Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

What is your specific reason(s) for not visiting the Chat Rooms ?

last reply
65 replies
5.8k views
0 watchers
1 like
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
What is your specific reason(s) for not visiting the Chat Rooms ?

Comparing to the number of people who're members of lush, the count of people who visit the public chatrooms are very less.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
23 guys 2 girls. 2 girls getting slammed with guys wanting to talk to them.
Rainbow Warrior
1 like
I'm not here to cyber with guys, or even other girls, and if anyone wants to chat with me one-on-one, they can just send me an online message. Chatrooms are too confusing and distract my attention from other things I'd rather be doing here.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
They're not really my thing. I prefer to talk to people on a one-to-one basis instead of fielding multiple conversations. I find it distracting and think it's difficult to give any one individual my full attention. There is nothing worse than trying to talk to someone who is distracted - you just feel like you're bugging them.

I much prefer a black-box / private chat.
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
I thought that maybe I was the only one or maybe it was that "you just are not used to it" factor, but I prefer one on one as well. Black Boxing is fine or a private chat when BB becomes to tedious. I very rarely see many that I know and it is kind of awkward to jump into conversations with others when I haven't any real clues to who they are. Then there really is the factor that I don't do it enough to be as quick to respond as the others are. All that put together pretty much causes me to lose interest pretty fast.

I wish I could get into it more though. I have a naturally erratic sleep pattern. Around the time that I'm unable to sleep, the Chat Rooms are a lot more active than the general site. I'm interested in meeting new people as well. I don't want to pitch myself into a Lush box. I may give it more of a try.

Too, I am quite interested in that Mod of excellence--Trinity. She's a pretty good incentive.
? A True Story ?
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
0 likes
I actively avoided them when I first joined Lush for the same reasons listed here.

But as an avid people-watcher, I find them intriguing. Anyone working on a sociological or psychological dissertation would have a field day, but I digress.

I rarely enter a chat room without subsequently laughing my ass off at the antics. Seriously, people come up with the craziest shit. But there's also good conversation to be had if you know how to pick up on the right cues and keep it going.

I enjoy the chat rooms, but I do understand why people are apprehensive about them. If you can separate yourself from all the bullshit that will surely come your way (as with any online social setting), then there's really a good time to be had in the chat rooms.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Lurker
0 likes
It's like Elmer Fudd desperately seeking attention...all men who are sinking.
Lurker
0 likes
Not particularly interested really, in the same way I don't ever listen to "phone in" debates. There is too much ill thought out nonsense and personal grandstanding opportunities afforded by it, which tends to make the experience a waste of time. One on one is interesting, this just isn't.
Lurker
0 likes
How many times do I need to respond 'I'm fine thank you, and u?',.... plus most of the above.
Brown Sugar
0 likes
There is a different culture going on in the chat rooms. For me, the tone is trying (folks just looking for cyber). Occasionally, I'll run into some people looking to make genuine friendships. But more often than not, men/women are just looking for a dirty chat.

I get tired of the same old questions:

1. What are you wearing?
2. What do you look like?
3. What color is your underwear?
4. How do you like it?
5. What's your fantasy?
6. Wanna go private?

These questions direct me to the peace of a good story.

No offense to those looking for a cyber. People frequent the site for different reasons. But the chat rooms are not my favorite indulgence here.
Lurker
0 likes
When I first joined I frequented the chat rooms regularly. Met some good friends, and met some people I didn't care to much for lol
I rarely go in them anymore. I find them over whelming. As Wildweasel says, there seems to be many more men then women and I find myself bombarded (as I am sure other women do) and I just cannot keep up.
I have found that meeting people in the forums is fun, and occasionally a surprise from a random email too.
Having said all that, I do, from time to time, pop in to have some casual chat and banter.
Lurker
0 likes
Guess I'm just a stuck-up bastard, but it never interested me. I always assumed it was more for the younger users.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by avrgblkgrl

Too, I am quite interested in that Mod of excellence--Trinity. She's a pretty good incentive.

I've always got the feeling that everyone in the chat rooms is speaking in code except me. I tried a couple times. Could not even get a conversation gong.

That said, with Trin at the helm I may give it another shot. I may even say something wildly inappropriate so she'll scold me smile.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by canadian_milf

I have found that meeting people in the forums is fun, and occasionally a surprise from a random email too.

