Justifiable ways to burn money

last reply
19 replies
1.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Some things we're happy to splash out for but others not at all.

What do you feel is a justifiable extravagance and what are you loathe to spend too much on?
{allba115-feed-5eed-facedeadbeef}
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Me, I'm quite happy to splash out on nice food/wine at restaurants. Quite like 4/5 star hotels etc rather than roughing it.

Stuff I can't be bothered with are cars, designer labels, jewellery, non-essential gadgets.
{allba115-feed-5eed-facedeadbeef}
Ungovernable
0 likes
Lush premium membership gets a 'yes'. Taking a nice day trip (thankfully live close enough to some great places so as not to have to spring for an overnight stay). The right gift.

Stuff I won't spend on: movies, smartphone (don't have one, not getting one), streaming services, jewelry (bf knows I don't want an engagement ring), designer anything.

(cue Nina Simone: My Baby Just Cares For Me)
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I make frequent and substantial contributions to liberal and environmental causes, local charities and progressive political candidates. I'm currently paying one of my boyfriend's way through college so he doesn't get encumbered with crushing student loan debt. I don't like being ostentatious. I dress well, but I'm not into designer fashion. I avoid shopping at Wal-Mart, but I'll patronize some of their competitors. I have a high income but I drive a 2011 CRV and a 2014 Mustang. The only thing I really splurge on is first-class air travel and luxury hotel accommodations on trips. I never dine at fast food restaurants, but neither do I dine at 5-star restaurants. I'm a lavish tipper because I used to work in a restaurant one summer in college and know how hard servers work for their tips, and how little they get paid hourly. Diamonds are not my best friend, and I wear mostly Native American crafted jewelry sparingly. My phone is rather pedestrian, issued by my company, but I do spend a lot on computers: I only use top-of-the-line Macbook Pros, because I hate Windows and the malware they're susceptible to.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Having daughters burns up most of my money justifiably. smile Also: Travel. Good computers. Books and music. Nice restaurants. Theater and music tickets.
living dead girl
0 likes
Things I have 0 issue spending money on ( not in any order )
1. Charities
2. My cats
3. Coffee
4. Sushi
5. Books
6. Movies
7. Travel
8. My mom
9. Gym membership
10. clothes
11. My husband

Things I don't want to spend money on
1. The newest high tech ..updating constantly is wasteful
2. New video games ( I prefer classic )
3. paying to download anything
The Linebacker
0 likes
Things l splurge on:

My wife
Cars
Motorcycles
Food
Flying First Class
Guitars
Pinball Machines
Football & Baseball tickets
Concerts
Charities
Gym
...now looking for a weekend/vacation second home on a mountain area lake.
0 likes
I splurge on exquisite lingerie, vintage/antique/estate jewellery, and rare books.

Books are probably my biggest fund sinkhole--I collect first edition, first printing, signed books. My most prized (although not the most expensive in my collection) is a 1st/1st/Fine signed copy of Theodore Roosevelt's Through The Brazilian Wilderness. It's about a 25/75 split between books printed pre-1920 and books printed after that date; the oldest set in my collection is a three-volume set called, rather unremarkably, Acts of Congress. There are only about a hundred of these sets still known to exist, and I have one of those sets--published in 1791 and signed by the senator to whom it was presented.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Troublemaker
0 likes
Won't splurge on: cell phones, cars, latest gadgets, most clothes

Will splurge: perfect gift for someone special, super soft cotton shirts, ice cream, travel experiences, bicycles, books and of course: premium beverages
Princess Popsicle
0 likes
I'll happily splash the cash on gifts for people, good wine, anything for the kid, stuff for the house, amazing holidays and experiences.

I fucking loathe paying P&P for anything and I'm not bothered about brands either.
If you like first time, bisexual or teen then please read this and help make it famous!

My First Time With a Girl
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I’ve been spending quite a bit of money on experiences lately (concerts, theme parks, museums, etc) and although my savings account rings hollow some days, I take solace knowing that I’ll look back and be grateful that I took the opportunity to do things when I did. Additionally, donations to charities, churches, and children’s fund raisers never leave me with the slightest sense of remorse or regret.

I can’t think of a good tagline so this will have to do. Suggest a better one for me?

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My clothes have always given me great pleasure, and while I spend too much on everything from shoes to panties, I don't regret it. What I do regret is the cost of car repair and maintenance, replacing major appliances in my home.
Troublemaker
0 likes
Buying your friends toys at the Lush store.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Things I like spending money on- I never feel bad treating my friends to meals, bottles of wine or high quality whiskey. Experiences- trips with my wife so that we have experiences we can share, like our upcoming trip to Scotland.

Things I try not to spend money on- smart phones, cable television, electronic toys
Devils Temptress
0 likes
Generally I don’t often spend money on myself except I do find it very difficult to walk away from a nice pair of shoes. I take great pleasure In spending money on others, a good bottle of wine or a nice meal.
I wouldn’t buy anything designer - unless it's a pair of Louboutins ?
Saucy Little Minx ♥️
0 likes
Quote by LYFBUZ
Buying your friends toys at the Lush store.

Hi want to be my new best friend
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
music, buying the things my kids "need"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I might be in the minority, but performance cars. Absolutely have no problem with spending the money, and I love every minute I'm driving one. Music equipment and dining out are also high on the list.

I hate spending too much money on sneakers, shoes, or boots. Don't like spending money on clothes either.
**Shameless Plug - Latest Story**

Off-Market Listings
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I own a boat. Boat stands for, "Bust out another thousand". Its one of the few things I spend money on that gives me pleasure.
0 likes
I think that if I was going to start splurging more, it would be on things like plays, concerts, movies, and such. Artistic experiences. We do spend a lot on travel in our family, as we all enjoy seeing new places and things. Things like housing and cars, I'll just take enough to keep me comfortable. For instance, my Hondas may not be pinnacles of luxury or performance, but they are comfortable enough and do the job of moving us from point to point without too much trouble.