84 replies
5.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The Big Switch by Nicholas Carr

I found it very interesting.

"There's a big switch coming. Personal computers are over; instead our lives will soon center around one planetary World Wide Computer. "
Algol
Lurker
0 likes
E. M Forster. Howards End.

and

Oscar Wilde. Howards End.
Lurker
0 likes
Oscar Wilde. The Importance of Being Earnest.

I was trying to type and listen to a youtube comedy clip at the same time, as well as trying to block out The Royal Variety Performance on the T.V.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
He's On Top, edited by Rachel Kramer Bussel.

In order to know virtue, you must first become acquainted with vice.
- Donatien Alphonse Francois de Sade

-------
En vis mann slår aldri en hund i klubben med en stokk, fordi hunden vil vende rundt og biter mannens ballene av.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm almost finished with "Go Ask Alice" it was a favorite of mine in middle school thought i'd re-read it. i don't read....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Don Quixote, by Miguel de Cervantes and translated by Edith Grossman.

Xmas gift from my brother. I have an older version, this newer one is suppose to be better translated.

In order to know virtue, you must first become acquainted with vice.
- Donatien Alphonse Francois de Sade

-------
En vis mann slår aldri en hund i klubben med en stokk, fordi hunden vil vende rundt og biter mannens ballene av.
Lurker
0 likes
Re-reading Wilkie Collins's The Woman in White.
Lurker
0 likes
Joyce's Dubliners
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by ali2teaseu
Joyce's Dubliners
started reading an Indian author Named Advaita Kala The tittle is "Almost single" it is a cute quirky look on the Indian culture and their expectations for marriage. and how the parents arrange these marriages.

Behind every strong soldier there is even a stronger woman who raised him " Proud Army Mom"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Water for Elephants: by Sara Gruen Fast read, really good
Algol
Lurker
0 likes
Just finished A Tale of Two Cities and Jane Eyre, now working on the entire Chronicles of Narnia...
Lurker
0 likes
I'm rereading a book called Spud by John van de Ruit...It's a diary based book about a boy in boarding school in South Africa in the 90s...other than being hilariously funny.It really resonates with me (being South African ) and growing up around the time when Mandela was being freed and I remember as a kid/teen these when these things started happening...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The Last Dive: A Father and Son's Fatal Descent Into the Ocena's Depths Descent
i think the title say's it all
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Playgirl Magazine
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
Daniel Silva, MOSCOW RULES

just finished:

Iris Murdoch, THE SEA, THE SEA

George Frazier, FLASHMAN AT THE CHARGE

Rumple Foreskin
RUMPLATIONS: AwesomeHonky Tonk and Cyber Bar
Home of the Lush "IN" crowd: indecent, intoxicated, and insolvent
a place to gossip, share news, talk sports, pimp a story, piss & moan, or just grab a drink. Check it out.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. -- ROBERT HEINLEIN
Lurker
0 likes
"Fargo Rock City" Chuck Klosterman
Lurker
0 likes
The Blind Side by Michael Lewis
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I recently finished Flesh & Blood by Graham Masterton and i like to follow a horror with something a bit more emotional so i have just started a Jodie Picoult book called Handle With Care.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Just finished "Go ask Alice" for a third time. I'm thinking about reading the Twilight saga again! biggrin
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Have started "Weapons of Choice" by John Birmingham.

OMG! Awesome escapism. Tom Clancy meets Gene Rodenberry. 1940's morals collide with 21st Century PC attitudes.
"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
0 likes
Grievous Angel by Jane Hill
Lurker
0 likes
The Swimsuit by James Patterson
0 likes
Quote by Necho

I'm reading that one as well! I usually jump between a couple of novels at the same time. It's starting out as a good read. I like his books.
Lollipop Girl
0 likes
The Scarletti Curse by Chirstine Feehan
"Haters make me FAMOUS!!!"

Sassy
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
May Contain Traces of Magic-Tom Holt, when your GPS starts talking and giving you more than directions, you have an interesting problem on your hands. Very British humour.
Also re-reading Mistress of the Empire, whereupon (my role model) Mara of the Acoma has to face off against her deadliest foes, and the entire Assembly of Magicians who wield ultimate power.
Just started The Thin Man, a Christmas gift from hubby, a 1934 second edition! I sooooo wanna be Nora Charles!
"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." - Groucho Marx
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Lisa
Quote by Necho

I'm reading that one as well! I usually jump between a couple of novels at the same time. It's starting out as a good read. I like his books.

Same! James is my favourite writer, I was reading 'Sail' the other day, and nearly threw the book at a wall because of how intense it was!