Leave your regret here and start 2013 afresh

14 votes remaining
It was something you did (9 votes) 64%
It was something you said (3 votes) 21%
It was something you didn't do (5 votes) 36%
It was something you didn't say (1 vote) 7%
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Some people will tell you they regret nothing. However, normal, non-sociopaths pick up one or two along the way of a well-rounded life. Here's your chance to drop off any Lush regrets you may have, enjoy Christmas and start again in the New Year.

This is an amnesty, so no questions asked - you don't have to explain what it is (unless you really want to). Just select what it is above and be on your way with a new, lightened load. Merry Christmas
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well shoot, how many times can I vote? I've got many regrets...

There are things I've said that I should have left unsaid. There are things I have not said that I should have said. There are many things that I said that needed to be said but not like I said it...

There are things I've done that I should not have done. Things I have not done that I should have done. There are many things that I have done that needed to be done, but not quite like I did them...

To anyone who I hurt with my words or actions, or lack there of, i am sincerely sorry.
Lurker
0 likes
Why thank you OMKN, I feel extremely cleansed and fresh! Ready to take on a new dirty Christmas and New Year!
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
Now if it was as easy as voting to re-cleanse my shitty year of 2012. I won't say let's see if I can top it.. I said that in 2011 and proved how much more shit I can have in my life... **Face Palm.**
Lurker
0 likes
Why thank you sir!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Oh why did I say that to her! Those that I've confided in will know my story and how I went through a couple if months of hell. I couldn't discuss with my face to face friends but Lush has helped me a lot. So my regret has now turned itself around into a positive. Maybe that's a lesson for all regrets? Maybe?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I could easily select all of them, there are too many things I sometimes wish I had done differently. The most important thing is learning from your mistakes, this is why I try not to beat myself up when I think about certain things.

Life goes on, we grow, change and, sometimes, we even mature. I appreciate the offer but I'm going to hang onto my regrets, they make me who I am and I'm happy with the person I've become.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by freakycactus
I could easily select all of them, there are too many things I sometimes wish I had done differently. The most important thing is learning from your mistakes, this is why I try not to beat myself up when I think about certain things.

Life goes on, we grow, change and, sometimes, we even mature. I appreciate the offer but I'm going to hang onto my regrets, they make me who I am and I'm happy with the person I've become.

Really? What about that... you know... that thing... come on, this a free pass
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
2012 has not been too good, But when It has gone bad it's gone really bad, I hope to high holy hell 2013 is better for everyone.
Merry Christmas smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I wish I had said something to a lot of people, and chickened out. 2013 I'll speak up more.

www.szadvntures.com

Latest story:

• TBD

• Bump in the Night-Microfiction

• Smoke Break-Interracial

Clumeleon
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow
Some people will tell you they regret nothing. However, normal, non-sociopaths pick up one or two along the way of a well-rounded life.

What if you have no regrets because you recognise that even the things you could have done/said "better" were sources for your own growth and development as a human being? If we learn something from every mistake we make (and cause no one any real harm) then why should we have regrets?

Besides, regrets are all about looking back. Let's look forward and ask, "What can I do better next year? How can I avoid making the same mistakes?"

So instead of saying, "I regret having not studied as much as I should have this year," I'll say, "I'm going to study more next year."
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
No regrets - 2012 has been a great year for me.

I've left behind, what needed leaving behind and concentrated effort on worthwhile friends and causes. It's been a good hit, and I wouldn't change a thing.

Bring on 2013 and more of the same.

(and a special little pussy pic for OMKN)
Story Verifier
0 likes
No regrets for me either in 2012. Had plenty in 2011 but I learned to move on. You can never enjoy today if you stay chained to yesterday.
“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I wonder if people confuse guilt with regret? (Maybe I am, here.)

Guilt is very negative, often misplaced and largely the result of something done intentionally. With regret, most often the only person you have to apologise to is yourself.

Regret shouldn't be paralysing but it should be motivating enough to make sure we do better in the future. It's ok to make a mistake, it's not ok to repeat it.

Surely a life with no regret would be like a life with no guilt: who would be impelled to repair any damage when you don't feel any of the consequences of your actions?

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow
I wonder if people confuse guilt with regret? (Maybe I am, here.)

Guilt is very negative, often misplaced and largely the result of something done intentionally. With regret, most often the only person you have to apologise to is yourself.

Regret shouldn't be paralysing but it should be motivating enough to make sure we do better in the future. It's ok to make a mistake, it's not ok to repeat it.

Surely a life with no regret would be like a life with no guilt: who would be impelled to repair any damage when you don't feel any of the consequences of your actions?

You're the guy telling us to unload our regrets so we can have a fresh start in 2013!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by freakycactus

You're the guy telling us to unload our regrets so we can have a fresh start in 2013!

Only the unwanted ones x Should I regret even starting this? hahaha

Lurker
0 likes
Letting someone get too close again and trusting the person who had broken my heart just 4 months earlier.
Made my year shit, along with everything else.
And if he reads this then he'll know who it is that I'm talking about.
I hope 2013 is better for me
Merry Christmas everyone x
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I regret that I haven't applied for enough jobs meaning I'm stuck in the same job next year.
Mazztastic
0 likes
Quote by clum

What if you have no regrets because you recognise that even the things you could have done/said "better" were sources for your own growth and development as a human being? If we learn something from every mistake we make (and cause no one any real harm) then why should we have regrets?

Besides, regrets are all about looking back. Let's look forward and ask, "What can I do better next year? How can I avoid making the same mistakes?"

So instead of saying, "I regret having not studied as much as I should have this year," I'll say, "I'm going to study more next year."

I like this way of looking at it Clum...

Thanks for the thread OMKN
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
As Clum says, no regrets..............Well, except there was that time in Nicola's basement with Sprite. But it was only once, I SWEAR! ............well, twice, but the second one didn't count, 'cause.........oh nevermind. And besides, I promised them I wouldn't tell.
"There's only three tempos: slow, medium and fast. When you get between in the cracks, ain't nuthin' happenin'." Ben Webster
Cock Connoisseur
0 likes
Quote by freakycactus

I would have to agree, if we are cleansed of them, we are often doomed to repeat them. What's done is done and its made us who we are good or bad. We get a year older whether we wish to or not and life goes on. Hopefully we can learn from the good and bad and find peace and happiness on the path we've chosen to take in life and love.
Detention Seeker
0 likes
Regrets yes I have a few but bet their not the same as you!