons. I think it is writer Leo Marx who said something like, Literary reading educates us about desire. Thanks for the Q and for the shared responses! Sending cyber-hug.
0 likes
I have not written any down but can easily get aroused remembering the good omes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
If they are the true stories, of course. If they are just stories, it depends how well I've written them.
Sexy Seductive Siren
0 likes
Sometimes. I certainly got extremely horny and wet writing them! I guess its because, like the previous respondent posted, most of them are true or at least based on truth.
Meagan
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The process changes the intensity of my feelings. The first idea, the formulating in my mind and those first couple of passes definitively have the desired effect. After that, during the countless reviews and revisions the boredom sets in. By the time the story is ready I've lost interest. Re-reading brings out the critic in me and all I notice is the areas that could have been better.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes, it is part of the process for me, I write in chunks and what I think of and try, the research and the ideas all turn me on. When I finish, I put it aside and then after a few days I read it in one pass. If it doesn't arouse me then I have to go in and rewrite. When that process is finished, I send to a few friends to check for me. So far it works.

There are times she is kneeling out of obedience, reverence and respect. Those are the times it is okay to stand above her. But when she is kneeling because the weight of the world is just too heavy to bear … that is when You should be kneeling beside her.

Daddy has a lovely family - Daddy’s Little Family … https://www.lushstories.com/stories/flash-erotica/-daddys-little-family-.aspx

He is behind the curtain - Someone’s Watching ... https://www.lushstories.com/stories/masturbation/-someones-watching-.aspx

Some childhood memories return - Memories of Daddy … https://www.lushstories.com/stories/microfiction/-memories-of-daddy-.aspx

Just a ride in the country - Afternoon Distraction …
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/microfiction/-afternoon-distraction-.aspx

She waits to keep a promise - Promises …
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/microfiction/-promises-.aspx
Story Verifier
0 likes
I get aroused while writing them but I guess that's the same for anyone writing a sex scene
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't get aroused by reading my own work, but I'm red hot while writing them. It's a really intense experience as I feel like I'm living the story as the words flow onto the page.
Space Force Deserter
0 likes
Oh, hell yes! Especially if I wait long enough and have forgotten some of it - I get very, very aroused.

I started writing after reading so much erotica for years and got tired of the horrible grammar and continuity mistakes and very few stories/books turned me on as much as I would have liked (in my preferred genres/kinks). So I decided to write what I'd like to read and if others enjoyed the stories, then great. If not, well, I wrote them for me anyway.

"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were, but without it we go nowhere.”
― Carl Sagan
Space Force Deserter
0 likes
Quote by GraceW
yes

Grace = Succinct

I guess it really did only require a one-word response...

xoxo

― Carl Sagan
0 likes
No. All I see are things I could have written differently. It’s not a turn on
High Lord of Darkness
0 likes
I get turned on writing them. Well, thinking of them first, but some never get written because I forget the urgency of the sex by the time I put finger to keyboard and so the story just doesn't seem the same as I remember it. They get binned.

I rarely get aroused reading stories, but sometimes I do.

I used to be a pervert. In here, I'm normal!

Watch this space...She is really - cumming soon!

"the Great God (snicker)" - James 'Bear' Llewellyn
0 likes
It's been known to happen.

Kite's Kinky Tales

My latest offering -

Once more in Love Poems - My Forever Beauty

My 2 previous submissions:

Both Love Poems

Pearls

As The New Year Dawns

Please read and enjoy. If you really enjoyed a story someone has written; how about clicking on 'Like' and/or 'Favorite'.
Why not leave a comment too?

Best down-under
0 likes
Quote by Saucymh
No. All I see are things I could have written differently. It’s not a turn on

Ha, this is so me. So even with ideas that arouse me when I think of them and prompt me to start writing, the arousal doesn't last when I get into the mechanics of writing and re-writing and re-writing again. As for proof-reading it must be the least sexy thing on the planet. And as for reading after publication all I can think of is what I could do differently which as you say is so not a turn on.

Do check out my latest story:

Unleashed competition: Bull Shite, Bull Dykes, Bull Fights: That’s Your Everyday D/s Love Story. | Lush Stories

And my other stories, including 5 EPs, 22 RR's, and 15 competition top 10's including my pride competition winner: On Oxford Street, This Gay Girl Found Pride While Playing With Balls

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I get aroused reading them and also when writing them. Especially with the true stories as they bring back some very special memories. Sometimes my wife reads over them with me and jogs my memory or makes suggestions and that can get us both turned on.

Click Pegasus4's Profile (lushstories.com) to see my profile.

Click Pegasus4's Stories (lushstories.com) to see a list of my stories.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by CuriousAnnie

Ha, this is so me. So even with ideas that arouse me when I think of them and prompt me to start writing, the arousal doesn't last when I get into the mechanics of writing and re-writing and re-writing again. As for proof-reading it must be the least sexy thing on the planet. And as for reading after publication all I can think of is what I could do differently which as you say is so not a turn on.

This is so me, I couldn't agree more with Sauch or Annie; the initial ideas about the story can be a real turn-on, but then the mechanics take over when writing and spending so much effort trying to get it right (and even once in a great while succeeding), the eroticism seems to kind of dissipate. Especially when proofreading - it's a drudge job!

That said, there is that occasional scene.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I would say, yes, on certain occasions. Firstly, it is because the situations I've written were arousing for me in the first place (that's why I wrote them after all). But even more than that it's to do with the fact that when it is a story I have written I have an expanded sense of environment, characters, intimacy, etc. All of these things can be valid for someone else's story too, after all that is what good writing is about. But arousal can sometimes come easy from your own stories, at least some of the time.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes. If they don't arouse me how can i expect others to enjoy them.