Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

What is the best way to get rid of a hangover?

last reply
28 replies
3.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Drink it away!

Story Verifier
0 likes
I don't have any medical evidence, but a theory I heard from one of my older relatives (long ago) was that they suspected hangovers were the result of a dehydrated brain (on account of the alcohol) and I was always encouraged to fight a hangover by downing a couple aspirin and drinking LOTS of water to re-hydrate it. I don't get that drunk very often (not in several years as a matter of fact), but it did seem to work quite well when I did have one.

As a side note, for me at least, Chianti used to give me really nasty hangovers without getting that drunk - 'experts', with some dispute, claim the sulfites, tannins, histamines or tyramines cause headaches from red wines and especially Chianti! 'Well' and other cheap liquors also give me problems.

Best bet is to stick to top shelf liquors and use in moderation to avoid hangovers entirely. Cheers!
Lurker
0 likes
Definately start drinking again!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I believe GulfCoaster is correct -- dehydration is the culprit. You might prevent a hang over by drinking water between drinks...one drink, one glass of water, next drink, next glass of water...

Fortunately for me, I have never been hung over. There were many times I should have been, but I drink water between each drink...maybe it helps, maybe not.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
big fry up and lots of cups of tea!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Water is essential. A greasy offering seems to help also. All of the above, really. Hair of the dog, as they say. But that will ultimately lead you back from whence you came! Top shelf liquor without mixers is the best way to avoid one, along with water. Drink a geneous protion of water before bed. That should help to minimize the acute dehydration in the morning.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hi, for the serious hangovers you can use Domperidon (Motilium, Motillium, Motinorm Costi and Nomit) combinated with paracetamol (acetaminophen) OR Ibuprofen/ Advil. Don't combine paracetamol and ibuprofen.
Over here we use 500 mg paracetamol or 1000 if it's serious ;) In US it's 320 mg? Domperidone helps against nausea.

Drink lots of water....eat...go outside for some fresh air....or just wait till the medication works ;)
I find it the best combination ever to get rid of serious hangovers.4czqWOBcaBhPJ9kZ
Lurker
0 likes
A couple of painkillers to cure the head ache
Drink lots of water to re-hydrate your body(tea and coffee contains caffeine and caffeine dehydrates you, so you might feel more awake but you'll still feel like shit)
Some kind of heavy and greasy food. No need to swallow a glass of fat, but a heavy meal will calm your stomach for a while, given that you're not throwing up.

If you are unlucky enough to be throwing up then you just have to get through with it, maybe down a kind of liquor that's known for killing stomach crap. Underberg and Jagermeister are good at that, but only a shot or maybe two. If you start drinking until you get drunk you'll just have the same problem the following day.
Lurker
0 likes
Back in my old partyBTW days I would drink a beer. Takes the edge off tremendously. Been clean and sober for over 27 yrs.
Lurker
0 likes
Don't drink lol
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Wake up and drink another
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
After years of being on one side of the bar or the other, I found the best way to get rid of a hangover (or at least lessen the effects) is water or fruit juice of some kind, toast - preferably with peanut butter or even a banana. A hot shower helps and a couple of advil (ibuprofen).
Be careful though, do not take acetaminophen. The effects of the alcohol counteracting with the acetaminophen and your liver can be quite harmful. More so than the amount of alcohol can cause damage to your liver. Add acetaminophen to the mix and it can cause long lasting damage over a period of time.
Keep any meals light. Grease isn't good for you anyways and just because you have a hangover doesn't mean it's any better.
Don't gorge on water. It will upset your stomach and make you sick. Drinking it the night before between drinks is much better for you and will help you avoid the hangover the next day.
Lurker
0 likes
It depends largely on the extent of the hangover:

As discussed with a fellow Lush on Saturday (perhaps given the subject matter, I should clarify I mean "Lush Member" rather than someone who is a "Lush"!) a moderate hangover can often make you very horny, so sex is a great cure: orgasms are a well known form of pain relief. In the absence of a partner, I can recommend a good wank under a hot shower.

A real humdinger of a hangover however is a different story: any form of physical activity is a no-no: I would recoomend large quantities of water, Ibuprofen, paracetamol, Irn Bru (for us Scots or alternative energy drink, Bacon Sandwich and sleep are the best remedies. A gently administered blow or hand job might be good too, as long as no movement is required of the hangover owner.

Alternatively, keep on drinking (but sooner or later, you're gonna have to sober up...)
Classified
0 likes
Try to have slept the night before.
Ensure you have eaten*, maybe drink a glass of milk as well.
Avoid mixing grain and grape.

For a quicker buzz drink through a straw, (reducing the air mix).
Drink water as you go along.This also dilutes the alcohol into your bloodstream quicker, (also a quicker buzz).

*If there is likely to be any chunder produced, ensure carrots have been consumed in the last 48hrs!

Of all our inventions for mass communication,
pictures still speak the most universally understood language.

Walt Disney
Lurker
0 likes
A large Bloody Mary and a good fry up with lots of bacon
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Stay Drunk!! HAHA

Actually I had a pretty good way but it did involve some illegal substances so I wont mention it.

A pretty good way is to take Advil and drink a 20oz bottle of water before you go to sleep. It really does help!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Whilst serving Her Royal """"""""""""""Majesty in Libya there was little to do except drink so in the morning I used to finish off the last warm and flat beer on my locker before getting out of bed that worked pretty good.
Lurker
0 likes
Obviously water, especially if you can remember to drink while drinking. But for when I forget I keep bottles of coconut water on hand, one bottle with vitamins before bed, one with advil when I wake up, and I'm usually set to go again!
Lurker
0 likes
Sleep, then biscuits and gravy...i'm just hungry afterwards.
Clumeleon
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Frank

*If there is likely to be any chunder produced, ensure carrots have been consumed in the last 48hrs!

Frank, you should know by now there are always carrots in it even if you haven't eaten them in a year!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
-take three aspirin before you drink
Torture the data long enough and they will confess to anything.
Lurker
0 likes
Don't go to sleep.
Also, there seems to be something magical in McD's chicken nuggets. Not sure they're food, or they've ever been near a chicken, but they sure help heal me.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Time, you need time.

Wow you guys fix an hangover with aspirin? Hemorrhages anyone?
Choose n Practice Happiness

Life is simple; we are what we eat and what we read. Talk is superfluous.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
greasy food

www.szadvntures.com

Latest story:

• TBD

• Bump in the Night-Microfiction

• Smoke Break-Interracial

Lurker
0 likes
WTF is a hangover? Seriously, even when I drink like a maniac, I don't get hangovers. My friends hate me for it. Maybe it's my propensity to have a cup of tea before bed when I've been drinking.