10 most evil men and women ever

last reply
19 replies
3.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Interesting mixture of men and women - it might have been interesting to see a list culled from recent times (say the last 150 years or so.) After all that period would cover the years of do called democracy and civillisation.
I notice that O Bin Laden is missing from the list too.
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by SusanEngland
Interesting mixture of men and women - it might have been interesting to see a list culled from recent times (say the last 150 years or so.) After all that period would cover the years of do called democracy and civillisation.
I notice that O Bin Laden is missing from the list too.

I notice Bush isn't in there either

Interesting site that one, lots in there.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Whoever did the list of the men, putting Hirohito as bonus only shows the ignorance of the people doing the selections. Japan's concept of the Emperor is one that has been used for centuries. The Emperor of Japan until Sept 1945 was that of a semi-god and he never spoke in public or to audiences because his voice was so pure that not everybody could hear it. You-all can equate Hirohito with Elizabeth (GB) that they are simply the monarchs without ruling capability.

The actions about the of Nanking was neither ordered nor aproved by the Emperor. The Emperor of Japan was a "figure" not a ruler. The real government of Japan was handled by politicians (surprise, surprise). Even Pearl Harbor, that was Tojo the then minister of War and later prime minister. Hirohito had absolutely nothing to do with the givernment of Japan. Papers were presented to him by members of his staff as a "fait accompli" and Hirohito's responsibility was simply to sign. There was only once when Hirohito spoke to an audience, right after the second Atom bomb that he ordered "his government officials" to negotiate a surrender because he did not want his people suffering any longer.

And when you really look at Hitler, you have to take into consideration ALL the deaths during WW II. Of all the countries besides his nefast accomplishments in his concentration camps. Jews, 6 million and others, 6 million.

The other mistake of the list is the abscence of Mao Tse Tung. His cultural revolution cost China the lives of 60 million chinese.

And of course as a combination of evilness, communism takes away the price of the worst political living idea of the whole history of Mankind. Stalin about 40 million, Mao, about 60 million, N. Korea, Viet Nam, Laos and Cambodia, in the neighborhood of 8 to 10 million.

I think that Robespierre is getting more credit than what he really earned. No, Robespierre was not that horrible. Lenin was certainly worst than Robespierre.

Although Castro's numbers are not as big as any of the other distinguished gentlemen (being facetitious here) because his opportunities were smaller, he does carry a record to his grave: the longest period of dictatorship in the history of mankind, 49 years. The second place belongs to the father of Kim Il Jong, N. Korea.
Matriarch
0 likes
You seem to know a lot about all this Vacheron - are you a historian?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Lush, I am not a historian by title but a historian by interest. I love reading history and books that present history in a "novel". James Michener, James Clavell, Cornelious Ryan, John Tolland, Leon Uris and others. From time to time, after reading a "historical" novel, I go the history books to check for veracity or to confirm certain passages that intrigued me.
Also read a lot of Military History. And somehow God gave me a memory that keeps much of the information available at "the tip of my fingers".
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
that's all sick... i had to stop 1/2way through
*~*xX/ ;) i'm not joking/Xx*~*
Lurker
0 likes
I think Hitler and Stalin should have shared the number one sport, both of them were complete lunatics!

I love how many of the people on both lists started with absolutely no power and slowly worked themselves to it, ie Queen Mary, Hitler.

Not what I expected for the women though, I can think of more evil ones than those listed.
Lurker
0 likes
I think this list could have possibly changed in the 3 years since it came out,huh?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
As a history major I think this list is okay for accuracy, especially with Stalin in the number 1 spot. I do agree that Mao is a glaring omission, who likely should have taken the number 3 spot, but I'm satisfied with the range of people, geographically and historically and believe the list is fairly accurate.

Stalin often gets overlooked for the depth of his evil, but anyone who has studied the Soviet Union, including his 5 year plans, the elimination of the Kulaks, and the prison system between 1918 and 1953 would understand why I (and apparently they) believe he deserves the number one spot for evil men. Hitler was a fucktard, yes, but Stalin killed more people, and in his own country, than Hitler did, by far, and yet do we study HIM in our history classes? Generally not. Eddie Izzard talks about it in a skit. His theory is if you kill your own people no one cares. If you kill people "next door" people care.

I'm glad Leopold II made the list as well. I think we often ignore his malice and evil actions in Africa.

Just my thought:it's also interesting that Napoleon is not considered evil. Isn't it interesting how he started how many wars, and how many people died, yet he isn't even considered for the list........

The list for the women I do find sadly lacking though. It seems to have no rhyme or reason and I think Isabella of Castile should have been closer to the number 1 spot. The list for the women is deplorable compared to the one for the men.
Right there. Oh yeah baby. Right there.
Lollipop Girl
0 likes
umm wow...
"Haters make me FAMOUS!!!"

Sassy
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Anyone who willingly takes another human life is evil. More evil is when that life taken is a childs...
Rubber Ducky your the one, you make my life so much fun
Lurker
0 likes
I notice that they're no newer ones in there either. How about Omar al-Bashir? Or the Akazu? Or Kim Jong il? Surely these men are worse than some on this list. That's not even going into the human slave trades.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
What a thoroughly miserable, depressing read. Man's inhumanity to man - thank heavens there are more heroes than villains in the world.
"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by mercianknight
thank heavens there are more heroes than villains in the world.

there are? A matter of outlook, I suppose. Though I agree with you, there's something mildly soul-crushing about reading a run-down of the world's most dispicable people.
Lurker
0 likes
Interesting, and Crowley didn't make the list huh? Oh well, maybe next time.

I do like that two vampires made the list, one male and one female. LOL I bet everyone knows which ones I'm talking about.

As someone who has read more than I should admit about the tudors, I don't think "Bloody Mary" belongs on the list. She did kill over 400 people in her very short reign as Queen of England but she wasn't evil, she was a religious fanatic and honestly, that brings up the very real and very interesting question of why there isn't at least one Pope on this list!? Mary killed for the Catholic church at the bidding of the Emperor and the Pope, but let's be realistic, the Church, it it's day, killed more people than any of the people on either evil list and did it in some of the most horrific ways ever devised, in fact the Spanish Inquisition is responsible for coming up with some of the most inventive horrors ever created by man and all of this was done in the Pope's name.

Ok, that should stir up a little chatter about this list, huh? Very interesting list. Even more interesting that it was posted on an erotic site. Hmmmm.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Vacheron58
Lush, I am not a historian by title but a historian by interest. I love reading history and books that present history in a "novel". James Michener, James Clavell, Cornelious Ryan, John Tolland, Leon Uris and others. From time to time, after reading a "historical" novel, I go the history books to check for veracity or to confirm certain passages that intrigued me.
Also read a lot of Military History. And somehow God gave me a memory that keeps much of the information available at "the tip of my fingers".

Cool, what is your favorite book and why? I love history as well but not blessed with a good memory...what were we talking about?
Lurker
0 likes
very interesting...thought Hitler would have been #1 on mens list....and the women's list surprised me