Insomnia

last reply
249 replies
16.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Normal Adjacent
0 likes
Post your stories, remedies, poems, pics, really just about anything relating to dealing with insomnia.

A poem I wrote awhile ago about my on and off again love affair with sleep.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-poems/i-still-dream-of-you.aspx

0 likes
Yeah!!! Hi Gill
I aim to not be a regular here.
However, I am sure I will be. Right now it's daytime so I don't belong, see you in 12 hours *sigh*
0 likes
When you're counting down the hours you have left to sleep...

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Gillianleeeza
Post your stories, remedies, poems, pics, really just about anything relating to dealing with insomnia.

A poem I wrote awhile ago about my on and off again love affair with sleep.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-poems/i-still-dream-of-you.aspx

We have discussed this sweetheart and I am with you in this battle.
I have tried every claimed cure save liquor and drugs. My problem is not falling asleep. It is staying asleep.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sweetsinner
Yeah!!! Hi Gill
I aim to not be a regular here.
However, I am sure I will be. Right now it's daytime so I don't belong, see you in 12 hours *sigh*

I am usually around, so you can say Hi and talk to me.
Troublemaker
0 likes
I've been an insomniac since I was kid, I never worry its just my brain won't stop exploring the universe (or the potential universe, or the potential if there was no universe, the alternate universes or the universal potential of all)
potential remedies: drink warm milk before bed, try valerian root tea, make sure you exercise regularly and stick to a regular sleep/wake pattern

or just stay up and write naughty stories...
Normal Adjacent
0 likes
Quote by LYFBUZ
I've been an insomniac since I was kid, I never worry its just my brain won't stop exploring the universe (or the potential universe, or the potential if there was no universe, the alternate universes or the universal potential of all)
potential remedies: drink warm milk before bed, try valerian root tea, make sure you exercise regularly and stick to a regular sleep/wake pattern

or just stay up and write naughty stories...

I've tried many remedies over the years as well. Not the tea, I don't like tea. I have tried valerian root in other forms. My biggest problem is you don't sleep so you come home from work tired and then fall asleep and that messes up your entire sleep schedule. I try not to do it but that means I can never sit down after work at all, lol.

For now I stay up and read and try to write naughty stories. I just need to edit when I am completely awake or I'll never post another full length story again. My brain lacks the clarity to edit in the middle of the night.

Thank you for your advice.
Fancy Schmancy
0 likes
This is more a "share" than anything else - I don't really have any answers: My sleeplessness tends to occur towards morning. Most times, I don't have trouble falling asleep -- just staying asleep. I will wake up between 4-5 and sometimes it is very difficult to get back to sleep, although I don't usually have to get up before 7 on work days. If I lie there for a while, I will end up turning on the television. I know that's not supposed to be a good idea, but boredom and frustration win out over "supposed to."
Lady GlitterGiggles
0 likes
Sorry....I'm about to post lots here.....

So....I have been sleeping for nearly 5 hours EVERY night. Sometimes more. The benzos.....NO! They help but you will build a tolerance. I suggest reading Sinnamans stories or anything on a kindle. I swear, my kindle puts me to sleep
Lady GlitterGiggles
0 likes

I don't use an alarm clock anymore. This is why
Lurker
0 likes
Oh yea, I have it every so often. This week being it.... How troublesome. I did write a story around 3 in the morning back in 2014 called Insomnia

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by twmshoncatti
Pass

Keyboard stuck ?? Or is that the only word you can spell ?
Lurker
0 likes
move on
Lady GlitterGiggles
0 likes
Quote by Sinnerman

Keyboard stuck ?? Or is that the only word you can spell ?

thanks. I'll be up all night wondering....which is it then???!!

I'm researching the penguin thingy too
0 likes
Quote by Gillianleeeza

I need this in my life.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
I listen to Coast to Coast on the radio if I can't sleep (which is often). They talk about Lizard people living among us (the Reptillians), whether the Earth is hollow, chemtrails, yadayadayada. More fun than dreaming.
Normal Adjacent
0 likes
Quote by Verbal
I listen to Coast to Coast on the radio if I can't sleep (which is often). They talk about Lizard people living among us (the Reptillians), whether the Earth is hollow, chemtrails, yadayadayada. More fun than dreaming.

Oh, now I am going to have to check that out.