Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

A Look at Maturity - Part 1

"Greg and Paula discover life after seventy"

10
1 Comment 1
2.1k Views 2.1k
3.7k words 3.7k words

Greg has been going through a rough time, especially since his wife Diane left. Greg and Diane married five years after high school, and he had completed his three years in the Army. Life was rough right from the start, Diane was in and out of psychiatric hospitals even before they married. Greg found out that Diane had been sexually abused by her father. He thought that his love for Diane would help them overcome the trauma.

When Diane was first out of the hospital she slept constantly because of the medications. When the meds were finally reduced, she became more productive, and the house started to look like a home. Curtains went up, furniture was placed to appeal to the eye.

Even with Diane’s meds being decreased the one part of their marriage did not change that was the sex. Diane hated and would rather throw up than give Greg a blow job, even the taste of his precum made her gag. She was not crazy about Greg eating her pussy either, but it was better than giving him a blow job. Intercourse was either missionary, doggy, or maybe cowgirl, nothing else was acceptable and he better damn well make it quick.

With all these restrictions it is a wonder that Diane became pregnant three times. The first time she was pregnant they had a beautiful daughter, Gretchen, the next two pregnancies ended in miscarriages. Diane could not seem to get pregnant again. Then she had her hysterectomy and things changed again. Now Diane slept in another room away from Greg, she did not want to be touched.

Greg did not like the new arrangement, but his sense of his vows kept him from looking elsewhere. He loved Diane and felt it was his duty to remain by her side.

Diane liked the new arrangement and took advantage of Greg’s sense of responsibility. She loved Greg’s caring for her, providing her with a nice home, and being good for her life. Her duties were taking care of the house, cooking meals, going to church, and supporting Greg at his social functions. But the best part for Diane was she no longer had to perform those wifely duties of having sex with her husband. But he better damn well keep his dick in his pants and not be out cheating.

Diane met Christine online and they became friends. Christine did not live close to her and Greg. She was more than halfway across the country, but that did not matter, they enjoyed each other’s company online.

Besides Diane’s diagnosis of Bi-Polar, she was now diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease. This brought an end to Diane’s driving after almost causing two accidents during one twenty-four-hour period. Greg now had to pick up the duties as Diane’s chauffeur and the shopping. Greg did not mind shopping, it got him out of the house and away from Diane and her criticism of him and their life. When the pandemic hit life started to go to hell in a handbasket rather quickly.

One day, while Greg was chauffeuring Gretchen around since she did not drive, Diane wrote to Christine and was bitching about Greg and how he was no longer paying attention to her. Christine took that to mean that Greg was abusing her. She advised Diane that she needed to leave before Greg became violent. Call the police, she said. Leave, get out of there, she advised. He will only get worse, she pressed on.

Diane read this and started to believe that Greg would become more and more violent. Little things would irritate Diane and she would provoke an angry comment or cause Greg to throw up his hands, walk out and slam the door.

Christine would take these incidents and convince Diane that Greg was a violent man, and he should be locked up for his abusive language and actions.

In the middle of spring, while Greg was out, Diane decided that she wanted to move because she could not live with him any longer. When he walked in the door would be the best time to spring her decision on him and whatever he said, she would badger him with the lies she was being fed from Christine.

Greg realized that he was not going to win this argument, backed off, and told Diane that if that was what she wanted then that is what she would get. He looked at several retirement communities that he thought they could afford for her. Diane had other ideas, every time Greg mentioned one it was no, she did not like that one or that other one. Greg finally got tired of the whole mess and told Diane this is how much we can afford and find a place of her own.

Within a week Diane found her new home and signed the rental agreement and she was to move out by the end of the month. One evening while Greg was in his bedroom, Diane came in, being all lovey-dovey. Greg asked her, “Is this what you want?”

“Yes, I cannot live with you any longer,” she told him.

Greg looked Diane directly in the eye and asked her, “What is it that makes it that you cannot live here with me any longer?”

Her words became hard with a defiant look, and she spat, “Because you are an abusive son-of-a-bitch, that’s why.”

