Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Cost of Living: What do things cost where you live?

last reply
19 replies
2.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
The U.K. has always seemed to me to be a particularly expensive place to live. This got me thinking, what do everyday items cost where you live compared to the rest of the world?

Here are a few examples:

Fuel (petrol/diesel) - Approx £1.30 per litre (£4.91 per U.S. gallon)
- That's $1.68 U.S dollars per litre ($6.36 per U.S. gallon)
- That's €1.46 Euros per litre (€5.51 per U.S. gallon)

Cigarettes - Approx £11.00 per 20 pack.
- That's $14.25 U.S dollars
- That's €12.35 Euros

Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey - £26.00 for 1L bottle
- That's $33.70 U.S. dollars
- That's €29.20 Euros

Exchange rate used: $1.2963 USD to £1 GBP
Exchange rate used: €1.1233 EURO to £1 GBP

Ungovernable
0 likes
Petrol is currently about $2.89/gallon locally but a drive over the state line kicks it down to about $2.67.

Will have to get back to you on the other two...more research needed!
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Well, housing is probably the most serious problem in the SF Bay Area. A one bedroom runs around $2700. A two bedroom would be about $3300/mo. Most of my income goes to rent.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Real estate here is at least double what it is in the rest of Ohio because it's an affluent historical college town with great schools. I don't smoke or drink, so I don't care about those. I don't even look to see what I'm paying for gas, but it's no higher than average in the midwest.
The Linebacker
0 likes
The average gasoline price in Atlanta right now is about $2.33 per gallon.

A fifth of Jack Daniels about $24 - $45 depending which label you get.

I have no idea what cigarettes cost. I buy imported cigars that average about $8 -$25 per cigar.

Housing in Atlanta is very reasonable compared to major cities in the north and west coast. But prices can vary greatly depending upon neighborhood and section of the city.
$500,000 can get you about a 4-5 bedroom, 3500-5000 sq. ft. 2 story home, plus full daylight basement, and 2-3 car garage. About $250,000 can get you a 3-4 bedroom home, about 1900-2400 sq. ft. with 2 car garage.

A movie at the theater is about $18 per ticket, Coke & popcorn $10-12.

Cheap steak dinner about $25 a person.

A college football ticket is $55-90 per person, plus at least a $1,000 donation to the university's athletic dept. for the right to buy tickets. For good seats, donations would be several tens of thousands of dollars.

Braves baseball tickets about $12 per outfield seat, $25 per better, and up and up.
Unfuckwithable
0 likes
The part of UK I live in;

Fuel (petrol/diesel) - Approx £1.36 per litre

Cigarettes - £8.00 per 20 pack.

Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey - £32.50 for 1L bottle
You should first read this Looky Here!!

and then this Free stuff

then say 'Hi'
Story Verifier
0 likes
Quote by apptobebad
The part of UK I live in;

Fuel (petrol/diesel) - Approx £1.36 per litre

Cigarettes - £8.00 per 20 pack.

Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey - £32.50 for 1L bottle

Absolutely shocking! Jack Daniels for £32.50 - you can buy a 1L bottle of Glenmorangie Malt whisky for £25.00 in Tesco.
“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”
Snake Charmera
0 likes
Here in Jersey
Gas is about $2.73-2.85 a gallon
Cigarettes are about $8.50-$9.00 a pack of 20
Jack Daniels is about $60 for about 24 oz
Housing around here is expensive an apartment is anywhere from $900-2000 a month depending on where it's located
Taxes on my house which is 3br and about 7 acres is $8500 a year
Movie tickets are $13 a piece with popcorn $7.00 for a small and $5.00 for a water.
Current New Jersey minimum wage is $8.60/hour

My Anti-Valentine Entry 💔

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/cheating/a-valentines-date-to-remember

My first EP and a top ten from the Pride Competition
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/lesbian/-love-is-love-.aspx

Hanging in the background but around

Lurker
0 likes
Gas is about 3.50 a gallon here and if I told you what my house cost, you would just throw up.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
A case of Coors is 19.00. Gas is about 3.30 a gal.
Lurker
0 likes
Everything is expensive where I live.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Liz
The U.K. has always seemed to me to be a particularly expensive place to live. This got me thinking, what do everyday items cost where you live compared to the rest of the world?

