ONE NIGHT STANDS... good or bad?

last reply
86 replies
8.1k views
0 watchers
5 likes
Sexy Seductive Siren
0 likes
There seems to be at least categories of One Night Stands--- (1) Those that are unexpected; i.e., love at first sight with a total stranger and that love leads to a one-time romp in the sack and (2) those where one party or the other were expecting a return engagement that never happens for whatever reason. So here is my reply to this question---

In regards to (1). No. I've never had sex just for the sake of sex. I need an emotional attachment as well as a physical desire. Fucking just for the sake of fucking wouldn't do it for me. I need the whole package.
(2) I had a boyfriend (and I use that term reluctantly here) in college. We knew each other for over a year before we started dating and it was after a couple of months of dating that I finally slept with him. Mind you, I was young (19) and very naive at the time (having been raised in a small southern town and with very conservative values, especially when it came to sex). I thought we had something going on and I definitely wanted to share my body with him. However, after bedding me, I never went on another date with him. Not from the lack of trying, but he would have every excuse in the world. I learned that he was a trophy hunter. For him, it was the thrill of the chase and for lack of a better term, "the kill." After getting a reluctant girl into bed, he had achieved his goal of "conquest" and moved on. He was pretty suave and knew how to act and what to say around girls to get them to melt. I as extremely hurt emotionally and felt betrayed over this and it took me a while to get over it. To this date, he is the ONLY ex-boy friend that I've NOT kept in touch with and with whom I'm NOT still friends. It was a one-night stand, but not by my choice and one I still regret bitterly.
Meagan
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Good, when I was younger my experience was really good with older women, sometimes married, they were actually the best. Younger women that were drunk sometimes got a little dramatic. Hindsight being 20/20 I would have forgone some of the one night drunk fucks. Now I don't partake, I hate condoms and don't want to take any chances. Unless I'm drunk than the wrong head is doing all the thinking!!!
Lurker
0 likes
Obviously it's each to their own, but for me and my recently won freedom one-night-stands are my preferred choice of sexual encounter.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have been on many and they all provided what I need a the moment. Were they great absolutely not, but they were all fun. At least mostly.

Almost all of them I forgot the guys name before I got out of the place.

Some guys that I did not remember their name or never knew it, I later wished I had done it differently, since it was better than good.

I always believe the second or third time will be even better.
Sexy Seductive Siren
0 likes
Being the kind of girl who doesn't find sex meaningful without being in a long-term, committed relationship, I would say bad. I've only had one one-night stand in my life and it wasn't by my choice. Happened in college and was dating this guy steadily. I wasn't playing hard to get, but I have never just jumped into bed with a guy. After nine weeks or so of almost daily dating, I finally slept with him. After that, didn't see him or hear from him again. Discovered he was a trophy hunter. For him, it was all about the chase. He loved resistant girls and liked the challenge of conquering them or seducing them to surrender. Once he achieved his goal, moved on to his next victim. I was hurt for a long, long time. He is the only boyfriend I ever had that I haven't kept in contact with or have remained good friends with.
Meagan
0 likes
Good by me, have filled the need and desire when it's happened.

My worth !
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've had both good and bad, but I would say, more were good, and some, were great ! Definitely filled the need, st the time!
Whistling on my journey
0 likes
As most of us in Lush we had our share of the Good Bad and the Ugly... But we are sexual animals and will always be on the :"hunt"

My latest love poem has landed

Lover Moon

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-poems/lover-moon.

Lurker
0 likes
I prefer getting to know one first before jumping into bed with him. Bad!
Troublemaker
0 likes
Mostly good, one or two bad ones.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Standing all night can be hard on the feet.
Lurker
0 likes
Mostly good
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have been doing a lot of one night stands since my divorce just to satisfy my lustful cravings and for the most part they have done the trick.
Lurker
0 likes
Good in my mind
Lurker
0 likes
I say good
Lurker
0 likes
Good ,sometimes a girl just needs getting fucked without the commitment of a relationship
0 likes
Had two one night stands when I was younger, learned quick it wasn’t for me
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I would have to say they do have their place at times.
Active Ink Slinger
3 likes

I love them. It's fun having sex with new people and exploring each other and everything is a surprise then. It's never boring.

Active Ink Slinger
1 like

As I've moved into my late 20s, I do it less and less. I prefer a FWB situation.

0 likes

Never been my thing. No judgement but if I give you my brain and body I want you to stick around for a bit.

0 likes

Quote by thesexynun

Never been my thing. No judgement but if I give you my brain and body I want you to stick around for a bit.

That shouldn’t be a problem for you getting someone to stick around. Personally I find one night stands delightful…