Anyone need help?

last reply
32 replies
5.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
The two people I usually edit for have gone quiet on me. If there's anybody out there that needs help getting a story published, give me shout. I have some time on my hands and will be happy to help.

Tabs X X X
0 likes
That's so kind of you! I don't need an editor but I think you're wonderful.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by browncoffee
That's so kind of you! I don't need an editor but I think you're wonderful.

Thanks.

It's nothing really. I just like helping out when I get spare time. It keep me out of trouble. Lol.

Adagio dropped me line, wants me to do some editing for him later.
Love Bug
0 likes
What a sweet offer. I think this is what makes lush work.
Snake Charmera
0 likes
I think this is absolutely wonderful. I don't need an editor atm but this ha very sweet. You're wonderful.

My Anti-Valentine Entry 💔

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/cheating/a-valentines-date-to-remember

My first EP and a top ten from the Pride Competition
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/lesbian/-love-is-love-.aspx

Hanging in the background but around

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm having problems with getting different requirements from different mods.

Brandie
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by NOLAHotGal

Brandie

Somebody told me once that some guys on the mod team are more lenient than others when it comes to story rules. Especially those stories.

Send me PM and I'll take a look, see if I can help.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by NOLAHotGal

Brandie

We try to keep things as consistent as possible.

If you give us an example of conflicting information with regards to story requirements I can advise accordingly.
Lurker
0 likes
Thanks for helping me with my last story Tabs. I might have something else written in next couple days.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Liz

If you give us an example of conflicting information with regards to story requirements I can advise accordingly.

for $20 i'll pass anything.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Gentleman Stranger
0 likes
Quote by sprite

That explains why business has dried up. I was getting $30 til you showed up.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Liz

Here is a question I asked a mod about my story. I will give you her answer in a following post. I asked about capital,living inside quotes.

I'm still going over my story. I do have a couple questions. How does LS treat two didgt numbers that represent some ones age? Fourth five or 45? Also the first word inside the opening quote mark, is it always capitalized? Or can it be lower case if not other wise required to be capitalized?

The next paragraph is the mod's answer, which aggression with the way I learned it in HS and college. The part of the answer I'm referring to is the third sentence. Especially the part that reads , "we stayed with my sister." My last story was returned partially for capitalization. The mod did not give specifics. But when I reread my story, the only capitalization I could figure out the mod was referring to would be the first word in quotes that sppears in the middle of the sentence. I have seen that some believe the first word in opening quotes is ALWAYS capitalized.

The answer I got on 17 May 17

Two digit numbers are written out, eighteen, instead of 18. When it is the beginning of a sentence, for example. "When I was in Dallas we stayed with my sister." it is capitalized. If it is a two part sentence, "When I was in Dallas," she said, "we stayed with my sister." the first word in the second quote doesn't have to be capitalized. Two complete sentences interrupted by a said clause should both be capitalized. "I am going to Dallas," she said. "We're going to be staying with my sister.

I wrote my last story based on what was needed to post my first one. It is very time consuming for me to make the changes as there are an abundance of quotes. The confusion and lack of a standard is making it "not worth it" to try to meet Lush's requirements when I get different standards from different mods. I have never had a problem with the other sites I post on.

Brandie
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by NOLAHotGal

How does LS treat two didgt numbers that represent some ones age? Fourth five or 45?

It's always best to write a person's age in letters rather than digits.

Also, on the subject of age, it's a common misconception that ages should always be hyphenated. Which is not the case.

When using the age as a noun, you should hyphenate.

Example of an age as a noun:

That forty-five-year-old is a great shag.

When the age is used as an adjective, you should hyphenate.

Example of an age as an adjective:

That forty-five-year-old woman has great tits for her age.

However, when the age is used as a phrase at the end of a clause, you do not hyphenate.

Example of an age as a phrase:

She is forty-five years old.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by NOLAHotGal

When it is the beginning of a sentence, for example. "When I was in Dallas we stayed with my sister." it is capitalized. If it is a two part sentence, "When I was in Dallas," she said, "we stayed with my sister." the first word in the second quote doesn't have to be capitalized. Two complete sentences interrupted by a said clause should both be capitalized. "I am going to Dallas," she said. "We're going to be staying with my sister.

The part I've highlighted in green is perfectly acceptable. There shouldn't be problem with that. In that case the speech is all one sentence. Therefore the second part doesn't need capitalising.
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
You are brilliant to offer help, Tabby, as writers here often need a bit of extra support before submitting their stories. Very kind!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
HELP PLEASE

I am looking for someone who can help me edit and proof my writing. I have deslixa and was very slow to learn in school if your not aware deslixa is a learning disorder the best way I have to describe it is a lack of being able to transfer rules of grammar spelling or even mathematical appropriately I also have trouble with being able to uses verb tenses correctly or consistently. This is what I see as my main problem but of course grammar spelling and punctuation is also something that I require help with.

