Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Who was your favorite Olympian in the 2012 London Games?

last reply
48 replies
5.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Missy Franklin. She just had a great attitude and seemed to embody the olympic spirit more than just about anyone smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

This story probably got overlooked the most, but for an athlete to succeed so well WHILE running on a broken leg just so his nation could go to the next round is the best ever.

Go Team USA, Go Manteo Mitchell! I may be a bit biased because he did come from my alma mater, but it's still amazing because he completed a race with a fractured fibula, folks. I bet you can't run as fast as him with your legs in working order (I know I can't!!)

http://espn.go.com/blog/olympics/post/_/id/3430/broken-leg-doesnt-stop-manteo-mitchell

That's an old article but still relevant. I enjoyed swimming & gymnastics, but for me Mitchell took the cake as the best athlete. If he had slowed down or just plain given up, Team USA wouldn't have gotten the silver!
Quote by sprite
Missy Franklin. She just had a great attitude and seemed to embody the olympic spirit more than just about anyone smile

That is so true. She is really grounded and focused. Turning down endorsements to remain eligible to participate for her high school team, and to play at the collegiate level. Very smart girl, she understands the money will always be there. I cannot wait to see here in the future.
Misty May Treanor.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Epke Zonderland ... the Flying Dutchman

Didnt really have a favorite. I was happy for all the US athletes, well I guess all the athletes in general but being an American, or team comes first in my heart. I was especially happy for the US Womens Soccer Team and for the Womens Gymnastic Team. I also felt really bad for Lolo Jones too but Icould have done without some of her interviews afterward.

On a negative side, I could have done without the US Mens Basketball Team. Nothing really against them but isnt it time we go back to true amateurs. I understand why it was originally done when we had the Michael Jordan lead dream team to prove a point that if the USA uses pros like Russia and the other countries did, it would be no contest. But now lets go back to letting the college players play regardless of what the rest of the world does!!

Besides, when the US fields a team of professionals, if they win it will be SO WHAT!, they are supposed to win but if they lose it will be a National embarrassment!!
Quote by lafayettemister
Misty May Treanor.

She was my favorite as well.
Wojdan Ali Seraj Abdulrahim Shahrkhani

One of two women who represented Saudi Arabia at the Olympics for the first time. Only been practicing judo for two years and is only a blue belt. Got absolutely slaughtered in the first round of the competition.

Amazing.
None. Didn't watch it
For being just amazing - Mo Farah!

But I'd like to get Jessica Ennis into bed ;)

22 February 2024 - How about a quick plug for one of my filthiest recent stories? It's all in the title - Naked Pool Party Swingers | Lush Stories Please read, comment and maybe give it a ❤️ - or even a⭐ if you really enjoy it! Thank you! Annie xxx

Quote by Nikki703
Didnt really have a favorite. I was happy for all the US athletes, well I guess all the athletes in general but being an American, or team comes first in my heart. I was especially happy for the US Womens Soccer Team and for the Womens Gymnastic Team. I also felt really bad for Lolo Jones too but Icould have done without some of her interviews afterward.

On a negative side, I could have done without the US Mens Basketball Team. Nothing really against them but isnt it time we go back to true amateurs. I understand why it was originally done when we had the Michael Jordan lead dream team to prove a point that if the USA uses pros like Russia and the other countries did, it would be no contest. But now lets go back to letting the college players play regardless of what the rest of the world does!!

Besides, when the US fields a team of professionals, if they win it will be SO WHAT!, they are supposed to win but if they lose it will be a National embarrassment!!

When all the countries remove their professionals then I would agree with you, but for now, every country represented in the Olympics had at least two professionals on their team, some even had a roster full of them. I'm a firm supporter of allowing the professionals to remain if other countries do...
ALL OF THE U.S.A. ATHLETES WE ARE THE BEST IN THE WORLD GO U.S.A. LOVE MY COUNTRY GOD BLESS AMERICA
Usain bolt! Mo Farrah! Michael Phelps!....
For me it had to be Chad Le Clos... to swim against your childhood hero and one of the greatest swimmers the world has ever seen in Michael Phelps and then beat him..... what an achievement
I think it would have to be Sarah Attar - Saudi Arabia's first female track and field athelete, covered from head to toe, and came dead last in the 800m. 19 years old, and not just up against other countries in the world, but standing strong in the face of her own country, as well. Got a standing ovation, coming last in her foot race... but first, in so many other ways. Just amazing...
Feliz Sanchez-- Gold medalist on the 400m hurdles final.
And also Luguelin Santos who won silver on the 400m final.
All of them from the Dominican Republic!"
Quote by cocokisses

When all the countries remove their professionals then I would agree with you, but for now, every country represented in the Olympics had at least two professionals on their team, some even had a roster full of them. I'm a firm supporter of allowing the professionals to remain if other countries do...

I understand your point and wish the other countries would do it too. But 2 wrongs dont make a right. I rather us lead by example even if it means losing. Besides, I think a team of the best college basketball players would do very well. Especially if the NCAA and the NBA changes the rules and does not allow players to go pro until they play 2 years minimum. But I know that will never happen.
Quote by danni69
ALL OF THE U.S.A. ATHLETES WE ARE THE BEST IN THE WORLD GO U.S.A. LOVE MY COUNTRY GOD BLESS AMERICA

I'm soooo happy for you