Friends

last reply
19 replies
1.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
How many of your Lush friends have you been in contact with apart from the forum in the past year?
Do you ever cull your friendship list?
Lurker
0 likes
First question: none. I keep my Lush friends here and only here!
Second: I go through it occasionally. I have moved some out, and I have noticed that I have been removed by a few too.
I guess it's no different than non Lush life!

How about you, Meggsy?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I try to talk to people when I see we are both on at the same time.
I am not a big friend collector, so if someone makes it onto my friends list, they tend to stay there. Typically the only reason I will remove someone from my friends list is if they are rude or disrespectful toward me. At that point, they aren't treating me like a friend should.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes I have been in contact with maybe 8 or 10 people outside of Lush.

I am not a collector of friends like some that have hundreds of friends. I do purge people from my friends list form time to time. seems they are too busy to stay in contact. I hope they do not take that as a pejorative, just need to keep the house clean.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I contact my friends outside of Lush all the time. I have given my email address out to them and they have shared theirs with me. I like to be able to contact them even when I can't get on Lush for whatever reason. Sometimes getting on Lush isn't possible so this keeps me in touch.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I regularly cull my friends list.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have friended many on LUSH but only chat with a smaller group regularly or interact with them in role play on line, phone, etc.

I do check postings on all friends updates and see profile page and comment.

Only culled one and he got upset over something, I don't recall what, and began a vicious tirade on my page. So I unfriended him and didn't look back. I like folks and like to talk so that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
A determined person with perseverance can overcome many obstacles. They can, many times, perform better than those who are more intelligent, stronger and with better finances by determination and perseverance
Lurker
0 likes
Email, text, , talk on cell phone.

I even got a gift through the mail from someone. From out of the country.

Yahoo messenger as well.

(He got my address because he wanted to send something to me, and he did. I still have the gift.)
Lurker
0 likes
I too trim my friends list from time to time. Sorry but FRIENDS do contact you somewhere at some time. There are a few now who may go by the wayside. If they can't even be bothered to respond to a BB it makes me question WHY we ARE on each others list in the first place.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Yes, quite a few Lush friends have become email contacts, and a few have even joined the lesbian social network I work for. I'm a bit recalcitrant about housekeeping my friend-list. If you get on it in the first place, I want you there, and you have to be guilty of something pretty egregious before I'll kick you off.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am not in contact with most of the people on my friends list. When I first joined I pretty much accepted all friend requests from women and I was a little stricter with the men I accepted. But over time I realized that many here like to collect friends like they do on Facebook. So now I will only accept a request if we have had some contact in forum or I find something about you very interesting.

So right now I say that I probably have about 20 friends I chat with once in a while, maybe 10 that we chat more frequently and about 5 that I chat with very often. A few I also contact via e-mail.

Having said that, I don't chat often with a few of my best friends here but only because its hard with our schedules. But real friends don't need to chat often, I know they are there if I need them! It's the quality and not the quantity!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Cyndy
First question: none. I keep my Lush friends here and only here!
Second: I go through it occasionally. I have moved some out, and I have noticed that I have been removed by a few too.
I guess it's no different than non Lush life!

How about you, Meggsy?

I am very very selective as to who I approve and accept as a friend.
I reject everybody who asks me unless we have been PM'ing each other first and have found we do have something in common apart from just visiting Lush. My policy is to say no unless I have asked them.

My aim is to delete anybody that has not contacted me in the past six months or so.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703
I am not in contact with most of the people on my friends list. When I first joined I pretty much accepted all friend requests from women and I was a little stricter with the men I accepted. But over time I realized that many here like to collect friends like they do on Facebook. So now I will only accept a request if we have had some contact in forum or I find something about you very interesting.

So right now I say that I probably have about 20 friends I chat with once in a while, maybe 10 that we chat more frequently and about 5 that I chat with very often. A few I also contact via e-mail.

Having said that, I don't chat often with a few of my best friends here but only because its hard with our schedules. But real friends don't need to chat often, I know they are there if I need them! It's the quality and not the quantity!!

AGREED! My FL has swollen and some "deadwood" might be on the way OFF of it in the near future. ;) No animosity, just pointlessness.
Senior Analyst
0 likes
Three. I'll cull my friends list if it becomes necessary, but not just to remove people I don't hear from regularly.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
I'm really not that active behind the scenes here on Lush. My interactions in the forum probably represent 95% of the time I spend here.

There are maybe 4-5 persons that I interact with on a more habitual/personal basis, though some of them are quite busy at times and I don't get to talk to them much for a few months; and some of them live in a completely different time-zone, so there's that too. Then there are about 5 other persons that I occasionally interact with, but that's much rarer (maybe 1-3 conversations per year). The rest of my 34 friends I barely interact with.

I'm not exactly closed to the idea of private chats, but let's face it, sometimes they're hard to initiate. A lot of my friends stay invisible, so I don't really know when they're around; those I usually just send a black-box to when I notice that they recently posted a reply in the forums. And I stay invisible myself too, so my friends usually approach me in a similar fashion.

Then I'm mostly on/off here, I do my own things at home and check the forums every now and then to see if there are any updates in interesting threads, so I don't always have a lot of time for long/uninterrupted conversations. And I don't really see the point of sending a black-box completely out of the blue either, in my experience that rarely leads to any meaningful interaction.

If we ever interacted together privately (even once), chances are that you're among those 5-10 lucky people, haha. And don't try to guess who these people are, my Friends-list is mostly in a chronological order; I find the idea of 'ranking' my friends rather silly, they're all interesting to me in a very unique way (even those I don't get to interact with privately).
Lurker
0 likes
The answer to both questions is yes.
I have, or have had, interactions with some, a very small few, outside of lush. This includes email, Skype, text or phone calls.
As for culling my friends list, I do this fairly regularly. At least 3-4 times a year if not more. I am not here to collect friends. If we don't chat, I will eventually delete.
Come to think of it, it's about that time again.
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
Question One: I have contact with several of my friends elsewhere, including e-mail, Facebook, Skype, Kik, and .

Question Two: I don't delete very often, unless given a reason to.
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
0 likes
I'd say I interact with about a handful and a half of the people on my friends list outside of the forum on a regular basis. The ones I connect with the most are the ones I have almost daily black box conversations with that are usually off and on throughout the day.

The bulk of the people on my friends list are those I've met in chat rooms and/or the forum. Among those people, there are those that I just click with, and if that's the case I actively try to get to know and keep in touch with them. Anyone else, I just assume if they're interested, they'll seek me out.

I'm really not one of those who puts great stock in who I do or don't add to my friends list (and right now, I couldn't even tell you how many people are on it). I don't give it much thought, and as long as I don't get a weird or creepy vibe, I'll accept any friend request. If I'm made to feel uncomfortable in any way later on down the line, I'll just delete them.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░