Login

Recommendations for new badges

last reply
25 replies
2.6k views
1 watcher
4 likes
Sexy Seductive Siren
Some of the friends I have far outstripped Lush's ability to adequately recognize them. Others will (hopefully) be reaching milestones that no else has reached in Lush to date. The lady I'm speaking of is Mysteria 27. To date, her 893 stories have well over 12,000,000 views. Yes, she is already one of only 74 members with a Millionaire's Club badge for over 1 million views. But she so far exceeds that number I think Lush should create a new badge for people with over 10 million views. A Ten Millionaire's Club? badge?

Also, she has the highest number of stories written on Lush with 892. She is so prolific, I have absolutely no doubt she'll reach the atmospheric 1,000 story level before the end of the year. I think Lush ought to be ready with an Author 1000 badge. Because it is such a rare achievement, I would hope it would be more than a simple black badge with an orange dot. Perhaps a Gold colored badge edged in silver with the words Author 1000 also in silver?

Just my humble opinion for what it is worth!
Meagan
Sexy Seductive Siren
Quote by kornslayer1
I'll second that.

Thank you Kornslayer. You're another one - with over 7,000,000 story views, you'd think Lush would create 5 Millionaire Club and 10 Millionaire Club badges and create a 15 Millionaire badge too if needed. I can't even imagine getting one million views on my stories.
Meagan
Matriarch
I like these ideas Meagananne!

Will see what we can do.
Sexy Seductive Siren
Thanks Nicola. It just seemed a natural follow-on to already established badges.
Meagan
Simple Scribbler
Great idea, Meg! Those are very impressive numbers and they deserve special badges I think!!!

Also, how do you see your total stories' views? I don't see that stat anywhere. Or do I just add them up myself?
Her Royal Spriteness
Quote by KimmiBeGood
Great idea, Meg! Those are very impressive numbers and they deserve special badges I think!!!

Also, how do you see your total stories' views? I don't see that stat anywhere. Or do I just add them up myself?

you're gonna run out of fingers and toes if you do it like that... (as for how, i forget.. it's been a while ).

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Primus Omnium
Quote by KimmiBeGood

To find your total views go to the magnifying glass at the top of the page. Drop the menu and select the Authors. You will find your name alphabetically with all of your views, categories listed, and your average score.
Her Royal Spriteness
Quote by Green_Man

To find your total views go to the magnifying glass at the top of the page. Drop the menu and select the Authors. You will find your name alphabetically with all of your views, categories listed, and your average score.

yeah, that's what i was going to say (btw, i've been drinking today!).

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Primus Omnium
Quote by sprite

yeah, that's what i was going to say (btw, i've been drinking today!).

I knew you were gonna say it, but you get awful busy, my dear friend.
Best down-under
Quote by Green_Man

Thanks, I didn't know you could do that. My modest 83,000 views isn't getting me a badge anytime soon, though.

But Mysteria 27 so should be recognised for all those views and stories.

Do check out my latest story:

Unleashed competition: Bull Shite, Bull Dykes, Bull Fights: That’s Your Everyday D/s Love Story. | Lush Stories

And my other stories, including 5 EPs, 22 RR's, and 15 competition top 10's including my pride competition winner: On Oxford Street, This Gay Girl Found Pride While Playing With Balls

Simple Scribbler
Quote by Green_Man

Thank you!!
Matriarch
Apparently the new badge fairy has been!
Primus Omnium
Quote by nicola

That is so true. It is a nice thing, Nicola. I see the Badge Fairy has created the Ten Millionaire's Badge and the Author 1000 Badge. Mysteria and Ed are surely happy to get their badges for their 10,000,000 views. I hate to be a spoilsport. The four folks receiving the new Author 1000 badge do not actually have that many stories, yet. I would not like to get something I have not actually earned.
Prolific Writer
Quote by nicola

Hi Nicola -

Thanks for the new badges. However I have not reached 1000 stories and now I can’t see the total stories I have.

Other people are listed with 1000 stories who aren’t even close. I currently have 893 the most on lush. I don’t deserve that badge yet. The people listed don’t even have that number yet either and certainly don’t deserve to be there yet.

Also I don't see myself listed on the list of Authors anymore either. Anybody who has been given that badge is also not there anymore. There is no where to search for us either. That doesn't seem right at all. How would people find us?

Mysteria - 893
Master_Jonathan - Not sure how many Jonathan has.
Green_Man - 548
Kornslayer - 501

It's an impressive badge and none of us deserve it as of yet.

Hugs,
Mysteria
Matriarch
Gav has been made aware.

