Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Hockey vs Football (Soccer)

last reply
16 replies
1.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes

This video clearly illustrates the toughness of CANADIAN hockey players versus football players.
Two football players go down with seemingly horrific injuries despite never being touched. Our valiant Canadian hockey player takes a puck to the head (pucks are frozen hard as rocks for games), needs more than 30 stitches to fix him up, goes back in the game and scores a shorthanded goal. In fact the game-winning goal. Then when he get interviewed he just does that Canadian "Aw shucks" thing 'cos in Canada this ain't no big deal.
I'm not generally into team sports, but I'll take either of these over baseball or American football (including the CFL variant).
Hockey has more action, moves faster, and more violence than soccer. So if having to choose between those two, it's hockey.

For team sports, l'd rather watch football, basketball, and baseball though.
I love the flow of play of both. When footie is on the attack, it is really cool to watch. A beautiful chess movement attack. But hockey is fast and fun. If you can’t skate, play ball hockey.

My two complaints about hockey are these:

1. Players are bigger, stronger, and faster. The ice surface should have been enlarged to international standards years ago. I hate clogged ice.

2. My father-in-law argued this until the day he died. If fighting and rough stuff is part of the game, then run the clock. Don’t stop it. Let that bullshit eat the time. I won’t deny fighting adds unique element to hockey, but times have changed.

It took how many years to get icings blown after the puck crosses the goal line? How many injuries have been prevented because of that previous rush and crash to the boards? Lots. Careers saving rule change. Do the same with fighting. If it’s kept, run the clock. If not, and anyone fights, they are gone and suspended.

Let hockey players play. Skate. Pass. Shoot. Score. Anyone remember Howie Meeker?

However, there is no sporting event like The World Cup. I love it!
Quote by Simplicity
Hockey

That was fucking amazing.
Hockey any day! There's way too much diving and simulation in football now and VAR has just made it even worse.....
Hockey live is pretty awesome, specially if its playoff hockey..

USA football kind of sucks anymore. it was much better in the 80's and 90's ... I sorta remember watching it in the 70's but i was really young then.

I like Baseball, but its like watching paint dry often... Its nice to sit that ballpark in the summer, catch some rays and have a cold one.
Curling.

Don't believe everything that you read.

Football.
https://youtu.be/60zx9B8NlQs

Hurling.. Simple rules, 3 points for a goal, 1 point if it goes over the bar, you can't carry the ball but can run with it balanced on your hurl.

Up until the 1990s, you didnt have to wear a helmet, no padding or armour needed.

2 competition winning stories, 1 Famous story, a smattering of Editor's Picks, a handful of Recommended Reads and one Clitorides award are scattered amongst my stories.

One of a handful of writers to get the Omnium badge for writing in every category

For a book club with a difference... try this lesbian romp

i prefer ice baseball.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

I'm Canadian! ......enough said.....lol
Quote by sprite
i prefer ice baseball.

Figure skating.....lol