Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

How often do you lie when making comments on lush?

last reply
60 replies
3.5k views
2 watchers
8 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
why lie? If your life is not interesting enough that you have to lie, go out and do something about it Walter Mitty.
Red is the color of sex and signs that say Do Not Enter

The best thing to hear in the middle of the night - Lick Me
Active Ink Slinger
1 like
I don't lie on here. In fact I would think that like me, this is one place where people are more honest about wants, fantasies, desires than they are in real life because it is anonymous. A safe place to explore what you really want...
Lurker
0 likes
Every single thing I type on this site is a lie....hold on....but if i just told the truth there, then it really isn't a lie....ummmm....fuck it, i just made my own head explode.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by doctorlove

To what end?

Is this a problem you think is rife among lushers or are you just trying to find like-minded people?
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
I don't see the point in lying. There may be things I'm not willing to tell or speak about and I make that clear. But some people like to pretend to be someone their not. To each their own.
Lurker
0 likes
What is the point in lying? This is a faceless society so what would be the point? I agree with Josie and think MOST people are more honest here than in their real life.

That said, i suppose I am gullible and like to believe most people tell the truth, even here. ?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I never lie during commenting on a story or forum post. If people are brave enough to ask my opinion on something then they should be brave enough to read my honest report. A lie would not do any good either to my credibility as a reader and scorer or to the author who has asked for feedback. He/She wouldn't strive to improve if all they got are 5's and positive grandiose comments.

To that end... I give this forum topic a four point one on originality and thoughtfulness, although more effort could have been put into a more descriptive opening paragraph and full explanation of the question.

V=4.1
Flash a Trucker... It's appreciated!!

Read my latest story at; http://www.lushstories.com/stories/exhibitionism/a-weekend-at-the-cottage-part-1.aspx
Clever Gem
0 likes
If you feel the need to lie in a comment, why comment at all? Oh wait...unless you want to get some, lol, now i see the logic!!

Senior Analyst
0 likes
It hasn't happened yet. I don't expect it to.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by crazydiamond
If you feel the need to lie in a comment, why comment at all? Oh wait...unless you want to get some, lol, now i see the logic!!

Be honest Ms Diamond you weren't really fooled by that one, you know what a lecherous, sex hungry and devious bunch us Lushies are..... You didn't really think I liked the stuff you used to write did you ?
Brown Sugar
0 likes

*Ask away, Eartha*

Lush is a place where a person can freely express his or her inhibitions. Why, oh why would one come here and lie? Role play is one thing, but lying on comments and such? For what?

To answer your question, I'm pretty straight-forward and blunt.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Possibly

*Ask away, Eartha*

Lush is a place where a person can freely express his or her inhibitions. Why, oh why would one come here and lie? Role play is one thing, but lying on comments and such? For what?

To answer your question, I'm pretty straight-forward and blunt.

I agree, this is where you can let it all out. Why hide here?
Someone has to be the Villain
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I think most liars are easily flushed out on Lush. The membership is sophisticated enough to recognize bullshit when they see it. Most of us tend to be completely honest here because there are few repercussions not to be!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Never, if you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question. Honesty always works best, tact is useful too.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Never, don't see the point, people will see through you in the end anyway
Lurker
0 likes
It isn't a simple issue.
Lying is a deliberate attempt to mislead by wilfully misrepresenting reality past present or future.
It is possible however to lie unconsciously because the information you have is incorrect, or you have been lied to first.
Being economical with the truth is a form of deception, but it isn't necessarily a lie because it may be deployed specifically to spare the feelings of another party.
Similarly a lie may be legitimately deployed to avoid a violent confrontation.
My maxim in life has been to detest liars normally. They do not get forgiven easily, and never ever again qualify for trust.
I never knowingly lie because it will always cause more trouble than it is worth and is totally destructive of truth.
On here there is no point in lying. However there is clearly quite a bit of both embellishment and economy with the "actualite" going on in a forum dedicated to a predilection for fantasy over reality.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I never lie on online forums. I answer the questions or comment on stories honestly. Real authors want to hear the critiques of peers in order to better their writing, not for popularity.

I can't stand when people give genuine responses to stories and the person retaliates by giving 1's on their stories, like really?

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I don't lie in real life so why in the he'll would I lie here?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Never

Fugs
Chuckanator
0 likes
I usually always make positive comments, trying to encourage people. I look for the good but will make suggestions when appropriate. I think some times critics think it is not honest if you are not tearing someone down.
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
0 likes
I don't lie when I make comments. There's really nothing here worth lying about. It's mostly questions about preferences/experiences in regards to sex, or opinions on certain subjects...why lie about what I prefer/have experienced sexually or how I feel about certain things?

I do sugarcoat though. When people ask for advice, I try to be as up front as possible without being unnecessarily harsh. Or I try to tell the truth or give my opinion in a palatable way.

I'm also pretty sarcastic...so that's probably about as close as I get to lying on here.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Lurker
0 likes
When making comments i am honest. Because there is no reason to lie, period.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
But I really AM a ninja assassin!

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by sprite
But I really AM a ninja assassin!

Ninja assassins don't use marshmallows.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Liz

Ninja assassins don't use marshmallows.

Obviously you're not schooled in the way of the candy clan of Fujiyama.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.