Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

So Rolf Harris just got jailed for 5 years and 9 months...

last reply
56 replies
4.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes

Rolf Harris has been jailed for a total of five years and nine months for 12 indecent assaults against four girls - including one aged just seven or eight.

Harris, 84, who was found guilty of offences that took place between 1968 and 1986, was told by the judge he had "no-one to blame but himself".

Mr Justice Sweeney said Harris had taken advantage of the trust placed in him because of his celebrity status.

He said the TV entertainer's reputation now "lies in ruins".

Harris was found guilty of indecently assaulting four girls - one who was just seven or eight and was groped when she asked for his autograph, and another two who fell prey as young teenagers.

The judge said the age gap between Harris and each of his victims had been "a very considerable one" and that he "clearly got a thrill from committing some of these offences".

Source: BBC
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I think this is all a big scandal. I don't belive one bit he has done as much as they say. the time he was around men touched womans legs and slaped them on the back side it was the done thing. I think he has been made a escape goat for the savell case.
How funny it is that woman can make a complaint about something 40yrs ago and some how they find all these other woman who have also had the same thing happen. never hear a case of this sort dating back to like the 70s or 80s were there is only one victim and always the affender is famous or has money.
0 likes
Quote by HsTeacher
I think this is all a big scandal. I don't belive one bit he has done as much as they say. the time he was around men touched womans legs and slaped them on the back side it was the done thing. I think he has been made a escape goat for the savell case.
How funny it is that woman can make a complaint about something 40yrs ago and some how they find all these other woman who have also had the same thing happen. never hear a case of this sort dating back to like the 70s or 80s were there is only one victim and always the affender is famous or has money.

Really hoping that your screen name doesn't indicate your actual profession. Just saying.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Next weeks Animal Hospital where Rolf explains how to handle a young beaver has apparently been cancelled.
My Karma just ran over your Dogma
Lurker
0 likes
Lock him up and throw away the key, just let him rot in a 6x6 cell for the rest of his life the dirty old B*****D!!!! Hes utter Scum!!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by HeraTeleia

Really hoping that your screen name doesn't indicate your actual profession. Just saying.

Wot du yu meen?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by HsTeacher

Don't worry, you'll be getting him back to face charges over there. Transportation lives!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by HeraTeleia
Five-odd years is nothing, compared to what he took from his victims. As a mother, I don't even know how the parents of these girls restrain themselves from meting out their own brand of justice...

Well we don't believe in lynch mobs over here.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by HsTeacher
I think this is all a big scandal. I don't believe one bit [that] he has done as much as they say. The time he was around men touched women's legs and slapped them on the backside [one word] it was the done thing. I think he has been made a scapegoat [what you wrote hurt my brain] for the Savile case.
How funny it is that woman can make a complaint about something 40yrs ago and somehow they find all these other women who have also had the same thing happen. Never hear a case of this sort dating back to like the 70s or 80s were there is only one victim and always the offender is famous or has money.

It's your handle. I couldn't resist.

Edit: Didn't see that someone had already done something like this. Hope you don't feel picked on, I meant it in good humor.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by HsTeacher

just because they didn't go forward when it happened doesn't mean it didn't happen.

maybe they were too scared to tell anyone.

I can't imagine the pain they suffered through all this time, keeping it in. (If they had not told anyone until now.)

It doesn't mean they might not have told someone at some point.

Also, their minds may have blocked it out to protect themselves.

just speculating.

trying not to throw up.

I hate seeing or hearing this shit.

doesn't mean it won't stop happening.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am glad he is going to prison. I just wish it was for longer.
Lurker
0 likes
If UK prisons are anything like American prisons he better hope they don't find out why he's there otherwise they will kill him (or try to at least).
Lurker
0 likes
5 years and 9 months is a lot longer at his age than the same term would be at 30 or 40 years old. Yes his crime deserves more but there have been people who have taken lives who have served less!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Haineko
If UK prisons are anything like American prisons he better hope they don't find out why he's there otherwise they will kill him (or try to at least).

The case was so high profile there is no way to hide that information. I wish Jimmy Saville was caught and brought to justice as he was a monster. I still can't believe he got away with what he did.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by GingerCat

The case was so high profile there is no way to hide that information. I wish Jimmy Saville was caught and brought to justice as he was a monster. I still can't believe he got away with what he did.