You just can't get the staff these days!
Quote by Mysteria27

Hi Nicola -

Thanks for the new badges. However I have not reached 1000 stories and now I can’t see the total stories I have.

Other people are listed with 1000 stories who aren’t even close. I currently have 893 the most on lush. I don’t deserve that badge yet. The people listed don’t even have that number yet either and certainly don’t deserve to be there yet.

Also I don't see myself listed on the list of Authors anymore either. Anybody who has been given that badge is also not there anymore. There is no where to search for us either. That doesn't seem right at all. How would people find us?

Mysteria - 893
Master_Jonathan - Not sure how many Jonathan has.
Green_Man - 548
Kornslayer - 501

It's an impressive badge and none of us deserve it as of yet.

Hugs,
Mysteria

Yeah, Nicola. I have 563 actually, but I got a ways to go before I have 1,000 stories published.
Matriarch
Quote by kornslayer1

Yeah, Nicola. I have 563 actually, but I got a ways to go before I have 1,000 stories published.

Keep at it EMD, you're over halfway there!

Gav is fixing the thresholds.
Does it count that I have almost 10 views? Is there a badge for that?

(I visit my own stories a lot…)

Seriously, though, I am absolutely awestruck by the accomplishments of some of the writers here, not only the quantity, which is impressive in itself, but the amazing quality of some of these stories.

I never thought I'd say this, but suddenly I have too much to read.

Thank you Nicola, sprite, Mysteria27, and so many others.

And I look forward to finding so many more writers I want to spend time with.

An incredibly talented, but modest Polar Bear, often mischievous, but never malicious!

God Empress of Lush

Now that Mysteria27 has left Lush leaving "only" 950 stories, will anyone ever achieve the "Author 1000"? It seems unlikely.

22 February 2024 - How about a quick plug for one of my filthiest recent stories? It's all in the title - Naked Pool Party Swingers | Lush Stories Please read, comment and maybe give it a ❤️ - or even a⭐ if you really enjoy it! Thank you! Annie xxx

God Empress of Lush

It's ironic really. I've been banging on for years about having a couple of badges for poems, roughly equivalent to the "Famous" and "Legendary" story badges but with lower "read" requirements, to reflect the lower numbers even the best ones get.

These could actually be achievable by a wider range of people, as well as promoting interest in a genre that Lush does better than most other erotic writing sites.

Have the powers-that-be shown any interest? Not a chance.

But propose something that's hardly anyone's ever going to get, and it's done.

Weird. 🙄

22 February 2024 - How about a quick plug for one of my filthiest recent stories? It's all in the title - Naked Pool Party Swingers | Lush Stories Please read, comment and maybe give it a ❤️ - or even a⭐ if you really enjoy it! Thank you! Annie xxx

Prolific Writer

If the views come back….I will get to 1,000 stories! Fingers crossed and hope they do. For now though I’m patiently waiting.

Hugs,

Mysteria

Testing The Waters.

Quote by naughtyannie

It's ironic really. I've been banging on for years about having a couple of badges for poems, roughly equivalent to the "Famous" and "Legendary" story badges but with lower "read" requirements, to reflect the lower numbers even the best ones get.

These could actually be achievable by a wider range of people, as well as promoting interest in a genre that Lush does better than most other erotic writing sites.

Have the powers-that-be shown any interest? Not a chance.

But propose something that's hardly anyone's ever going to get, and it's done.

Weird. 🙄

Got to agree. I don't write or even get poetry for the most part beyond rhyming couplets, but the amount of engagement a poem gets here in relation to stories ( especially flash and micros ) is orders of magnitude higher than it is on other erotica sites. That and the aforementioned flash/micros is something Lush does particularly well, and it could do with some prioritization.

Most of the other sites specialize in longer works, and have been around longer. Lush would do well to highlight one of the areas where it outshines them with poetry and short works to attract and retain the readers/writers/poets who prefer them.

Weaver of Words

When they created the Poet badges, they listed the number of poems, but never subtracted that number from the number of stories which included poems. The point of having a separate badge for Poets and Authors should be reflected by showing the actual number of each. I realize that some poems may take a while to write, but it is really unfair to authors that might spend weeks or longer to write a 8 or 10 thousand word story to a poem with less than 100 words. Especially with what is considered poetry these days (i.e., no rhyming or cadence or structure of any sort.)

Weaver of Words

Quote by Green_Man

Quote by KimmiBeGood

Is there a way to do this yet in the new version of Lush? Also to have the list sortable by both views and # of stories?