Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Your family traditions; do you have any? If so, what?

last reply
18 replies
2.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Butterfly
0 likes
Recently I happen to visit my girlfriend's mom. I spent full Sunday there and realized that although modern life seems to have overtaken the family traditions in many areas, there are still many families that practice the custom of a Sunday Family Meal. It was real fun, grand parents to grand children were gathered. I really liked this diminishing tradition.

In my home, the tradition of placing a candle in the window is still practiced. It is a tradition practiced throughout the year. It symbolizes the warmth and security of the family and signals loyalty to family members who are not present in the home.

So tell us about your family traditions, even if you don't practice them now smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Sorry but I will have to pass.

The only tradition my family ever had was treating my friends and myself as so much shit.

We were all considered to be those 'Common Little People'.
0 likes
Definitely Sunday Meals and spending that day together but w/ COVID-19 is difficult.
For birthdays, we always go to Disneyland and visit Club 33 for birthday meal(Thankyou Eric)
Punk Rock Bowling in Downtown Vegas but of course there was no event this yr.

Holidays like Turkey/Xmas Day I will spend it w/ my parents and my Krew are welcomed to join us if they don't fly out to visit their families.
We always set up main Xmas tree in foyer just the three of us after Turkey dinner.

Something else but that's too personal to share.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
one tradition that has been passed on is the tradition of events like weddings or child births
we all get together and make a quilt to commemorate the event
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
New Years Day our whole family gathers every year including cousins. Usually around 30 -40 people including the little ones. Since we all can’t do it at Thanksgiving or Christmas or Easter due to everyone’s other family commitments. We’ve been doing it now for about 15 years and this year there will be a wedding! A niece decided to just get married since we all would be together anyway.
0 likes
The family tradition I keep is that our main meal of the day is taken at the dinning table and all cell phones banned! The latter of the cell phones ban is my tradition lol.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Other than Thanksgiving meals together, the only other tradition that has lasted since my dad was a kid has been no Sunday evening meal... just a bowl of ice cream. My branch of the Frasiers have been doing this for at least 60 years, that I know of. Maybe longer.
Sassy Red-haired Beach Kat/Dune Goddess
0 likes
A tradition when we lived in Michigan was to go as a family to the apple orchard, pick apples, have cider and donuts, and go for a hayride. It's one of the few things I miss about living there.

Dirty Talk Competition story: His Voice

New Mac & Grace story: Boardrooms & Boudoirs - Part Three -Chapters 9-12

The Last Dance - Part 4 & Part 5

The Last Dance is a love story, but not your ordinary love story. I’d love for people to check it out. Thanks! 🥰

New short story: Under The Doctor's Desk

New micro: Another Man’s Wife

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Another wonderful forum Idea Oli!

Well my family had quite a few really. I'm an Army Brat so my Dad drug us all around the world with him. Many times it would be just us together when newly arrived at a new base or Fort, so my parents were big on lots of holiday and special occasion traditions. Most were no different than many families, but one that was a little unique was putting stockings up Saint Nicolas Day (December 6)....We'd put them up the night before to find a stocking full of treats and small toys when we woke in the morning! It was kinda double-dipping because we'd get the same on Christmas, but this was something cool no matter where in the world we were...and my Dad would get super creative to craft some kind of fireplace even when the quarters we had didn't have one. To this day my parents ship me a box of treats and cool things for St Nic's day. For my part, head over to my Sisters to help fill my nieces stockings and ship a stocking of treats to the rest of my family.
Lurker
0 likes
Sunday meals have always been a regular tradition. Another is we have always hugged and kissed each other.
Simple Scribbler
0 likes
When I was growing up, we always put up Christmas tree and decorations weekend after Thanksgiving. Christmas Eve, Mom made big meal for just immediate family, then we would get up early Christmas morn and open presents before driving out of town to spend day with grandmas, cousins, etc.

For my son, I started the Christmas elf. As soon as TGiving is over, I hang a stocking on his door and on random days my son would get a goodie in his stocking until Christmas. He would run to his stocking every morning til Xmas seeing if elf had been there. Sometimes he would have a lil treat, sometimes not.

And we celebrate his adoption day. He was adopted when he was 6 months old. I always buy him 1 gift and we spend the day together doing something he wants to do. A year ago it was axe throwing at a Ren Fair. Ha!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
we do everything we can to get together for the holidays, hell or high water we all come together even if it is a group or phone call, we all get together, also taco Tuesday, we have always managed to get together when my daughter was growing we would make tacos and sit and talk and tell each other about what we may of missed in what is going one with the other, something we still do.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I'm trying to think of something that's not completely banal. The whole family would all go surfing once a year in Big Sur. Bet no one else can say that!
for earth the wonder of,
of all life not above,
heed love, need love;
seed love—
love love.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not very exciting I'm afraid, Sunday dinners whenever we can and at Christmas we like to travel up to London for a musical or the ballet
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
When it comes to children’s social lives, we're sent to learn cotillion. These classes afford learning social etiquette concepts such as, the man must always ask the woman to dance and how to behave with their friends at a formal party. I found this tradition very interesting as it also afford you to practice traditional dances. There is another interesting tradition of dressing up like a cowboy, cowgirl for family photos. There are people who grow up in ranches out in the hill country who actually do wear big belt buckles, cowboy hats, and bolo ties for social gatherings. Though most Texans might have a pair of boots or flannel shirt to throw on when they feel like living up to the stereotype, quite a few of us have been stuffed into the Hollywood version of a cowboy for childhood photos in a professional studio.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by KimDeSade
The family tradition I keep is that our main meal of the day is taken at the dinning table and all cell phones banned! The latter of the cell phones ban is my tradition lol.

You have to put those things in a box. Or shut them off. Or smash them.

My family had a similar tradition of no phones at the table.

"The Punished Nonpartisan" <- Extreme BDSM and humiliation story. Heavy on plot. Served on a plate of political drama with a side of domestic terror. Currently Free download.

Jocelyn the Wicked <- futanari, fantasy fan fic, and some tentacles that escaped the laboratory

Resident Otaku
0 likes
My family are shit, so I'm making my own traditions of spending Christmas Eve watching Christmas films with hot chocolate, and Halloween involves watching The Nightmare Before Christmas and other Tim Burton films. The day/night before Halloween, I always watch The Crow. It's my favourite film and it's also my birthday but I rarely do anything, so that's my thing.

My husband's family have traditions like going to a Cathedral for a church service around Christmas, and they light a candle whilst there for loved ones, but I'm an atheist, so I don't go along to that. They also do the boxing day sales hard, every single year, which is another thing I skip out on. One thing that they do, which I follow is the "Best free thing" of the year competition. My MIL brazenly takes more jam, coffee, butter etc than she needs when she stays at a hotel to the horror of everyone else, but I've won the last few times because I've won competitions and ended up with things like a huge house from Sylvanian Family which I donated for a charity raffle, Trunki bundles, £50 dolls etc.
Word Wizard
0 likes
First foot at new year (Usually the youngest male is sent outside just before the bells (stroke of midnight)

Head of the family carves Xmas dinner.

Whoever's birthday it is decided on the take away or restaurant we all go to....