Paula Deen (0 votes) 0%
Bobby Flay (1 vote) 9%
Giada De Laurentiis (0 votes) 0%
Mario Batali (0 votes) 0%
Nigella Lawson (2 votes) 18%
Other (share who and why) (11 votes) 100%
Lurker
0 likes
I love food. I love to cook, bake, and even go grocery shopping. I seem to always have the Food Network on my TV. I love getting ideas for a meal! (I will let Dudealicious answer what wine to pair with the meal!)

Thinking about the top chefs, who would you like to spend some time with?

That can be as innocent as learning how to cook something, just a chit chat over a meal, or getting a bit naughty with?
Lurker
0 likes
A few photos ..... in case you don't know what they look like (as if looks mean they can cook! lol)

here's Giada:

here's Bobby:

here's Nigella:
Lurker
0 likes
None of the media chefs for me thanks. I was/am classically trained, spending time in Le Cordon Bleu in Paris in the late 80s as well as 3 other schools in the 90s and don't really care for what they are and what they stand for. A few of them like to say they attended "culinary" schools and I get a smile out of that.
If I could I would spend some time with Auguste Escoffier as well as Antoine Careme. They are the fathers of fine cooking to me. As for media chefs, before she was one, Julia was a fantastic cook from what I've seen and heard. So it would be interesting to meet her.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I picked other because my favorite is ChefKathleen !
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
None of the media chefs for me thanks. I was/am classically trained, spending time in Le Cordon Bleu in Paris in the late 80s as well as 3 other schools in the 90s and don't really care for what they are and what they stand for. A few of them like to say they attended "culinary" schools and I get a smile out of that.
If I could I would spend some time with Auguste Escoffier as well as Antoine Careme. They are the fathers of fine cooking to me. As for media chefs, before she was one, Julia was a fantastic cook from what I've seen and heard. So it would be interesting to meet her.

can i be you? smile
Lurker
0 likes
Me I would have to pick the sexy and alluring chefkat ... I myself can say I can cook up a few mean meals. So I would like to spend time with the kat to share a recipe or two.

Now for the television 'chefs' I would like to spend time with Guy Fieri and Anne Burrell. I think we could turn a town upside down and "paint the town red".
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Definitely non main stream Chefs for me
“I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.”~Frank Sinatra~
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I want little Miss and chef catering my next party.
I heard they bring girls out of cakes and everything!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen

hey .... sorry I didn't include you in the Top Chefs .... my thoughts were on the Food Network ....

maybe kill the thread??
Lurker
0 likes
Of course not Yahtzee. This is a good time. I can see why some of the people would want to spend time with Giada De Laurentiis. Her grandpa was a famous director. Plus she's really pretty. She's known as the boob chef cause of the clothes she wears.
Paula Deen just cracks me up. She is what she is. Take her or leave her. Seems like a fairly normal southern cook. Her back story is interesting too.
There was one a few years ago. I can't remember his name. He was forced off the air, I think he was mostly PBS, for "handling" young boys. Or something like that. But was supposed to be a hell of a cook.

btw, I am by no means a "top chef". But thanks for the offer.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
Of course not Yahtzee. This is a good time. I can see why some of the people would want to spend time with Giada De Laurentiis. Her grandpa was a famous director. Plus she's really pretty. She's known as the boob chef cause of the clothes she wears.
Paula Deen just cracks me up. She is what she is. Take her or leave her. Seems like a fairly normal southern cook. Her back story is interesting too.
There was one a few years ago. I can't remember his name. He was forced off the air, I think he was mostly PBS, for "handling" young boys. Or something like that. But was supposed to be a hell of a cook.

well, out of 7 posts prior to your last one, you were the focus of 5 of them.

apparently you should have a word with the Food Network about obtaining your own show.
Lurker
0 likes

I like this guy, he's funny and I love his TV shows. He's interesting and cares about where the food comes from, grows his own... Honestly, watch his River Cottage series.

He also went on a huge campaign regarding the rearing of chickens.

I like Jamie Oliver too and I think that it's a shame that the media kind of turned on him a bit.

