Announcing the Winners of our "Passion" Poetry Competition

last reply
74 replies
7.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
I've mentioned this elsewhere, but would like to repeat, that I was blown away by the quality of the entries to this competition, and got rather emotional reading some.

Others were outright filthy, which we also love

Poetry is very subjective, and out of half a dozen judges, none of us had the same Top 3. The top entries were only separated by a small number of votes, so it was incredibly close.

Without further ado, here are the results:

1st Place - When Passion Calls, by avrgblkgrl
2nd Place - First Light, by Liz
3rd Place - Let me be your Juliet, by sprite

Congratulations to avrgblkgrl, Liz and Sprite!

It was a pleasure reading through all the entries. I urge our membership to read all of the following. There is some outstanding poetry here. All our worthy of our "Recommended Read" award:

In Love We True Completion Find, by KindOfHeart
Paperclip, by browncoffee
It's Never Just a Fuck, by Burquette
When Shall We Wake?, by Milik_the_Red
Consumed by Passion, by Lilly
Walls That Have Eyes, by Sara
Tempestuous, by honeydipped
Piccadilly Line Passion, by naughtyannie
Oblivion, by littleduchess
Passion Evolves, by NymphWriter
Retrouvailles, by moon03
The Burning Flesh Of Angels, by gilrenard

The $250 prize money for this competition, will go to one of Alan's favourite charities, The Woodbridge Animal Group.

Thank you to everyone who took their time to craft poems for this competition. You have done Alan proud.

Nicola
Mana wahine
0 likes

Congratulations to the winners, and to those who placed in the top ten.
Lurker
0 likes
Congrats to all and the top 3 and 10. Way to go! Great poems from everyone.

Great job, Hannah and Sprite!

It was one of the best competitions I've ever seen.

I think Alan would have liked all of the entries. Thank you Nicola for donating to his favorite charity.
Lurker
0 likes
OMG! Toughest one to date. I have no idea how the judges could pick.

I've read them all... just an amazing collection!

Congrats to ALL!!!
God Empress of Lush
0 likes
Many congratulations to the winners. I'm chuffed that mine - which probably falls into the "outright filth" category - was considered worthy of a mention. Thank you

22 February 2024 - How about a quick plug for one of my filthiest recent stories? It's all in the title - Naked Pool Party Swingers | Lush Stories Please read, comment and maybe give it a ❤️ - or even a⭐ if you really enjoy it! Thank you! Annie xxx

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Congratulations to AvrgBlkGrl, Liz, Sprite and the rest of the top 10. I loved all of your work.
A little kindness can be so valuable, yet costs almost nothing

In many countries being gay is a crime, and even in modern societies, politicians try to legalise discrimination. Your voice can make a difference. Have a look at All Out to find out how.

Hey... pssst.... that's an l (as in luscious) at the end of my name, not an i
0 likes
I'm just delighted with the top three! Those were my favorites (along with about five others)!

Congratulations AvrgBlkGrl, Liz, and Sprite.

I'm tickled at being listed with this bunch of poets!
Lurker
0 likes
Congrats all! Some gorgeous poetry, and a wonderful opportunity to try something different for a good cause and heartfelt tribute.
0 likes
That's a fine list of poems right there. Except mine. I'm kind of not believing it. #wtf

Great work everyone, especially AvrgBlkGrl, Liz and Sprite! Love you three loads and loads and loads and loads.
Love Bug
0 likes
Congratulations to the top three, each of your poems left me speechless. I am so happy that so many people entered and that so many of the pieces were unique and incredibly well written! Thanks Nicola and the Moderating team for hosting the contest and for the charity donation.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Heartiest congratulations to AvrgBlkGrl, Liz and Sprite. Exceptional!!! I have read all of them except two which I am going to read now. I just can't believe my poem is listed in the top twelve. I am truly honoured for being able to share this wonderful honour with such amazing poets!!! I have never before seen such incredible amount of energy and enthusiasm in any of the competitions. Alan would have been so glad! Thank you Nicola and the judges for giving the opportunity and encouraging all of us to come up with such amazing poems. Once again congratulations to all of you. Bowing my head with respect for the amazing talent you all showcased.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by browncoffee
That's a fine list of poems right there. Except mine. I'm kind of not believing it. #wtf

Great work everyone, especially AvrgBlkGrl, Liz and Sprite! Love you three loads and loads and loads and loads.

