What accent do you speak with?

last reply
247 replies
18.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
We all have accents, whether we care to admit them or not.....

Which accent do you have?
Primus Omnium
0 likes
I studied linguistics in college so I just happen to know that my accent is called "Upper Midland Dialect."
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
USA. Very MidWest/Illinois but not Chicago
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
East Texan, although my travels have smoothed it out.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
You can hear it if you want to. I recorded one of my poems here.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-poems/siren-sappho.aspx

It's southern Ohio accent, I guess. Northern Ohioans speak with a radio/TV announcer accent (iow, no accent specific to any particular region) Deep southern Ohio accents pronounce 'tire' 'tar' and 'dog' dowg'. My mom's family all talk like that.
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
i honestly speak with a mix of northern and southern united states' dialects. while my pronunciation is more northern, my use of southern colloquialisms (fixin' dinner, fen' to go) give me away.

Say. Her. Name.

Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
I've been told that I talk "normal" and don't have an accent. That is to say, I'm regionally ambiguous, similar to the non-accent actors have in American movies.

However, my mom was raised in the south, and my dad in the northwest. There are some words that I pronounce with a slight southern twang, and some I pronounce with whatever fucking accent they came up with in the northwest.

And like honeydipped, I use southern colloquialisms that I picked up from my mom and her side of the family, as well as northwestern colloquialisms that I picked up from my dad and his side of the family.

I hate the sound of my voice, so I pay as little attention to it as possible. But all feedback I've gotten regarding my accent says that I don't really have one, even when I point out all the shit I just mentioned in this post.

There was this very brief "valley girl" phase I went through in high school where I talked using this weird Kardashian-esque vocal fry. A very dark time for all involved.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I was born in South Carolina and moved to North Carolina for the first 5 1/2 years of my life. Then we moved to Indiana the summer before I started the first grade.

I had a very pronounced little boy southern accent. We were asked to stand up and introduce ourselves and tell what we did over the summer. When I started, everyone laughed. I stopped, sat down and that was the last day I had an accent.

I recorded newscasters and radio news and practiced their accents and lost my southern accent. So I am a lot like Bethany's family, that radio/TV announcer accent.

When I am drinking you can tell how drunk I am by how southern I sound.... Starting with the y'all's and damnit's ....

Ciao
There are times she is kneeling out of obedience, reverence and respect. Those are the times it is okay to stand above her. But when she is kneeling because the weight of the world is just too heavy to bear … that is when You should be kneeling beside her.

Daddy has a lovely family - Daddy’s Little Family … https://www.lushstories.com/stories/flash-erotica/-daddys-little-family-.aspx

He is behind the curtain - Someone’s Watching ... https://www.lushstories.com/stories/masturbation/-someones-watching-.aspx

Some childhood memories return - Memories of Daddy … https://www.lushstories.com/stories/microfiction/-memories-of-daddy-.aspx

Just a ride in the country - Afternoon Distraction …
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/microfiction/-afternoon-distraction-.aspx

She waits to keep a promise - Promises …
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/microfiction/-promises-.aspx
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Southern accent with a twist ;)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Malleable, and with a mix-up of British and American phrases.
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
For all Americans here claiming to have no accent, I'm sure your British cousins will disagree ;)

In English or any other foreign language I'm sure I have a Dutch accent. My English might sound a bit more American than British, and it's probably a mixup. My vocabulary is definitely a mixup of the two.

In Dutch I have an obvious southern/Brabantian accent. People who think Dutch has all these harsh rasping sounds should visit the south of the Netherlands or Flanders in Belgium once.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Southern Barefoot Angel
0 likes
Southern ... Born and raised in Virginia
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Beffer
You can hear it if you want to. I recorded one of my poems here.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-poems/siren-sappho.aspx

It's southern Ohio accent, I guess. Northern Ohioans speak with a radio/TV announcer accent (iow, no accent specific to any particular region) Deep southern Ohio accents pronounce 'tire' 'tar' and 'dog' dowg'. My mom's family all talk like that.