Plus this. Forums are at a slower, more considered pace. And the occasional random email is very nice smile.
Lurker
0 likes
The Lush chatrooms are great! I used to frequent them a lot when I first got here, and have forged extraordinary friendships with a few fine folks. Sure, there is an element of urgency when it comes to finding an anonymous dick or pussy to get you off, but if we're being honest about it, that's all part of the fun ;)

Over time though, the novelty and excitement of talking to someone new has eased off somewhat. That's probably the main reason I don't visit anymore. Like most, I prefer catching up with familiar faces on a one-to-one basis. But some days when I have a surplus or am in the mood to collect naughty pics, I'd enter Jayne's Picture Palace or another indie chatroom of a similar nature. It's just... some days aren't most days, these days!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not my scene - If I want to chat I PM the person and use email or the message system.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I like the nude pictures of pretty women, if they meet my standards of good taste. They go well with my morning cup of Joe. And a few friends show up at the same time and make fun of me. Things sometimes do go very fast though and it can be a challenge to keep up. I use the 'block' function on assholes. But once in a while, it is a very good time!
“It's nice sometimes to open up the heart a little and let some hurt come in. It proves you're still alive.”
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I guess not knowing what to do and then I would much rather talk to a single person male or female than try to keep up with a lot of people.
Υπηρέτης της Αφροδίτης
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier
I'm not here to cyber with guys, or even other girls, and if anyone wants to chat with me one-on-one, they can just send me an online message. Chatrooms are too confusing and distract my attention from other things I'd rather be doing here.

I have nothing to say, other than there are better ways of killing time, before times kills me.
In the world's harsh wear and tear many a very sincere attachment is slowly obliterated.

Είμαι ταξιδιώτης τόσο στο χρόνο όσο και στο διάστημα
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
I don't go in the chat rooms because...

there are people in there.
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've gone in a few times, but I have a good reason for avoiding them. The times that I've gone in, I've mostly sat back and laughed at the antics, it's like being in Times Square people watching. I prefer the forums, more interactive and I've met some great people through them.
0 likes
I tried popping a few times early on but I find it hard to get into. Nowadays, if I want live interaction, I generally just black box with a friend.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by LadyAnnWest
How many times do I need to respond 'I'm fine thank you, and u?',.... plus most of the above.

Truthfully, how many times do I need to CUT & PASTE 'I'm fine thank you, and u?'.' plus all of the above comments.
Devil's Advocate
0 likes
It's all a bit overwhelming for me. I don't seem to be able to break into a conversation, I don't know what to say, and it's all too hard to keep up. Much like a real life social gathering...only in my underpants.

I much rather a lazy browse of the forums and the odd PM to the few good friends I've made here.
My latest story is a racy little piece about what happens when someone cute from work invites you over to watch Netflix and Chill.
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Both the chat rooms and the the black chat boxes are riddled with bad interaction design in my mind, which can make their use quite annoying.

Chat rooms
- Reading back is a pain, especally when there's a lot of activity in the room, as every new message makes you jump back down.
- Once you opened the smiley gallery, the only way to close it is to choose one, even if there's none you like.
- Avatars and usernames don't stick together when posting images, which looks bad/chaotic.
- When you've whispered to someone and then select 'All', you get a message that you can't whisper to all (which is a good thing). But instead of showing that alert when you're trying to change the who and how (after which it automatically changes the addressee to the last in the list), it would make more sense to show that message when you actually try to send a message in a combination that's not allowed. Cause now you have to close the alert, then change the communication mode and then again change the addressee.

It would be great if there was a separate view where all message that are directed to you would appear.

Chat boxes/online message
- Reading back and chatting are two separate things. You can't respond from the chat history page and you can't go there from the chat boxes.
- The black boxes close right after responding, not allowing you to respond more than once to the same message.
- The boxes are crammed.
- The boxes popup in all Lush tabs you have open.

It would be great if the 'Online Message History' page was actually more like a private chat box.

Just my

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

The Linebacker
0 likes
I'm dyslexic so I type many mistakes that I have to proof, so anything like chat rooms and chat boxes are very cumbersome to me. Because of all that I've rarely done anything like chat and I don't keep up with the protocol. Another reason is time. The little spare time I have to invest here, I spend modding stories, reading, playing in The Forum and of course writing my own stories. I do like to exchange pm's or emails with friends. I can proof and correct those.
Lurker
0 likes
I don't understand a bloody word they're saying - all those coded messages! Plus, I'm too old, and some of the young guns in the chat rooms think it is disgusting that an old bod like me still likes flirtation and sex, although I only have sex with one person anyway, and very slowly because of my creaking joints - no acrobatics these days. I am more like a two shooter these days, and I like to park my gun in a nice warm and comfortable holster that fits it perfectly.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have met most of my good Lush friends in the chat rooms here. If you stay quietly in the crowd a while, you can soon decide who you do and do not want to liase with. Sadly, time no longer pemits for me - or I'd flirt, flirt then flirt some more.
Mazztastic
0 likes
I find them a bit overwhelming...
The times I have been in them, I find the conversation moves too quickly for me, there's too much going on and it's hard to have a conversation. I miss what people are saying to me and always feel ten steps behind what's going on... It's hard to have a proper chat!!

I don't really have much time just now to dive back in, although I know they're very popular with other lushies!