Potatoes

last reply
21 replies
2.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
How do you like your potatoes.....boiled, mashed, french fried, chips, or whatever.....

I am a mashed potato girl, but seldom do gravy.....just mashed potatoes, although I do add extras from time to time, like green onion, or cheese, or even a pinch of sour cream.

What's your fancy?
Troublemaker
0 likes
mmmmmmmmm potatoes. I enjoy potatoes in just about any form or cooking method but I LOVE mashed potatoes. I always add something in, usually cheese and/or green onions too. My fav is to load in shredded mozzarella cheese or garlic roasted red peppers. It astounds me that so few restaurants serve decent mashed potatoes.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I’ve always loved potatoes and have eaten them all my life. How they are cooked doesn’t matter. I’ve been known to peel one, cut off a hunk and eat it raw. Yummy. I suppose if I were asked to pick a favorite way of preparing them, I’d probably say mashed since I try to watch how much grease I eat, though I’ll sure wolf down some of McDonalds French fry's or a bag of potato chips. As far as gravy goes, I can take it or leave it. If some is there, I’ll use it, but if not, I’d probably not even think of it. I’m a great one for mixing things together, so a little green onion, cheese, etc., would add a nice flavor. I’m not a fussy eater. So what time is dinner?
If you're feeling bored during this Covid-19 epidemic I’d like to suggest
you take a peek at a story I collaborated with SueBrasil, a brilliant author.
It's about a mistake in judgment a lady makes concerning a friend, based
on the hurtful words of someone that only thinks of himself. Will that
conniving person succeed in ruining a beautiful friendship, or will she see
through his lies? It's gradually creeping up towards the 30,000 mark
and we’d love any votes or hearing whatever comments you may wish
to make. It is listed in my profile under ‘FAVOURITES’ as Apologize.

www.lushstories.com/stories/first-time/apologize.aspx
Lurker
0 likes
Love them and you can prepare them so many different ways. My favorite is Lebanese or Mediterranean style of fried potatoes with garlic, lemon and cilantro or just give me a giant baked russet and I’ll load it with all kinds of yummy toppings.
Lurker
0 likes
Potatoes are great most any way ya like, but mum's potato salat ist definitely my fav.

She has Russian potatoes in the garden mostly, und slices them after slow boil, baked thick bacon,
her stemmed green onions, peppered cheese, Steinpilze mushrooms, spoon of bier, white vinegar, sugar, kosher salt,
Dijon mustard, und chives...smiles
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
They come from idaho. Love the west. I love them all kinds of way but my least is tator tots
The Bee's Knees
0 likes

home fries! they remind me of big saturday breakfasts with the family.

Say. Her. Name.

Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
I love taters! Fries, mashed, tots, and HASH BROWNS!

If I had a fave it would have to be twice baked (with extra cheese!).
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I get these...

...then boil 'em, drain them, smash them with the skins on, sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan cheese all over them, then bake them till the cheese melts all over them.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Depends upon the meal
Boiled and smothered in butter,salt and pepper hot or cold.
Mashed with butter.
Chunky chips fried with fish.
Cooked in their jackets in the ashes of a fire when Cooking in open fire.
0 likes
Being married to an Asian, I mostly eat rice as my staple starch, but I'm still fond of taters. Hard to pick a favorite. I like chips/fries, baked with the right toppings, mashed with gravy, home fried (like what honeydipped posted).
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I like them roasted in a cast iron skillet, with a touch of olive oil, sea salt, fresh rosemary and Tibetan lavender.
Lurker
0 likes
I like them twice baked. Baked in the oven until tender, scoop out the potato and save the skin. Add butter, salt and pepper, shredded cheddar, milk or cream and whip just like mashed potatoes! Add the potatoes back into the skins, top with more cheddar and bake again for 10-15 minutes and you have twice baked potatoes!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Cowboy Potatoes are my go-to method: fried on a skillet in olive oil with peppers, onion, and salt.
Salt potatoes are my second choice (smaller potatoes boiled in salt water, dried and brushed lightly with butter) but that's mostly out of nostalgia. I used to get them all the time at the farmer's market with my dad and grandpa.

I'm still a sucker for mashed potatoes and/or steak fries though and no sit-down breakfast feels complete to me without hash browns. When ordering a steak at a nice restaurant, I've never met anyone, including myself, who doesn't go for a baked potato side dish.

I can’t think of a good tagline so this will have to do. Suggest a better one for me?

Force of Nature
0 likes
Quote by Wild_Irish_Rose
I like them twice baked. Baked in the oven until tender, scoop out the potato and save the skin. Add butter, salt and pepper, shredded cheddar, milk or cream and whip just like mashed potatoes! Add the potatoes back into the skins, top with more cheddar and bake again for 10-15 minutes and you have twice baked potatoes!

Mmmm. My husband turned me on to these. We usually use Mexican style shredded cheese because we always have it.

Looks like we're in for a nasty spell of wether.

Gracie Goes To Hollywood's - True

The Night They Tried to Close RUMPLATIONS Bar (with JamesLlewellyn)

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Potatoes are amazing! I think roast is my all time favourite, I love a jacket spud and chips (fries) covered in salt.
Lurker
0 likes
Well French fries are always a classic that's good, but my favorite would be cubed potatoes fried.
Lurker
0 likes
Roasted in olive oil, sea salt and cracked pepper. Just before serving toss with parmasan cheese