“That’s why you came in here all lovey-dovey and telling me how much you love me and will miss me? That does not make any sense Diane, it makes no sense at all. I will tell you right now that if you continue with this move, do not EVER think about moving back, because it will never happen,” he said with finality.

Turning on her heel she left the room and spat, “Fine if that’s how you feel.”

Knowing how this could escalate ever higher, Greg sat down on the bed and tried to find where it all went wrong. Was it her mental illness or Parkinson’s? No, he realized that it went back much further than that, it started when she had the miscarriages and the hysterectomy. Little by little she became more and more distant. First sleeping in separate rooms, the lack of touch, and the bad moods, especially after she started to email Christine.

Greg decided that he needed to know where these thoughts were coming from. He went to their joint email account and found many emails from someone named Christine that Diane had placed in a separate folder thinking Greg would never find them. Greg was shocked at the venom that this woman had for him. She had never met Greg or Diane, she had only meet Diane online, and she was giving her advice to call the cops and to get out of there before he turned violent.

Diane moved, and their relationship did not improve much during the several months before Greg filed for divorce. Because of Diane’s medical condition, it was decided, during mediation, that he would change his position to separation, but she had to give up much of what she was demanding.

Now Greg was free, except he could not marry. That was alright, he was seventy-three, and who needs to get married again anyway. He went online and found a couple of senior dating sites. Dating sites are tricky he found, from site to site it was hard to find someone close to where he lived and in the correct age group, he knew he would not date someone close to his daughter’s age. He found that when he tried to contact a potential dating partner, he would not get a response, but if he waited, someone would contact him.

One night his tablet pinged letting him know that there was a notification from one of the dating sites that he had a message. Clicking on the notification, he found he had a message from a lady a year older. But hey when you are in your seventies what difference does a year or two make.

Opening the message, he found a widow looking for a friend to chat with. Since he was not having any prospects on his own, he sent back a reply. Shortly there was another message.

Hey, Greg, nice to meet you. I saw your picture and wondered if you would like to chat for a while?” signed Paula.

Looking over her profile he figured that he needed to take a chance. “Hey Paula, thank you for looking at my profile, I hope that you liked what you saw. I certainly liked your profile and I hope we can get to know each other.”

We continued chatting to get to know each other about our jobs over the years. How many children and grandchildren? After chatting for several weeks Greg and Paula decided to meet for lunch. Greg arrived a few minutes early and Paula was a few minutes late. Over the years, Greg learned patience when waiting for his wife or a client. Not everyone had his sense of being on time. They choose to go to lunch shortly after the noon rush, finding a table that looked as if they could have a bit of privacy, they settled in.

Upon sitting down the waitress asked if they wanted something to drink and both ordered Iced Tea. Paula ordered a fish and chips platter and Greg the chef’s salad for lunch.

While waiting they began to learn more about each other. They talked about which schools they went to. Paula had been a teacher before she retired as was her late husband. After retirement, they build a nice getaway home in Mexico where they spent about six months out of the year. Her husband had passed away a couple of years ago, and she had survived a bout of colon cancer.

Greg told her about his stint in the army, his career as a Carpenter, and after nine-eleven how he worked as a medical claims specialist and then as an insurance broker. As they talked, he was evaluating Paula and she was looking at him.

Paula was 5”3”, she was slim about 115 pounds, with silver-grey hair, and brown eyes. She wore a floral button-up blouse, tailored pants, and a pair of comfortable flats. Nothing flashy but dressed to be noticed.

Greg stood 5’6”, his body was toned showing he kept himself in shape, his hair was salt and pepper, that set off his blue eyes, he wore a light-yellow dress shirt open at the neck, dark dress slacks, and dress shoes.

Soon their lunches arrived and as they ate each continued to look and evaluate the other. The restaurant was not overly busy, so they continued to sit and talk for three hours. After which they made a dinner date for Friday evening. Greg would pick up Paula at 7:00.

mariann_love
Online Now!
Lush Cams
mariann_love

Arriving at 7:00, Greg rang the bell and waited for Paula. When she opened the door Greg was stunned. Inviting Greg in they gave each other a complete look over. Paula was wearing a black dress that showed Greg as a beautifully shaped woman. Her hair was rolled in a crescent-shaped bun, the bodice of the dress dipped down to just above her cleavage and accentuated her small breasts. The skirt ended just above the knee and her legs were encased in black nylons with two-inch pumps. He was dressed in a dark grey business suit, with a pink shirt and matching tie, with highly polished shoes.