I have been told that I have a gift for writing but I've found that publishing my work is horribly stressful and filled with so much frustrating that I am finding it more and more difficult to submit my work. I need a buffer someone who can help me decide which tense to work with to point out when I shift offer advice as to changes to help with the flow of the story character development, and most of all punctuation so that the story reads the way it should.

I would be willing to give credit of course. If your interested I can seen some of my work to take a look at.

xxx's Cherry
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't think I need help, but the comment by NOLAHotGal reminded me of a problem I often have with mods. They seem to want commas where I don't think commas belong, and often remove them where I specifically wanted one. They have actually changed the meaning of a sentence by doing that. It annoys me. But going back to make changes has never made me want to stop writing or publishing here. And one more big gripe. I truly understand the age restriction that LS insists on, but I also have been the victim of what I consider stringent restraints. In a story I submitted long ago, and never resubmitted, I had a fourteen-year-old standing at the urinal with an unexpected erection and having a difficult time getting a stream going. This was crucial to the story, but the mod said it was sexual, and I was penalized. Does anyone agree with me?
Lurker
0 likes
It's Nicola's site and one must abide by her rules. Fourteen is not approiate for an erotic site. Sorry.
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
Adagio is correct, as usual. The age restriction is not a matter of personal preference on Nic's part, but a healthy regard for the law concerning 'age of consent'.

IMO, we're luckyLush is based in a country with a minimum age of sixteen. If it were located in the USA, the age limit would have to be eighteen.

If a mod's decision about grammar or punctuation bugs you, send Nic a PM.

RUMPLATIONS: AwesomeHonky Tonk and Cyber Bar
Home of the Lush "IN" crowd: indecent, intoxicated, and insolvent
a place to gossip, share news, talk sports, pimp a story, piss & moan, or just grab a drink. Check it out.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. -- ROBERT HEINLEIN
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
As for punctuation, most of us use Grammarly for some sort of cohesion, so it's really worthwhile downloading (especially since it's free!)

I find in my own writing that I'm popping in unnecessary commas or leaving out essential ones!
Empress of the Moon
0 likes
Quote by sprite

I can do it for ten.
[url]http://[/url]
Empress of the Moon
0 likes
Quote by curvygalore
As for punctuation, most of us use Grammarly for some sort of cohesion, so it's really worthwhile downloading (especially since it's free!)

I find in my own writing that I'm popping in unnecessary commas or leaving out essential ones!

I tend toward misspelling on the first draft. Then I look over it, and check the spelling first, then the punctuation, then for misused words. Then I rewrite the entire story a dozen times and end up just deleting it. But, Grammarly is great for writers. Who has a link?
Empress of the Moon
0 likes
Quote by spinneroftales
I don't think I need help, but the comment by NOLAHotGal reminded me of a problem I often have with mods. They seem to want commas where I don't think commas belong, and often remove them where I specifically wanted one. They have actually changed the meaning of a sentence by doing that. It annoys me. But going back to make changes has never made me want to stop writing or publishing here. And one more big gripe. I truly understand the age restriction that LS insists on, but I also have been the victim of what I consider stringent restraints. In a story I submitted long ago, and never resubmitted, I had a fourteen-year-old standing at the urinal with an unexpected erection and having a difficult time getting a stream going. This was crucial to the story, but the mod said it was sexual, and I was penalized. Does anyone agree with me?

No person under the age of sixteen is to be portrayed in any sexual manner of Lush. A fourteen year old with an erection? What were you thinking? I tend to correct punctuation in otherwise good stories as I go. I don't use Grammarly. I can usually tell when a comma is in the right or wrong place. We are all human and we all make mistakes. I can't even begin to think how a fourteen year old boy with an erection would be permissible on Lush. I can't imagine how that would be essential to a story on Lush.
Lurker
0 likes
Sorry I've been away for so long. RL getting in the way again. Lol.

I've a;ready had two requests for editing. I could probably find time for one more for the time being.

Feel free to drop me a line.
Lurker
0 likes
I don't know if it's the right place to ask, but I am looking for a good editor smile I'd like to improve the quality of my works :) (i really hope it's the right place XD)
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I would also need some help editing. This is a very strict site and I don't want to waste Mods time to return 10 times... biggrin English is not my native language but I love to write and I want to keep submitting my stories smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
why wont it let me post pics in the forum
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Hello. My story needs some help. Can I ask anybody?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My stories are generally accepted without objection by the site. I am working on Chapter 6 of Alphia Corporation, my loving wives/cuckold novel and I need some help finishing it up.

Please take a look at my post work so far. If it trips your trigger, lemme know and I will shoot you over my draft chapter 6. It really is close to final draft quality but I need another set of eyes on it.

Thanks!
- hogwash