Login

School Subjects

last reply
28 replies
2.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
What class that you took in school has helped you out the most in life?
Active Ink Slinger
Tough call between calculus and chemistry. But then again my job is kinda technical, lol.
Lush Legend
Everything I use in my life today I learned in Kindergarten.....and coloring was my favorite....lol
"Love all, trust a few, and do wrong to none."
Matriarch
^ LOL.

English, Economics and Marketing, if we're counting "School" to include University as well.
Active Ink Slinger
I took Beginning Walking and Jogging in college for a PE credit. Who knows where I would be without having taken that class!
Lollipop Girl
english even tho i cant spell worth shit lol
"Haters make me FAMOUS!!!"

Sassy
Lurker
I would have to say English Literature, I tell off people and they don't know it lol.
Lurker
Basic math, english,science that I learned in HS that you had to pass or not graduate. None that I learned in Uni for four years, as I didn't go into my chosen profession. Although it did come in handy for a few years when I went into an alt. profession.
Lurker
Hard knocks,, and I"m still an undergraduate of the screw U college!
Lurker
Math, science, astronomy, and Introduction To Incessant Pumping-101.
Active Ink Slinger
English and history, for the type of work I do for a living. Didn't graduate from college, but got a Ph.D. at the School of Hard Knocks.

www.szadvntures.com

Latest story:

• TBD

• Bump in the Night-Microfiction

• Smoke Break-Interracial

Active Ink Slinger
Quote by roccotool
Introduction To Incessant Pumping-101.

*Makes a note on her Post-it notes.... stop speed reading!

I read that as Introduction to Incessant Pimping!!!

I would have to say Peer-Mediation and Psychology has helped me the most at this stage in my life. But the ones I found most interesting are the science ones. I have a pocket protector!!!! WOOT!
Living life and enjoying life are two different things... just need to figure out how to do both at the same time to live it right!

Woman... GO FLY A KITE!!!!! Take a slideshow walk with me on a walk through the parks of Inner Mongolia, China. Then enjoy the tale of a very traditional day in the life of a white Woman in China.
Active Ink Slinger
Ahhhhh! I cannot see!!!!

*walks away cursing the Great Firewall of China for blocking Roccotool's post!!!

Can someone describe it?
Living life and enjoying life are two different things... just need to figure out how to do both at the same time to live it right!

Woman... GO FLY A KITE!!!!! Take a slideshow walk with me on a walk through the parks of Inner Mongolia, China. Then enjoy the tale of a very traditional day in the life of a white Woman in China.
Lurker
It's Flyguy, from the movie, "I'm Gonna Git You Sucka". I realize you can't see Youtube behind the China firewall.
Lurker
It's Huggy Bear!! LOL
Lurker
Latin was talking with the dead
Active Ink Slinger
I hated school. I was lucky to get out alive!
Cheeky Chick
I wouldn't say 'helped' me, but the ones I liked to learn most is English and History.
Lurker
English, for sure! I wasn't good at many other subjects!
Active Ink Slinger
History
Active Ink Slinger
What Classes In School Have Helped You Out Thee Most In Your Everyday Life? The Classes That Have Been Helping Me Out The Most Are Basic Math And Basic Reading In Elementary School.
Lurker
Quote by slipperywhenwet2012
The one that helped me out the most was actually the one that drastically changed my life and chosen career path, and it wasn't even MY class.

A friend of mine was a bio major and he was taking an ecology course related to marine life as an elective. He had fallen behind due to some personal problems, and his professor threw him a bone and invited him out on his boat to collect marine samples and such and then do a written assignment on it. My friend told him it sounded kinda boring, so the professor said "Fine then, bring a friend." As it so happens, I was the friend. I loved it. I rolled up my jeans and trudged in the mud. I really enjoyed every second of it. I got more involved with the overall project than my friend. I enrolled in that same course the following semester. That same semester I also changed my major from pre-med Chemistry major and switched to marine bio. It was the scariest thing I've ever done, as my life was already pretty much planned out. My goal was to be a medical researcher. It was alarming to me as well as my parental units to switch career paths so suddenly and drastically, but I regret nothing.

Story Time brought to you by: Danielle
That is nice. Sometimes the simplest event or coincidence do change our lives permanently.
Lurker
For me it would be English, Math, Personality Development, P.E., Physics (helpful especially on crowded trains), Hazard Analysis on Food, Nutrition, Psychology and Asian Cuisine smile Oh, can I just say every subject except this communication subject in which the prof is a dirty old ? Yeah. :)

Acting. It boosted my confidence a lot and made me less shy.