Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

1001 reasons why Canada is the coolest country in the world.

last reply
190 replies
7.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Quote by noll

Netherlands: 2001 (my brother celebrated his 15 year marriage to his husband this year).

And we've had tactile markings on our paper money for ages too. And we don't need to keep our cars unlocked as we don't even have polar bears. And one could buy pot here for decades without fear of legal punishment. So where's our thread?

you want me to make you a thread? don't complain about it if i do.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

34. Santa Claus lives in Canada (and don't blame us if you ended up on the Naughty List)
Quote by sprite
you want me to make you a thread? don't complain about it if i do.

A thread and the spanking that But mentioned? Oh boy ;)

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Quote by LYFBUZ
34. Santa Claus lives in Canada (and don't blame us if you ended up on the Naughty List)

i LIKE being on the naughty list! ;) he does, btw, that's the address kids send card to Santa to - and the postal zone is HOH OHO. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Quote by LYFBUZ
33. Canadians invented the Wonderbra

And a shout out to Noll for the warmth and gratitude demonstrated by the Dutch to Canadian soldiers and the Dutch gift of tulips to Canada. (Google Tulip Festival - Ottawa)

LOL, I didn't know about the festival or its origin. But credit where credit is due: while we are famous for our tulips, we originally got them from Turkey.

35. Rocky Mountains (can't believe that wasn't listed yet).
36. Bay of Fundy (incredible tide changes, over 30 feet).
37. Burned down the White House in 1812 (ok,maybe the British did it, but they were British living in Canada at the time)
38. Other cool Canadians singers/Bands; Michael Buble, Barenaked Ladies, Colin James, tragically Hip.
39. the official phone number of canada is 1-800-O-CANADA.

40. police departments there give out "positive tickets" when they see people doing something positive.

41. license plates in the northwest territories are shaped like polar bears!

HURRAY for randomness

Say. Her. Name.

42. Robbie Robertson
44. for being the home of Nickelback so that we don't have to! biggrin

45. The people are friendly (if you discount Quebec).
46. The roadways aren't cluttered up with billboards.
47. The countryside along the highways are so clean!
48. Canadians know how to clear snow from the roads. An hour after a blizzard and the roads are clear!
49. Going in to Canada the Customs are nice. Coming out, the US Customs are a sack of pricks.
Too bad for Nickelback nullifying any actual valid reason.

Edit: damn you Sprite, for beating me to it and actually giving it a positive twist.

52. Ryan Gosling.

54. Canada is the second largest country in the world, behind Russia.

55. It has Mooses. Mooses are cool.

56. Home to the super hero group Alpha Flight. and Wolverine! *snikt*

Quote by kiera
Mooses are super cool smile

57. creators of My Little Pony: Friendship is magic

go to your room! *points* now! *giggles*

59. alanis morisette. she put a voice to my teenage angst and guided me through womanhood. she was also my first girl crush (sorry erykah!).

Say. Her. Name.

Quote by Kingson

37. Burned down the White House in 1812 (ok,maybe the British did it, but they were British living in Canada at the time)

Actually, it was 1814.

Those British Canadians actually did two big favors to the USA. First one. The Presidential Palace was not white at the time. After being burned, it was necessary to paint it to cover the burn marks. We painted it white, hence the term, 'The White House', which is a much better marketing name than The Presidential Palace. So a big advertising win for the USA. Thanks!

Second thing. Those same soldiers that burned 'The White House', who were under the command of British General Ross, marched on over to Baltimore a few weeks later. There General Ross met his personal doom at the hands of an American sniper. His army collapsed into chaos and defeat after he was shot, and they had to scurry back to the safety of the British ships, who had lost their half of the battle also. Then as they left defeated, they were forced to look at a huge, brand new American flag, flying defiantly at them, from Fort McHenry, which inspired Francis Scott Key to write The Star Spangled Banner.

So, Thanks! It all worked out well in the wash. Your American friends got a great marketable term and a national anthem out of it all. A century later, the USA, Canada, and The UK permanently cemented their ally status. And The UK figured out that when it comes time for their colonies to go independent, just let them do it with their blessing. As they did with Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and so forth. Maybe could've done a better job with India, though, but still, they figured out, fighting wars with their offspring probably wasn't the best policy. Wars suck anyhow.

PS. Do y'all claim Justin Beiber? Just asking.

• One of my favorite Canadian bands, Rush.
Quote by sprite
52. Ryan Gosling.

Yum
Neil Young. Oh yeah
61. Canada has been invaded by Americans twice, in 1775 and 1812. In 1813 an American attack was thwarted by a brave woman known as Laura Secord who gained intelligence of an impending attack and was able to warn defenders. The Americans were defeated both times. Laura Secord has been immortalized in Canadian folklore but best known of all: a franchise of chocolate makers was named "Laura Secord" in her honour.

Only Canadians can turn war into chocolate.
62. The Mall of America in Minnesota is owned by Canadians.