“I hope you have your dancing shoes on?” he said.

“Oh, I do, I hope that you like to dance.”

Hand in hand they walked to the car and Greg opened the door for her. She sat slightly facing him with her knees together. Being a consciences driver, he kept both hands on the wheel and only glanced at Paula out of the corner of his eye. In his mind she was stunning, hair just right, nicely made-up, and her fingernails painted a matching red with her lipstick.

Dinner was an extension of their lunch, children, jobs, and marriages. Paula and Greg talked, laughed, and were amazed at the many things they had in common. After dinner, they retired to the lounge and danced every slow dance. Paula told him that she was past the bump and grind type of dancing and enjoyed feeling held. After a few hours, they left hand in hand for the drive to her house.

Greg walked her to the front door, holding her hands he thanked her for a wonderful evening and hoped she had as much fun as he had. Giving her a gentle kiss, he left with a spring in his step as she slowly closed the door.

Greg was surprised about mid-morning when he saw the number on his phone.

“Good morning, Paula,” said Greg cheerfully.

“Good morning, Greg, I just wanted to tell you what a wonderful time I had last night. I was delighted that you were such a superb dancer,” her voice was crisp and clear.

“Thank you, I am glad that you enjoyed the evening, I hope that we can do so again.”

“That is why I am calling. I am having a small dinner party this evening and I have no one to be by my side. I was wondering if you would like to join me as my date”

“Certainly, what time would you like me to arrive?”

“The first guests will be arriving about seven, why don’t you arrive about six-fifteen?”

“OK, what is the dress for this little dinner party?”

“Casual, slacks and shirt, no tie.”

“It sounds like it will be a fun party and I look forward to meeting your friends.”

After ending the call, Greg went to the garage and pulled out the lawnmower, and worked in the yard the rest of the day. About four-thirty he put everything away, took a shower, and dressed for the evening.

Arriving at the appointed time, he was greeted by Paula, dressed in dark slacks, a pastel blouse, and wearing flats. Closing the door, she took his hand and pulled herself closer. Looking into his eyes placed her hand on his shoulder and pulled him down for a kiss. Her kiss was not as gentle as the night before, there was a desire on her lips.

Pulling away she pulled Greg into the kitchen and said, “You can help me by setting these out on the coffee table.”

Taking the trays to the living room, he set them on the table, and as he started to turn the doorbell rang and Paula called and asked him to answer the door. As he opened the door, the couple standing there were surprised to see a man opening the door.

Quickly recovering the couple outside said, “Hello, we hope that we are not too early?”

“No, not at all, come on in, Paula is in the kitchen finishing up,” Greg told them.

Upon entering Greg introduced himself to Jim and Karen and he shook the hands of Paula’s guests. Jim was tall, about 6’2”, and a slim 190 pounds. Karen was also tall, 5’7’ and a slender 120 pounds. She was dressed in a lite summer dress, and it showed off her figure. As the introductions were completed, Paula came around the corner and greeted Jim and Karen.

“Oh good, you have met Greg,” she said with a smile. “Greg is my date for this evening, and I wanted to introduce him to some of my friends.”

Greg asked if anyone would like a drink? Jim asked for a beer and Karen requested a white wine. As Greg prepared the wine and gave it to Karen, Paula grabbed her hand and said, “Come into the kitchen and help me finish up.”

Jim looked at Greg and shook his head, “I never thought that Paula would ever meet a man that met her standards. I can see that she is floating ‘on air’. You must be something for her to act like this.”

Greg gave Jim a quizzical look and said “Paula is a beautiful woman and I have been enjoying her company. She is a delight to be with.”

