Login

Suggest Ways to Kill Time Under While Quarantine

last reply
28 replies
1.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Maker of Mediocre Jokes
I didn't see a post suggesting ways to spend your time during quarantine/lockdown/COVID-19, so I figured I'd start one. What are you doing with your abundance of time? Feel like giving a suggestion for ways. I further suggest leaning towards things that people might not be aware of. Everyone is aware of netflix, but have you used Kanopy or the Criterion channel?
I'll start

I've been binging on the Frontline Documentary series from PBS, freely available on their website. Lots of great topics.
Using the heck out of my Library's digital services, for ebooks.
Streaming from Kanopy
Writing for Lush
My library has free access (ie. they don't count against our 4 streams a month) to the Great Courses on Kanopy so I've been watching a lecture series on the Arthurian legends. I did a course on it in university but it's one of my favorite literary themes and the prof in my uni course was a terrible teacher. So far I like this one much better. She did good coverage of the historical roots and early sources, now we're heading into the real meat of the medieval romances.

I am working from home, though, so my viewing time is still pretty much what it has always been: evenings and weekends.
Active Ink Slinger
There are so many, and under each one there are often a lot of ways to do it.
For example, you could take an online course on almost anything, like learning how to play chess well.
(a) You could work on your openings
(b) You could work on your middle game
(c) You could work on your endgame.
(d) You could work on any of these when you have the white pieces
(e) You could work on any of these when you have the black pieces
(f) You could work on any of the above (a to e) to improve your offensive game
(g) ditto, to improve your defensive game.
(h) You could do any of the above for just one kind of piece: a king, a queen, a knight, a bishop, etc.
(i) You could do any of the above using the mathematical possibilities as shown on line that have been worked out with a computer.
(j) You could study any or all of the above by watching the great masters use them in actual games.
(k) You could use both (i) & (j) together.
This could go on for a lifetime. Some people do that and make a good living by winning games at tournament.
That list is seemingly endless.

Then you could be involved in the art/craft of making the materials used in playing the game. None is easy, and each involves a lot of work and research.
For example, in my family, my father was a skilled wood carver, and burnisher, and made many beautiful set of pieces, used by some very skilled players, or as a form of decoration in a game room.
My brother was a Master, so he made his living playing in tournaments.
As a hobby, I love to make the actual chessboard itself. There are so many ways that can be done. I have gotten some pretty fair prices for some of my boards.
No, they are not all alike.

Some people collect chess sets in a whole array of different ways.

I hope you can see that just around the game of chess, there are many thousands of interesting things you could do.
But more importantly, you could do millions of things, with that kind of specificity.
Moreover, there I have just uses and analytic method to work out the above lists.
One could work on one thing by creating whole new spin offs of an already existing game.

There is no need for anyone to be bored.
The Linebacker
If you have a yard, get out in the yard, toss balls, play fetch with the dog, play croquet. Shoot hoops if you have a goal. Stay active. Start doing sit ups and push ups. Catch up on home projects. Order some flower seeds and plant a flower garden. Deep clean your house.

...and throw lawn darts at the cranky neighbor. (Not really, unless you want to spend quarantine in the county jail.)

Active Ink Slinger

My gym is closed down so I ride the bike or run the 155 steps at Rocky River
Her Royal Spriteness
Invade Scotland.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Gentleman Stranger
Been playing with my dogs, catching up on chores like lawn mowing (finally stopped freaking raining!!) and that type of thing, but I see a Game of Thrones marathon in my near future.
Lurker
I've been running and setting up obstacle courses in one of our storage facilities.
Active Ink Slinger
Quote by UltimatePleasures
I've been running and setting up obstacle courses in one of our storage facilities.

I will get the bar out for you to jump over

Our Stories Hellcat - OUR LATEST TALE
Lovers-Tryst
Tantalizing-Pleasures
Taken
Craving-him
A-Naughty-Christmas
Always Yours Eye-am-yours
Stories of Lana and Evan Cornucopia, Morning Delights, Tropical Escape
Oceans of-Love, Visions of You, Dream a Little Dream, That Attraction
RR - Sci Fi - The Thief and The Stolen Heart

Quote by GraceW
take some of the toilet paper you are hoarding and stand naked in your front window. wrap yourself completely in the TP, being sure to accentuate your boobies or willy. Both, if you have both. Hold up two signs saying "Whatever you got" and "I don't want it".

Just stay away from candles, TP burns like a bitch.
Rainbow Warrior
Guys? Take dick pics and send them to Sprite.

Girls? Take boobie pics and send them to me!
Active Ink Slinger
Quote by Hotrod927

My gym is closed down so I ride the bike or run the 155 steps at Rocky River

I'm at a loss since my gym is closed. I thought about riding my bike but since it's been raining for about 10 days straight that's a little difficult. Glad somebody can get out and ride.
Start a jigsaw puzzle
Finish the outer frame
Try to fill in the middle
Push all the pieces on to the floor
Walk away swearing
Start over
Active Ink Slinger
Read War and Peace, and learn how to play the tuba
Her Royal Spriteness
Quote by Beffer
Guys? Take dick pics and send them to Sprite.

Girls? Take boobie pics and send them to me!

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
Quote by vanessa26
Harass whoever your quarantined with ( lovingly of course )

I think I could live with that when it is that face I am looking at.
Active Ink Slinger
I like to play my favorite songs list and sing along.
Active Ink Slinger
I guess I'm not original. For me, this is fitness, and then relaxation at the TV with channels about nature.
Butterfly
Eat, sleep and lots of fucking... ok some texting too lol
Scribble and Dribble
Write a hot story about your most memorable sexual encounter.