Here are a few examples:

Fuel (petrol/diesel) - Approx £1.30 per litre (£4.91 per U.S. gallon)
- That's $1.68 U.S dollars per litre ($6.36 per U.S. gallon)
- That's €1.46 Euros per litre (€5.51 per U.S. gallon)

Cigarettes - Approx £11.00 per 20 pack.
- That's $14.25 U.S dollars
- That's €12.35 Euros

Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey - £26.00 for 1L bottle
- That's $33.70 U.S. dollars
- That's €29.20 Euros

Exchange rate used: $1.2963 USD to £1 GBP
Exchange rate used: €1.1233 EURO to £1 GBP

I agree,
The price of living goes up year on year but wages for some remain the same. I can see why so many live in poverty.
Primus Omnium
0 likes
I just spent $1,.89 a gallon for gas. The prices have been dropping rapidly recently.

No idea what cigarettes are. I stopped smoking in 1998. At that time they were around $2.50 a pack.

I've never bought whiskey for more than about $15.00 a liter. I don't have expensive tastes.

Our townhome is costing us less than $600 a month for the mortgage, taxes, and insurance. A bargain really. I believe a renter would pay around a thousand to rent the same type of place. Not really too bad, actually.
Ungovernable
0 likes
$2.31/gallon for petrol
$0.95 additional to pay a muni tax/water bill online
$32.00 for NSF fee (so I've heard)
$0.79 for 1lb. box of baking soda
$22 - $28 for 3-liter tin of olive oil
$1.89 for 1 Aero bar (pass)
Don't drink or smoke so can't fill you in on those.
Sexy Seductive Siren
0 likes
I live in the U.S. House prices in major metropolitan areas are going out of sight and health care is relatively more expensive here than elsewhere. In addition, gasoline and automobile insurance rates and repair costs are a lot higher than in more rural areas.
Meagan
Щíccαη Щoods Щhore
0 likes
Some costs that maybe relevant.
Petrol has been about 1.40 € to 1.55 € per litre mostly.

I helped a friend look for an apartment earlier this year.
A smaller 2-room apartment ist about 1,000 €, a larger 1-bedroom can be 2,000 €. We convinced her to purchase instead.

My mobile phone service ist about 38 € monthly, und has been over 100 € making international calls alot. Our DSL Internet about the same.
About 600 € airfare return trip from Wiesbaden to Sanliurfa twice this year. Thank god for the HBF sometimes.

Clothes depends on your taste so I won't even go there.
My biggest vice ist Japanese lingerie. I purchase all of mine from them. They can be abit expensive, mine are about 150 €, 160 USD or so.
They have sets in all price ranges though, but they last forever, have the best materials, quality, choice of fabrics/styles, beautiful designs, und are without any doubt the most comfortable hootie hammock/kitty sets you will ever wear, plain und simply.
Anyone have interest mail me und I'll send ya the Risa Magli und Uniqlo websites I like.

Purchased my 2016 BMW M5 when it was 2 years old for 76,642 € which I was told was good price.

We grow or raise most of our food. Our electricity ist solar panel und 2 wind turbines. All of our water ist from the well und lakes,
so I don't know about those costs generally. Should be easy enough to look up though if it's burning your brain.
. . .♀♌TT☩✯⁂⊕⧋▽⧊ )◯( ψΨ∅ǯǮǯ∞✾❈❁✤. . .
0 likes
TOO DAMN MUCH!! Housing in SEA is 2x the price of my home recently in ATL
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Its not to bad in Aus
Force of Nature
0 likes
I am in the desert in New Mexico, SW USA.

An 18-year-old Glenmorangie is around $75.

We don't smoke.

Petrol is around $2.40 - $2.50.

Rent ranges from $600 to $900 for a 2/3 bed single wide trailer or small house.

Land costs $1500 and up per acre. A new mobile home to put on it can run from $80,000 to $200,000

I paid $2100 for a 30-year-old 4x4 truck.

Internet is $50/mo, basic phone is $25/mo.

Looks like we're in for a nasty spell of wether.

Gracie Goes To Hollywood's - True

The Night They Tried to Close RUMPLATIONS Bar (with JamesLlewellyn)