Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

What is the next big thing you want to accomplish?

last reply
78 replies
4.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Butterfly
0 likes
Tell us about your ambitions, what is the next big thing you want to accomplish?

Ok, me first smile

I've an ambition to gather all my childhood friends at one place :)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Oli_
Tell us about your ambitions, what is the next big thing you want to accomplish?

Ok, me first smile

I've an ambition to gather all my childhood friends at one place :)

That's an adorable ambition.

Normally, I'd be thinking about NanoWriMo, but I'm skipping it this year.

I've been an office mommy at my day job for a long time now. Maybe it's time to get serious about project management.

"The Punished Nonpartisan" <- Extreme BDSM and humiliation story. Heavy on plot. Served on a plate of political drama with a side of domestic terror. Currently Free download.

Jocelyn the Wicked <- futanari, fantasy fan fic, and some tentacles that escaped the laboratory

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by wicked_jocelyn

I've been an office mommy at my day job for a long time now. Maybe it's time to get serious about project management.

Is that a PMP certification or a job change?

As for me, I've been thinking of starting a blog. Maybe it's time to plan out what I actually would want to post there.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Anatomy

Is that a PMP certification or a job change?

Might be both, but my company is fairly large so I could stay with it if I liked. I've been repeatedly admonished by managers and all that it's a job I'd excel at. I had plans to look more into PMP this year, but then Corona happened.

As for me, I've been thinking of starting a blog. Maybe it's time to plan out what I actually would want to post there.

What kind of blog?

"The Punished Nonpartisan" <- Extreme BDSM and humiliation story. Heavy on plot. Served on a plate of political drama with a side of domestic terror. Currently Free download.

Jocelyn the Wicked <- futanari, fantasy fan fic, and some tentacles that escaped the laboratory

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by wicked_jocelyn

What kind of blog?

That IS the question. smile Some kind of writing blog; the kind that I write and no one reads. ;)

But seriously, thoughts, story ideas. Maybe actually stories. I haven't really decided. I've stumbled on a practice of devising story ideas almost daily, mostly as a tool to keep writer's block at bay. Sometimes sexy, sometimes serious or dark, and even sometimes gonzo and silly.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Anatomy

That IS the question. smile Some kind of writing blog; the kind that I write and no one reads. ;)

But seriously, thoughts, story ideas. Maybe actually stories. I haven't really decided. I've stumbled on a practice of devising story ideas almost daily, mostly as a tool to keep writer's block at bay. Sometimes sexy, sometimes serious or dark, and even sometimes gonzo and silly.

I've been publishing on sites for a couple of years now, but I hope to write some actual series, not just stand-alone stories. I'm trying my first one now, on another site. I've had groups of stories that are related (same characters appear, for example) but never a series with a true plot. I have ideas for maybe five or six, and it would take me a long time to do them all. I'm in no hurry, however.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Write and publish a novel. I start Jan 2nd, 2021.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by LakeShoreLimited

I've been publishing on sites for a couple of years now, but I hope to write some actual series, not just stand-alone stories. I'm trying my first one now, on another site. I've had groups of stories that are related (same characters appear, for example) but never a series with a true plot. I have ideas for maybe five or six, and it would take me a long time to do them all. I'm in no hurry, however.

That's great! Series can be tough. Last year I co-wrote a novel with an unpublishably high word count. I might consider that being something to post on the future blog, but only if i can figure out how to make it a more palatable length.

For me, I've found cowriting to be really helpful for accountability and brainstorming plot ideas and pushing through writing blocks. Solo writing is still a struggle and I'm much slower.
Sexy Seductive Siren
0 likes
I guess this question has many dimensions...

Personal - Be the best mom I can be to my three-month-old daughter. My husband and I would like to have another child too, so that is in the future I think.

Career-wise - Not a short-term or even medium-term goal, but a long-term goal, become a judge. I'm beginning to think I'd rather be a judge rather than a partner.

Lush - get at least one story/month written and approved. So far my writing has been sporatic. Near-term goal in Lush? Earn a "Author 50" badge. Medium-Term goal? Earn a "Prolific Writer" badge. Long-term goal? Write a competition story that earns a "Competition Top 10" badge. I've got a long ways to go for that last one!
Meagan
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Win the lottery!!!!
Υπηρέτης της Αφροδίτης
0 likes
Fuck all, really.
In the world's harsh wear and tear many a very sincere attachment is slowly obliterated.

Είμαι ταξιδιώτης τόσο στο χρόνο όσο και στο διάστημα
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Anatomy

That's great! Series can be tough. Last year I co-wrote a novel with an unpublishably high word count. I might consider that being something to post on the future blog, but only if i can figure out how to make it a more palatable length.

For me, I've found cowriting to be really helpful for accountability and brainstorming plot ideas and pushing through writing blocks. Solo writing is still a struggle and I'm much slower.

Thank you. Except for maybe one of them, I foresee these as being only ten or twelve chapters long.

How long is "an unpublishably high word count?" Infinite Jest length? On another site, somebody has thirty-six chapters and 340,000 words. It took her three years. Another guy claims to have forty-one chapters and 800,000 words. He did it in only two years.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by LakeShoreLimited

Thank you. Except for maybe one of them, I foresee these as being only ten or twelve chapters long.