I listened to your poem and I heard no accent. Although, I'm sure if you were a bit drunk and speaking casually it might come out.

I've noticed people from Ohio (excluding the southeast) have a subtle accent that you can detect when they say words like "hold" and "told." They tend to pronounce it "hode" and "tode." I didn't hear that with you though.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
I've lived in Quebec all my life and was raised in the French language only. I obviously have a French accent while speaking in English, although I rarely ever have to actually converse in English. The French/English languages are still rather segregated here in Montreal, so I'm only forced to speak in English around 1% of the time in a few specific downtown areas/venues.

I actually stumbled across this video quite a while ago and couldn't help but to bookmark it because the guy speaks exactly as I would in English. Exact same French-Canadian accent, exact same overall mastery of English, and I happen to talk in the exact same unhurried/composed manner (hey I'm an introvert, you'll have to look elsewhere for all those crazy inflexions). So yeah, I'd say that this guy is a pretty damn accurate representation of how you'd hear me speak in English. The only difference is that I either talk about science or sexual kinks instead of fancy suits, haha.

Question: Can you English speakers spot the difference between the French accent from either France or Quebec? It's always pretty fucking obvious to me...

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
New Orleans Cajun. I have had a lot of people say my accent sounds like I am from New York. Especially while we were stationed in West Texas.

Brandie
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Mine's that kinda don't give a fuck attitude accent, but you wouldn't know it because of the polite, reserved manner of my tone. I come across as a tender hearted person that would bend any lady over in the storage room at the drop of a hat.....yep , that's right, I'm in the south
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have been told I don’t have much of an accent, when I speak English. I think it’s only noticeable when I’m speaking Korean or one of the other national languages here. Also, a few shots and it comes out a lot more because I start speaking Afrikaans which if you’ve ever heard it you would understand why it’s the best drunk language.
"A dirty book is rarely dusty"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Midwest nasal twang, yeah I know!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Midwest nasal twang, yeah I know!
Forum Kan-Guru
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy

Question: Can you English speakers spot the difference between the French accent from either France or Quebec? It's always pretty fucking obvious to me...

I had two teachers in high school French lessons - one who was born in France, and one from Quebec. Their accents did sound quite different in English and en francais. And my accent while speaking French (badly) is part France, part Quebec and (the largest) part just plain awful.

I don't have an accent when speaking English. Okay, maybe just a little bit strine (i.e. an accent where "Australian" can be made to sound like "strine").
Southern Charmer
0 likes
I have a southern accent. When I'm nervous, tired, excited, or if I've been drinking it becomes more pronounced.

I do have a few audios for those that want to hear it.

So I did a thing with leftlingula... 😈 Naughty people, I'm not talking about that. We wrote a story together! I'm very proud of what we've done and we would love for you to read it. It's about a husband and wife remembering who they are together. The fire, their passion, their love, her need to submit to him, and his need to dominate her. All rolled into one beautiful connection. It all started with one simple word...
Nightshade Part 1

Nightshade: Part 2

Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Quote by DamonX

I listened to your poem and I heard no accent. Although, I'm sure if you were a bit drunk and speaking casually it might come out.

I've noticed people from Ohio (excluding the southeast) have a subtle accent that you can detect when they say words like "hold" and "told." They tend to pronounce it "hode" and "tode." I didn't hear that with you though.

I've lived with a guy from northern Ohio for years so I'm probably starting to talk like him. lol Also, I'm the only girl from my mother's side of the family who finished college with two degrees, so that tends to ameliorate any Southern Ohio tendencies.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
South African
Stories I have published.

I lose my virginity when my brothers girlfriend gives me a girlfriend experience. The Girlfriend Experience
I lose my virginity to my best friends girlfriend behind his back. Lost Keys
I can’t resist temptation when my stepdaughter asks me to teach her about sex. Letters From Mom
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have a Jersey accent... I was born and raised there.. I left there and moved south but my accent never left with me
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I kin tawk cuntry/redneck/hillbilly - is that there one-a them thar axscents? (I also have been known to go Scottish on occasion too!)