Then he's fucked

Literally & figuratively
Lurker
0 likes
at 84, five years could be a life time and I don't think his fellow inmates will take it easy on him just because of his age.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
He is able to get out in around 3 years if he behaves himself.
"Hey, don't knock masturbation! It's sex with someone I love." Woody Allen

"I am willing to admit that I may not always be right, but I am never wrong." Samuel Goldwyn
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by HeraTeleia

A tad harsh comment, don't you think?
"Hey, don't knock masturbation! It's sex with someone I love." Woody Allen

"I am willing to admit that I may not always be right, but I am never wrong." Samuel Goldwyn
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by tubby1961

A tad harsh comment, don't you think?

Not if you look at the glaring typos.
Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by HeraTeleia

Lurker
0 likes
I feel sad for the women he molested. I feel sad for his wife. I feel sad for his daughter. I feel sad for myself because it makes me nauseous to think how much I enjoyed his entertaining when I was growing up. This whole thing has upset me very much
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by JacquieJ
I feel sad for the women he molested. I feel sad for his wife. I feel sad for his daughter. I feel sad for myself because it makes me nauseous to think how much I enjoyed his entertaining when I was growing up. This whole thing has upset me very much

I understand and appreciate how you feel Jaquie. There will be a lot of people who will feel that way and his punishment isn't just his - it's his family's too. Every time they leave the house, the looks and stares, the words and gossip saying "his wife must have known or had some idea".

All these celebrities, all these years later, their perverted deeds coming to light. Stars from the seventies and eighties, it's a shame that their standing wielded so much power and respect placing fear in the heart of their victims. If the first victim had come forward and had been believed, then their would not have been anymore victims.

The list of celebrities now being found out is growing and unfortunately it may only be the tip of the iceberg. After all this time there can be no justice for the victims, not with Rolf Harris being 84 years old - but just another two victims. His wife Alwen Harris (Hughes) who late in life will now only be able to live her remaining years knowing her husband was a child molester, and his daughter Bindi Nicholls will have many more years to suffer the fallout of her fathers wrong doings.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by LittleLuce

The list of celebrities now being found out is growing and unfortunately it may only be the tip of the iceberg. After all this time there can be no justice for the victims, not with Rolf Harris being 84 years old - but just another two victims. His wife Alwen Harris (Hughes) who late in life will now only be able to live her remaining years knowing her husband was a child molester, and his daughter Bindi Nicholls will have many more years to suffer the fallout of her fathers wrong doings.

To be honest it would not surprise me if she was a victim as well.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Apparently they are looking into the possibility of extending his sentence now.

Under current UK law, you can only be sentenced based on what the punishment would have been at the time the crimes were committed. Because these assaults happened so long ago, the more lenient jail-time guidelines of the past had to be used.

The sentences broken down are:

Count 1: Assaulting an autograph-hunter, who was aged seven or eight, in the late 1960s - Nine months
Count 2: Assaulting a teenage waitress in the 1970s - Six months
Count 3: Assaulting a childhood friend of Harris's daughter between the ages of 13 and 19 - 15 months
Count 4: Same victim as count 3 - 15 months
Count 5: Same victim as count 3 - 15 months
Count 6: Same victim as count 3 - 12 months
Count 7: Same victim as count 3 - 15 months
Count 8: Same victim as count 3 - 12 months
Count 9: Same victim as count 3 - 12 months
Count 10: Assaulting Australian woman Tonya Lee, who was 15, in 1986 - Nine months
Count 11: Same victim as count 10 - Nine months
Count 12: Same victim as count 10 - 12 months

Some of the sentences will be served at the same time, making a total of five years and nine months.

As far as I'm concerned they should lock him up for good.
Story Verifier
0 likes
I hope the Attorney General reviews this sentence and he is made to serve at least 15 years.
“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by JacquieJ

I feel sad for myself because it makes me nauseous to think how much I enjoyed his entertaining when I was growing up. This whole thing has upset me very much

The odd thing for me is that of all of them, even the ones found not guilty, he was the one that I thought "he couldn't do that". I would never have suspected him. It just goes to show that you never know.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by HeraTeleia

Prolly a math teacher. I'm just sayin'.
Clumeleon
0 likes
Quote by MrNudiePants
Prolly a math teacher. I'm just sayin'.

And what, pray tell, is that supposed to mean?

Cheeky sod!