Yours is gorgeous!

I knew you'd place. I hope you write more poetry?
Lurker
0 likes
I have no idea how the judges selected the very best from so many amazing poems! Congratulations to everyone!!!!!
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Hard choices, great contest. Congrats to the three winners, and all the runners up! What an outpouring of emotion.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm amazed! The standard of entries was so high, so to even make the Top 10 (especially with my first story posted to the site) has been incredibly exciting and a lovely surprise to come home from work to. Thank you to everyone that took the time to read, vote and comment my poem, and also thank you to all the judges for taking the time to look at it. I'm humbled x

P.S. Congrats to the Top 3 and to everyone else on the list too.
For lovers of blow jobs, either giving or receiving...
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/oral-sex/the-games-some-people-play.aspx
The Linebacker
0 likes
Congratulations to Avrgblkgrl, Liz, and Sprite for placing one, two and three in a very competitive competition. Those are outstanding poems.

Congratulations to the honorable mentions that rounded out the Top 10.
Southern Barefoot Angel
0 likes
Congratulations to the winners ..
Lurker
0 likes
I've seen people win and place in contests here even when they were brand new. People don't do well or badly here because of how long they've been around, but because of how they write.

To complain on the congratulations thread seems to me to be a particularly poor choice. "Congrats, I guess, since the thing was rigged anyway..."

This sort of thing happened a few contests ago and it definitely affected for the worse the rightful pleasure and joy that those who had done well felt in their accomplishment.

Let's not go that route again.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
I am honoured to have placed second amongst such poetic talent. Honestly, who could complain about being sandwiched between Avrgblkgrl and Sprite? It's kinda like being the creamy filling of an Oreo cookie...

Congratulations to those two lovely ladies and all of the runners-up. The turnout for this competition was excellent and the quality outstanding! I think Alan would have really enjoyed this one and I'm glad to see the prize money being donated to his favourite charity.

L x
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
wow. i did NOT envy the judges who had to select winners out of this bunch of outstanding entries. to the top three: avrgblkgrl, liz and sprite your poems ABSOLUTELY amazed me and were indeed worthy of distinction! to say i'm honored to be ranked among such an esteemed top ten is an understatement. thank you so SO much!

congratulations to anyone who was brave enough to enter! this contest took a lot of people out of their comfort zone, highlighted remarkable talent and showcased the wonderful spirit of competition on this site. i'm proud that this was my first competition and hope it won't be my last.

Say. Her. Name.

Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Alan would be so incredibly pleased with the participation seen in this contest. This was about honoring a true poet and a good man, and for me to see how many of us entered makes me smile. Congratulations to everyone who joined. To me, that is what mattered, the joy of creation and the beauty of the works.

This was for you, Alan.
Just a Girl in the World
0 likes
Congratulations to Avrgblkgrl, Liz, Sprite and each of the runners-up!!
0 likes
Quote by Milik_the_Red
Alan would be so incredibly pleased with the participation seen in this contest. This was about honoring a true poet and a good man, and for me to see how many of us entered makes me smile. Congratulations to everyone who joined. To me, that is what mattered, the joy of creation and the beauty of the works.

This was for you, Alan.

I agree with you babe, congratulations to everyone who joined, who put their heart out there for Alan. This shows how much he was loved by all that knew him and by those that didnt. Well done everyone!
Click below to see

Lurker
0 likes
Special congratulations to Reggie, Liz and Sprite, and congratulations to everyone who entered the competition. The quality of all the entries is a fitting tribute to Alan.

I am honoured to have been in the top ten, and even more so by the award of an Editor's Pick by Nicola. Most of all I am glad that I accepted Ping's challenge to write a sonnet about passion, not just because of the result, but because writing my poem unlocked my creative imagination in a new way.
0 likes
Glad I didn't have to judge this, but the winners are well chosen. Congrats to them and the runners-up and, indeed, to all who joined in this one.

Now I shall go bang my head against the wall because the muse finally hit ... yesterday . Yep, I wrote a poem that probably could have gone in this comp two weeks after the deadline.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Congratulations to Avrgblkgrl, Liz, Sprite, as well as the top 10 and really everyone that entered to honour Alan's spirit and love of poetry!