Did your life turn out as expected?

last reply
132 replies
10.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not a chance did I think my life would be what it is today.

Sexually It has been just about the way I have thought it would once I discovered the wonders of the flesh.

But all the rest is so much more than I could have dreamed.

That does not mean that things could not have been done better or differently. But I would never want to change any parts of my past or my life as it turned out. Change one part and others will change along with it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm really not sure what I expected it to be. Some things have been good and some bad but overall its been pretty damn good. I have 3 great daughters, a great partner, a job I like, house that's paid for, great friends, great sex life....................what else can I ask for!!
Lurker
0 likes
It took a long time, but it turned out way better than I thought it would be.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
So far, not even close, but to be continued.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
No. At 16 believed I was headed for the life of a prostitute, even though I had never accepted money for sex.
At boarding school a teacher befriended me after I was excluded from the dormitory for after lights out experiences with other girls.
I was put in a room on my own. A new teacher arrived shortly afterwards and came to my room one evening to get my side of the story, she said. She was a lesbian and we became lovers. We were together for 3 years before I went overseas to model.
I returned after 2 years and took on a job in hospitality and have since prospered in that occupation.
I am now living a fortunate life as a bisexual in a FWB group.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes. I have the career I always wanted. I am married to the woman of my dreams. We have brilliant twin boys. What else could I ask for?
Chat Moderator
0 likes
I've grasped everything I've reached for, thus far. I'm fortunate, healthy and thankful for that.
Wouldn't you rather have a nice cup of tea?
0 likes
Well, I never really had many expectations for my life. Mostly, I've just gone with the flow, and things seem to work themselves out one way or another eventually. I doubt I'll ever be rich or famous. I don't have any ambitions to make a name in history or do great things. But as long as I'm content with what I have, then I'm good. For the moment, I'm content.

Don't believe everything that you read.

Lurker
0 likes
Yes so far it has. I love my life, my job, my house.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Better than the expectations smile
I like the way you make me feel even when I'm nowhere near...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
So, so, so so much better! Im so grateful for the life that I have. It's been up and down just like everybody's, but hard work, dedication and determination have provided me with a truly wonderful existence!
Lurker
0 likes
Well never had a plan for my life, so it has turned out pretty well considering I was never good at planning for the future, ended up taking a secretarial course while in my last years of highschool and graduated with an associates degree, contuied with my education and got a bachelors degree in administrative assitance so for someone who could never answer the question what do you want to do when you graduate or where do you see yourself in five years? I got lucky and employed at a small hosptial where I get to sort and organize files while having limited contact with people expect when they need paperwork filed or pulled out for annual reviews etc. Which works out wonderfully since am rather shy through have a few people I like and talk more with.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Professionally? Yes. When I was in my early teens, I decided I wanted to be a lawyer, and many years later, here I am. After 21 years working hard, I am scaling back my practice so that I can work part time and spend more time with family and friends, as well as reduce the stress in my life at teh strng suggestion of my doctor.

Personally? No, nothing happened the way I thought it would. I dreamed of settling down with a special woman (I was never after one in particular, just imagined that there would be someone special) and living a long and happy life with her. That never happened. Indeed, I didn't become involved in a long term relationship of any kind until 2009. For a coupe of years, I thought I had found the woman I was going to spend the rest of my life with, but that didn't happen, and while I am now with a woman I love passionately, and even got married to (thank you, changing times!), we're not remotely the exclusive couple I thought I wanted when I was 16.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Professional journey to present position is amazing. Personal satisfaction (love, money etc) is wonderful. Can't thank enough smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Much much better. It is what I dreamed for. Hubbie and I are more in love today than when we got married in the summer of 1979. We are both healthy. We have a close family on both sides, for the most part. We have many close friends. We are comfortable financially, with very little debt. Our retirement is set up and protected, so we can maintain our current standard of living and pass most of the income sources to our nieces and nephews. We do not have any children. We have had ups and downs, but a lot more ups than downs. But most importantly we have a very strong faith in our GOD.

Brandie
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not finished with it yet. I'll let you know when I'm finished