Would love to spend an evening with these guys. It would be so interesting...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I saw this post and had to post. I do all the cooking in the house, by choice, and learned from the best....my Italian Mom. I have however had the privaledge to meet Bobby Flay (at his MESA Grill in Vegas), and Giada DeLaurentis at a food show in Buffalo, NY, and Rachael Ray in Albany, NY at a nightclub when her husbands' band was playing a gig. When I am not on Lush (or my wife), I am glued to the Food Network. Some names that aren't on the list that could be are: Alton Brown and Claire Robinson. Alton really has to be my favorite, followed by Bobby Flay. Each of the chefs (btw, Rachael Ray is actually NOT a chef, by trade) have their own personalities, so it really is difficult to pick the TOP Chef!
"Sometimes you have to believe in someone else's belief in you before the belief in yourself kicks in" ~Les Brown
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Yahtzee
Quote by chefkathleen

well, out of 7 posts prior to your last one, you were the focus of 5 of them.

apparently you should have a word with the Food Network about obtaining your own show.

That's cause I spoil them by cooking topless and offering free booze.
I couldn't do a tv show. They'd hate that I'd want to do it the right way instead of taking short cuts. Plus I don't wear the bling that guy fieri wears.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
chefkathleen wrote: "There was one a few years ago. I can't remember his name. He was forced off the air, I think he was mostly PBS, for "handling" young boys. Or something like that. But was supposed to be a hell of a cook."

You're thinking of Jeff Smith who did a show called "The Frugal Gourmet." He wrote a number of cookbooks as well, most, or maybe all of them with "Frugal Gourmet," somewhere in the title. He left PBS in 1997 after being accused of sexual abuse of teenage boys.
"Happiness is doing it rotten your own way."Isaac Asimov (1994)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If it weren't for tv chefs, I wouldn't know how to cook anything, beyond boiling the crap out of stuff.

And my pick would be Jamie Oliver. His style is the one I can follow the most, I like his personality and what he tries to accomplish. His first tv series is the one that made me feel like cooking can be an expression, as easy as smiling. smile How he cooks is the way I want to eat - simple and earthy.

I guess I just don't have a palate for the 'right way'. ;)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Robert Irvine all the way great chef and what a body that man has Mmmmm I bet he cooks in all kinds of ways! English too and I love English men those sexy hunks....

Bunny12

Bunny Rabbits cute and fuzzy they want to love you but they have razor sharp teeth - don't piss them off!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by standingbear
chefkathleen wrote: "There was one a few years ago. I can't remember his name. He was forced off the air, I think he was mostly PBS, for "handling" young boys. Or something like that. But was supposed to be a hell of a cook."

You're thinking of Jeff Smith who did a show called "The Frugal Gourmet." He wrote a number of cookbooks as well, most, or maybe all of them with "Frugal Gourmet," somewhere in the title. He left PBS in 1997 after being accused of sexual abuse of teenage boys.

That was it SB! I think he died as well. I never heard if he was exonerated or not. I found him interesting when I was younger. A lot of the media "chefs" have their appeal to some people or else they wouldn't have tv shows.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Bunny12
Robert Irvine all the way great chef and what a body that man has Mmmmm I bet he cooks in all kinds of ways! English too and I love English men those sexy hunks....

Do you think he's got those muscles from all the beating by hand he does?
Lurker
0 likes
Gino" D'Acampo - He's an Italian chef on UK TV. He's really irreverent plus he's hawt(smiles)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hmmm good thread...

For current tv personality chefs, I'd like to hang with Guy Fieri

For good ol' southern food, give me Paula Deen

For quality Cajun food, I'll take Paul Prudhomme or Justin Wilson or John Folse

For sex, I'll take Chef Kathleen...oops, that doesn't belong here.

For the most part the cooking that really hits me where it counts; in the stomach. My mom's chicken and dumplings. My dad's brisket. In fact, just about anything my dad cooks is as good as most any meal I've had in any restaraunt.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Graham Kerr - The Galloping Gourmet (from the 1960s) This guy was hilarious and always drinking wine while cooking.

Kerr was born in London, and his parents were established hoteliers. As a result, much of his childhood was spent among some of the most outstanding chefs of Europe. Educated at the independent school Brighton College, he became trainee manager at the Roebuck Hotel in East Sussex, England, when he was just fifteen years old. After five years in the British Army as catering adviser, Graham became General Manager of England's Royal Ascot Hotel.

Kerr moved to New Zealand in 1958, becoming chief chef catering adviser for the Royal New Zealand Air Force. It was there that his media career began in the early 1960s: his recipes were delivered on radio and in magazines, and a related book, Entertaining with Kerr, sold out its first edition in eight days. He moved into television with the emergence of the new medium in New Zealand, after being recruited by NZBC producer Shirley Maddock.

