1.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
(A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is

(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are

(C) Accidental deaths per physician is

Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Now think about this:

Guns

(A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is

(Yes, that's 80 million)

(B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year,

all age groups, is

(C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is

Statistics courtesy of FBI

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So, statistically, doctors are approximately

9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Remember, 'Guns don't kill people, doctors do.'

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT

ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Please alert your friends

to this

alarming threat.

We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Hell, I thought this was an interesting post about the new alien species, The Dogtors.

My bad...please, carry on.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Mistakes like that do have away of taking the wind out of your sails.
I am gun owner and I can honestly say that I haven't accidently killed anyone.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am also a gun owner, and I have never “accidentally” killed anyone either…
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
This one is an urban legend. By "cooking the books" you can make figures say almost anything you want to.

Consider these Qs:

"What exactly is an 'accidental death? Consider as well that guns are usually used to intentionally kill people, whereas doctors rarely do. "Accidental" is a loaded word (pardon the pun) here.'"

"When people see a doctor, they are usually in poor health to begin with, so failing health has to be considered at least partially responsible for those deaths. How about if we consider that mostly ill people (more likely to die!) visit doctors."

"What about those instances in which guns are used to intentionally cause death? I only know of one doctor who intentionally causes death - Jack Kevorkian."

"There are quite a few people who will go through life without encountering a person with a gun. Far fewer go through life without seeing a doctor. Thus, more deaths can be attributed to doctors because it's statistically more likely."

It is an entertaining post though...
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Milik_The_Red
Mistakes like that do have away of taking the wind out of your sails.
I am gun owner and I can honestly say that I haven't accidently killed anyone.

Me either. It was always on purpose when I did it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm a gun owner as well, hence my user name. I have never had one of my guns get up in the middle of the night and start killing people. If my guns were to do that, then I'd have them put down. I'm not gonna put up with my guns going around killing.
Go check out my new story - How Did This Happen? - John's Story
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
accidental death or not; doctors kill more people every year than gun owners.

I've always thought that to be humorous.
Thousands of user submitted stories removed from the site. You are nothing without your users or their freely submitted stories.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Okay... so what are the statistics on these guys then? What scares you more... the fact that they have guns, or that they are doctors? ...

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
Okay... so what are the statistics on these guys then? What scares you more... the fact that they have guns, or that they are doctors? ...

It scares me that they are doctors.
Go check out my new story - How Did This Happen? - John's Story
Lurker
0 likes
Yea me too. If they can't fix they're hair right, they sure couldn't fix what ails me. LOL
Lurker
0 likes
Politically I am a librarian, spelled with a small l. I would rather have citizens with firearms that governments.

Many instances of government sponsored genocide could have been prevented if the recipients of extermination were armed.

Most wars, except revolutions and insurrections are started by governments and religions.

Governments with guns and other armaments are killing somewhere on the planet 24/7.

We have little wars and big wars, police actions, genocides all going on right now as I type.

The real problem is governments armed to the teeth. Citizens should disarm the governments not the other way around.

I forgot, and now we have terrorism as an international sport. Why? Governments.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My question is...why are you so against doctors?

Most of us without the aid of a doctor (or medical practioner...midwives included) would not be here today. Where would you be without modern medicine? Yes, I know typically it isn't the doctors who make the drugs it is a group of scientists but without the doctor you wouldn't have access to those medications when you need them, or to medical help when you need it like after a car accident or a fire etc.
Apple
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by AppleOfYourEye
My question is...why are you so against doctors?

Most of us without the aid of a doctor (or medical practioner...midwives included) would not be here today. Where would you be without modern medicine? Yes, I know typically it isn't the doctors who make the drugs it is a group of scientists but without the doctor you wouldn't have access to those medications when you need them, or to medical help when you need it like after a car accident or a fire etc.

The thing is no one is against Doctors it was meant as a joke is all I thought it was funny and a friend of mine in the medical field forwarded it wo me in the first place now this next quote was taken from another forum that I posted it on and here goes.

"I think this post, which is actually a repost of something that's been around a while, is just meant to be a light-hearted look at how ridiculous gun control is. I don't believe the original author meant to accuse physicians as being dangerous but was trying to make a different point. I think it's rather funny personally."

I think he about summed it up right
Lurker
0 likes
Yes he did BB.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
Yes he did BB.

Thanks Kat