How long is "an unpublishably high word count?" Infinite Jest length? On another site, somebody has thirty-six chapters and 340,000 words. It took her three years. Another guy claims to have forty-one chapters and 800,000 words. He did it in only two years.

An unpublishably high word count in this case is nine hundred eighty-thousand words, or 1.75 War and Peace. It was co-written late January 2019 to mid January 2020.

It's a romance scifi drama with erotic elements and deep characterization of the 2 protagonists.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
To finish writing the last story in the Sapphic Tales trilogy: Sisters of the Moon.
Resident Otaku
0 likes
Quote by Anatomy

An unpublishably high word count in this case is nine hundred eighty-thousand words, or 1.75 War and Peace. It was co-written late January 2019 to mid January 2020.

It's a romance scifi drama with erotic elements and deep characterization of the 2 protagonists.

I need to do a word count on my huge story. A fair amount is in rough draft so it will likely increase. I think the best option is to split it up over several books.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by Anatomy

You wrote 980,000 words IN A YEAR!? That's like 10 books!

How do you do it? I can barely write 1000 words in a day on my best days.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Verbal

You wrote 980,000 words IN A YEAR!? That's like 10 books!

How do you do it? I can barely write 1000 words in a day on my best days.

This is fast creeping out of Oli's thread, so I'll answer, but don't want to say too much more about my nontopical writing. smile

This is more "What was the last big thing I accomplished."

But how did I do it? Obsession.

There are also some caveats. My contribution was about half (490k), co-writer writing the other half of the word count. We write on google docs live, as in I write a paragraph or 3, and then she writes a paragraph or three. Live writing takes some getting used to because the other person is seeing every word you type. You can backspace, but they see that too. Anyway, it's what I would call a draft manuscript. It's not polished and edited which is part of the reason that it's unpublishable. There's lots of repetition that I think would have to be pulled out, but when you're writing so much and just going going going, you don't have time to clear out cruft scenes or change synonyms or phrasing on everything.

I suspect that I will never again write at that volume in a year ever again. We are writing a sequel and are averaging about 30-50k per month now. That prior pace wasn't maintainable, but it was fun while it lasted.

For what it's worth, I just tried my hand at solo writing for the Time Travel competition. It took me weeks to get that 5000 words, and I ended up missing the deadline by 2 hours, so, it will be on the site soon, but not in the competition. Solo writing is much harder for me for whatever reason.

If you are up for it, find someone with compatible tastes and writing skills, and give cowriting a try. :)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Anatomy

This is fast creeping out of Oli's thread, so I'll answer, but don't want to say too much more about my nontopical writing. smile

This is more "What was the last big thing I accomplished."

But how did I do it? Obsession.

There are also some caveats. My contribution was about half (490k), co-writer writing the other half of the word count. We write on google docs live, as in I write a paragraph or 3, and then she writes a paragraph or three. Live writing takes some getting used to because the other person is seeing every word you type. You can backspace, but they see that too. Anyway, it's what I would call a draft manuscript. It's not polished and edited which is part of the reason that it's unpublishable. There's lots of repetition that I think would have to be pulled out, but when you're writing so much and just going going going, you don't have time to clear out cruft scenes or change synonyms or phrasing on everything.

I suspect that I will never again write at that volume in a year ever again. We are writing a sequel and are averaging about 30-50k per month now. That prior pace wasn't maintainable, but it was fun while it lasted.

For what it's worth, I just tried my hand at solo writing for the Time Travel competition. It took me weeks to get that 5000 words, and I ended up missing the deadline by 2 hours, so, it will be on the site soon, but not in the competition. Solo writing is much harder for me for whatever reason.

If you are up for it, find someone with compatible tastes and writing skills, and give cowriting a try. :)

It's still very impressive. It looks like the series I'm doing, including both published and unpublished chapters, will be a little over 33,000 words. (I'll have to check the math again.) There might be one chapter added to it. Except for the first chapter, it was done since May, I think. There might eventually be a follow-up series, or maybe a few related but standalone sequels.
-
A co-writer? Even if I could find someone, I doubt that would work for me.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by utterchaos
Learn to play an instrument. I bought an electric guitar, I just gotta sit down and actually learn. I also want to learn Japanese.

That’s awesome!
What song are you learning first?
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by Anatomy

That’s awesome!
What song are you learning first?

Something Japanese, I expect!
for earth the wonder of,
of all life not above,
heed love, need love;
seed love—
love love.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by CoyotlMittens

Something Japanese, I expect!

Good point! Utterchaos likes Visual Kei style. smile Though I predict an Alkaline Trio song.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by She
Finish a novel, finish some dev. certifications, and/or get a new job.

What certs?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
To write my story down , just to remind myself just how fortunate I feel I’ve been . I guess I want my children and a one day grandchildren to be able to read it and possibly take some encouragement from it. Don’t worry Lushies I won’t tell any secrets!
Marx Sister
0 likes
Quote by Anatomy
What certs?

Probably some Salesforce things, since I already work with it, and already work with a handful of languages that are at least moderately similar to Apex.
My Featured Stories
The Snowglobe Conspiracy – Solving a great mystery | There Is No Butterfly – Time Travel competition entry | Incurable Arousal – Most viewed | Toxic, But Not Sinister – Mutual loathing at its finest | You Were – An experience in the second person | Desiderium – A scattering of lovers