Jim placed his hand on his shoulder, smiled, and congratulated him on bringing Paula back to life. After the death of her husband, Paula had closed herself off to everyone and she was just recently begun to open up again.

“Now tell me how you two met?” asked Jim just as the doorbell rang again. Holding up his hand he said, “Let me get that.”

Jim went to the door and greeted the new arrivals and ushered them into the living room where Greg was standing. The couple stopped and with mouths open stared at Greg as if he had two heads.

Jim introduced Greg to Steve and Michelle. Paula and Karen came out of the kitchen to greet the arrivals and shared kisses with Steve and Michelle.

Paula stepped over and took Greg’s hand and cheerfully said “Well, I see that everyone has met my date, Greg. Greg these lovely people have been my closest friends for many years, and I wanted you to meet them.”

Steve looked beside himself and looking at Paula asked, “Paula, I am a bit surprised. You met a man and now you are introducing him as your date. Paula, do you realize that he is a white man, and you are black?”

“Steven, yes, I can see that he is white, but why should that make a difference? All of us have talked over the years about the racial issue and now I am going to make it known that I am a free and independent-minded woman.”

Greg stood by Paula and looked at her with new eyes. Looking at Paula with a surprised look on his face he said with a mock question in his voice, “You mean to tell me that you are black?”

Everyone looked at Greg and realizing the comedy in his voice and actions, started to laugh.

Paula looked at her friends and said, “Why is everyone so surprised that I would choose to date a man who is white? I am finding him to be a good man and friend. He is kind and I like his company. With that, she asked Karen and Michelle to join her in the kitchen.

 Greg asked Steve what he would like to drink. Handing him a beer the three men sat down in the living room to get to know each other. Talk of their occupation and experiences dominated the conversation. Steve and Greg had both been in the Army at about the same time.  While Greg was in Germany Steve was in Korea. Jim had served in the Marine Corps and he got a good ribbing from Steve and Greg. The one thing that Greg had found over the years, was that if you had served, regardless of branch, you could find common ground.

---O---

As the men were getting to know one another, the women were in the kitchen finishing and placing dinner on the table.

“Paula, where did you meet Greg?” asked Michelle.

Karen looked at Michelle and said, “I have been trying to get Paula to tell me for the past half hour.”

Smiling, Paula quietly said, “On a dating site for seniors.”

“No,” Michelle and Karen said in unison.

Paula picked up a bowl of vegetables and carried it to the table, placing it near the roast she had prepared for dinner. With a glance over her shoulder, she told them about meeting Greg online and they got to know one another before even meeting each other in person.

With everything on the table, Paula called the men to come to the table.

The table is round there was no need for a person at the head of the table. The conversation was easy, Paula was thrilled that Greg seemed to fit in with her friends and they accepted him without question.

After dinner, they adjourned to the living room for more conversation and a couple of drinks. Paula put on some soft music and like old friends, they enjoyed the time together.

About eleven Jim, Karen, Steve, and Michelle took their leave, and Greg and Paula retired to the kitchen to finish cleaning up. Finally, the dishes were in the dishwasher and leftovers in the refrigerator, Paula took Greg’s hand and led him back to the living room. Where they sat on the couch and talked about her friends.

Greg took her hand in his and told her how much this evening meant to him and thanked her for introducing him to her friends. “I am really surprised that you never told them that I was not black?”

“Greg, I knew if they were going to accept you, they would accept you as you are, not with any preconceived idea they would form beforehand,” she told him confidentially.

“It has been a lovely evening with you and your friends, not to mention what a wonderful dinner you prepared. I think it is time for me to go home, again thank you for a great experience,” he said.

“Yes, it is getting very late. I enjoyed your company, and I am glad that you liked my friends. When can we get together again?” she questioned.

“I have a couple of appointments at the beginning of the week, how about lunch on Wednesday?” he suggested.

“Why don't you come over here for lunch?”

“I think I will take you up on that.”

With that, they walked to the door and putting his arm around Paula he gave her a kiss that they both wanted. Releasing her he quickly said good night and walked to his car. Looking forward to see her again on Wednesday.

Published 
Written by Nowready
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your erotic stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments