Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Is the original Die Hard movie a Christmas movie?

last reply
22 replies
1.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Whistling on my journey
0 likes
Is the original Die Hard movie a Christmas movie?

Please post your thoughts and/or pictures

My latest two micros

Party Dreams

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/flash-erotica/party-dreams

Jane's Need

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/flash-erotica/janes-need

0 likes
No, because in the end, the plot has nothing to do with Christmas. I first saw it as a young kid, and I never saw it as a Christmas movie. It just takes place on that time of year. So, by that logic, I guess the Home Alone movies aren't Christmas movies either. The family just went on vacation then, that's all, so they could push in the Christmas theme. I mean no disrespect, but just like people's feeling on the orange jackass in the white house, their minds are made up, so this is a pointless discussion if you ask me.

For a movie to be a Christmas movie, there has to be a real Christmas theme to it. Jingle All The Way for example, Arnold Schwarzenegger going shopping for a Turbo Man action figure to give his son as gift for Christmas. Christmas Vacation, the Grinch movies, Christmas With The Kranks, and of course A Christmas Story. I'll be home for Christmas, Johnathan Taylor Thomas was trying to make it home cross country to make it home for Christmas. I love Die hard, I always have, but its NOT a Christmas movie.

Furthermore, why the hell is it only a question of the first one? The second one takes place on Christmas too. I fully realize it may not make sense for me to point that out, but still I wonder why. I truly believe there's a difference between a Christmas movie, and a movie just having the holiday attached to it in some way. The second one is the case for Die Hard, period. If there was a Santa Claus, he wouldn't give someone a machine gun. Its funny, and ironic, but that still doesn't pull it into the Christmas movie genre if you'd like to call it that.

Technically, this is an opinion question, but I don't believe it is. Either Die Hard is a Christmas movie or it isn't, but obviously, people can see things very differently. To put this in a little better context of my point of view, if the original Rambo just happened to take place on Christmas, where the sheriff that bullied him was wearing a Santa hat or whatever, would that make it qualify as a Christmas movie? Or if Mrs. Doubtfire took place then, and even had her dress as Santa for little Natalie, would that work too? You be the judge.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Ok, well, I don't want to be that logical about it. It's more fun to think of it as a Christmas movie, so it's a Christmas movie.
Force of Nature
0 likes
Jeremy, I'm not going to call you an idiot because I know you are not, but you are dead wrong.

Die Hard takes place, start to finish, at the office Christmas party. That, in my not so humble opinion, makes it a Christmas movie. It's an action movie with a very clear Christmas setting. There is even a Christmas present for those lucky enough to see the villain plummet to his death.

Looks like we're in for a nasty spell of wether.

Gracie Goes To Hollywood's - True

The Night They Tried to Close RUMPLATIONS Bar (with JamesLlewellyn)

0 likes
Quote by GraceW
Jeremy, I'm not going to call you an idiot because I know you are not, but you are dead wrong.

Die Hard takes place, start to finish, at the office Christmas party. That, in my not so humble opinion, makes it a Christmas movie. It's an action movie with a very clear Christmas setting. There is even a Christmas present for those lucky enough to see the villain plummet to his death.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
Southern Barefoot Angel
0 likes
I think it's a Christmas movie.
Just a Girl in the World
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
No
I’ve never considered it to be a Christmas movie. Same with trading places, the wizard of oz,
the sound of music or the great escape.
Each to their own though
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I will never not think of Alan Rickman's "Ho. Ho. Ho." when I think about the movie.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes, it is. I've always thought it was.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Il go yes lol
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It’s about as much of a Christmas movie as Eyes Wide Shut.

I can’t think of a good tagline so this will have to do. Suggest a better one for me?

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Its a movie about a man trying to reunite with his estranged wife on Christmas eve. That's what drives the plot. Reuniting family is a common Christmas theme. He just needs to kill some bad guys first.
The Linebacker
0 likes

Ho Ho Ho
Princess Popsicle
0 likes
It's not Christmas without Hans Gruber trying it on, only for the devoted cop to overcome hurdles, helping people in the process and ultimately saving the day, and Christmas. How is not a Christmas film?!
If you like first time, bisexual or teen then please read this and help make it famous!

My First Time With a Girl
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes, absolutely.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes, yes it is
Whistling on my journey
0 likes
Yes it is even now at the end of January.......... and still a Christmas story

My latest two micros

Party Dreams