Later The Galloping Gourmet, a show named for Kerr's onscreen persona, was taped in Ottawa at CJOH-TV and produced by his wife Treena Kerr. The origin of his "Galloping Gourmet" persona stemmed from a 1967 book he co-authored with wine expert Len Evans, The Galloping Gourmets. They got their nickname from a 35-day worldwide trek to the finest restaurants around the globe. The title was echoed in the opening of each episode of his original North American series, filmed in front of a live audience, where Kerr entered the stage area by running in and leaping over a chair in the dining room set.

The series was known for its lighthearted humour, tomfoolery and the copious use of clarified butter, cream and fat. Indeed, Graham's most famous line on the show might have been his response to someone's criticism of his cooking: "Madame, you could go outside and get run over by a bus and just think what you would have missed!" Graham also liberally featured wine, serving it with most meals, drinking it while cooking, using it in his dishes, and waxing poetic about its virtues. In an ongoing feature of the show, Kerr would make his way into the audience as the closing credits began and select an audience member (usually female) whom he would invite onstage with him to enjoy whatever dish he had just prepared. During The Galloping Gourmet's successful run, Graham became a worldwide sensation, wrote an abundance of cookbooks, and earned two Emmy Award nominations. One particularly amusing episode featured Kerr making the British dessert known as "Spotted Dick."
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I'm not that well versed on Chefs and exotic cooking, but.... I would like to spend 'quality time' with naked Chef Brian.

Okay, okay, so he might not be particularly skilled in the advanced culinary department, but at the very least, I'll bet he would be good at tossing my salad.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale
Graham Kerr - The Galloping Gourmet (from the 1960s) This guy was hilarious and always drinking wine while cooking.

Kerr was born in London, and his parents were established hoteliers. As a result, much of his childhood was spent among some of the most outstanding chefs of Europe. Educated at the independent school Brighton College, he became trainee manager at the Roebuck Hotel in East Sussex, England, when he was just fifteen years old. After five years in the British Army as catering adviser, Graham became General Manager of England's Royal Ascot Hotel.

Kerr moved to New Zealand in 1958, becoming chief chef catering adviser for the Royal New Zealand Air Force. It was there that his media career began in the early 1960s: his recipes were delivered on radio and in magazines, and a related book, Entertaining with Kerr, sold out its first edition in eight days. He moved into television with the emergence of the new medium in New Zealand, after being recruited by NZBC producer Shirley Maddock.

Later The Galloping Gourmet, a show named for Kerr's onscreen persona, was taped in Ottawa at CJOH-TV and produced by his wife Treena Kerr. The origin of his "Galloping Gourmet" persona stemmed from a 1967 book he co-authored with wine expert Len Evans, The Galloping Gourmets. They got their nickname from a 35-day worldwide trek to the finest restaurants around the globe. The title was echoed in the opening of each episode of his original North American series, filmed in front of a live audience, where Kerr entered the stage area by running in and leaping over a chair in the dining room set.

The series was known for its lighthearted humour, tomfoolery and the copious use of clarified butter, cream and fat. Indeed, Graham's most famous line on the show might have been his response to someone's criticism of his cooking: "Madame, you could go outside and get run over by a bus and just think what you would have missed!" Graham also liberally featured wine, serving it with most meals, drinking it while cooking, using it in his dishes, and waxing poetic about its virtues. In an ongoing feature of the show, Kerr would make his way into the audience as the closing credits began and select an audience member (usually female) whom he would invite onstage with him to enjoy whatever dish he had just prepared. During The Galloping Gourmet's successful run, Graham became a worldwide sensation, wrote an abundance of cookbooks, and earned two Emmy Award nominations. One particularly amusing episode featured Kerr making the British dessert known as "Spotted Dick."

I think I heard he had a heart attack. Now he's into healthy, low fat, low cal. low flavor.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by lafayettemister
Hmmm good thread...

For the most part the cooking that really hits me where it counts; in the stomach. My mom's chicken and dumplings. My dad's brisket. In fact, just about anything my dad cooks is as good as most any meal I've had in any restaraunt.

I loved Justin. Shu-ston. As he used to say. And Paul is a good one too.

I'll cook you up a mess o these any 'ol time.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
Quote by lafayettemister
Hmmm good thread...

I loved Justin. Shu-ston. As he used to say. And Paul is a good one too.

I'll cook you up a mess o these any 'ol time.

Mmmm, now you're talking. As Justin would say, I garronteee! Here you go, Justin making chicken and andouille gumbo...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Lurker
0 likes
Good 'ol Justin. My husband has a skydiving buddy that's Cajun. Sounds so much like him.8QxycTpDEcJ6QPSS