84 replies
10.7k views
1 watcher
0 likes
Writius Eroticus
0 likes
Quote by prettywild
it keeps asking me for a specific location and I'm not prepared to give it

Do what I do on sites that insist on asking for information you don't want to give: lie

You ought to see my Facebook account. I was born in 1900 and live in Azerbaijan. Some of the "targeted ads" I routinely ignore are hilarious: health supplements for seniors; have you set up a will yet; it's never too late to prepare for your funeral; why aren't you dead yet; etc. Much fun.

Stats exist to be messed up

Please browse my digital bookshelf. In this collection, you can find 109 full stories, 10 micro-stories, and 2 poems with the following features:

* 29 Editor's Picks, 72 Recommended Reads.
* 15 competition podium places, 9 other times in the top ten.
* 21 collaborations.
* A whole heap of often filthy, tense, hot sex.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by WannabeWordsmith

Do what I do on sites that insist on asking for information you don't want to give: lie

You ought to see my Facebook account. I was born in 1900 and live in Azerbaijan. Some of the "targeted ads" I routinely ignore are hilarious: health supplements for seniors; have you set up a will yet; it's never too late to prepare for your funeral; why aren't you dead yet; etc. Much fun.

Stats exist to be messed up

dude. this is the internet. you're not supposed to lie! OMG! MY ENTIRE WORLD HAS BEEN SHATTERED! *waves from Norway*

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Matriarch
0 likes
Thank you all for the feedback so far, even though some appears somewhat harsh!

Up until a week ago, the mobile site was read only, without the ability to join, or even vote or comment on stories.

It has taken close to 3 months development time to get it to the stage we're at now.

The bidirectional synchronisation is something which will be worked on going forward. Gav and the team are working out the best way forward.

It is a new platform, and not going to have everything we have on the desktop site, right off the bat. It does have a lot of fun features we don't have here, and things like pattern matching on recommended content to read, are a leap forward. I've seen the cam chat on other sites they've developed, and those chat rooms are hugely popular with over 1000+ people on them at any one time, globally.

I hear what some people are saying about not wanting to put down their location, and I get that. It is used by the platform so things like local groups which may be of interest, show. There's no need for anyone to note down their location if they don't want to.

So please bear with us while we develop the mobile site, and hone it to suit our membership here. It is massively improved on what we had before, and I'd like to thank Griffers, Alec and their team, for the great job they've done so far.
0 likes
I note that new stories are coming over but comments still aren't, so things are improving.

I do hope more come over soon. The forums and chatroom aren't exactly hopping right now (save when hayley pops into chat, then things seems to liven up).

For location, I just put my province. Ontario is big enough that finding me from that would be like finding a needle in haystack (seriously, it takes nearly 8 hours to get from where I live to my son's university residence and he's still in Ontario).
High Lord of Darkness
0 likes
I've not used the mobile site at all yet. Should I be? I always log in to the main site from a tablet or phone with the ?v option that forces the display of the main site. I prefer to use and navigate that.

So, as I'm using half of lush, are there things I'm missing pin this new site, am I only responding to half the comments? Are my story views not a true representation?

I used to be a pervert. In here, I'm normal!

Watch this space...She is really - cumming soon!

"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by seeker4
For location, I just put my province. Ontario is big enough that finding me from that would be like finding a needle in haystack (seriously, it takes nearly 8 hours to get from where I live to my son's university residence and he's still in Ontario).

*on Google Maps right now figuring out which places are on an 8h radius from any university in Ontario, while still in Ontario themselves*

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Testing The Waters.
0 likes
If anyone comments from the mobile site, you won't see that comment on the full site yet. So far, none of the comments I've received on the full site in the last three weeks have shown up on mobile yet. The same appears to be true for favorites or "likes" as they're known on the mobile site.

Views are hard to pin down. When I check the numbers on mobile vs. full site, it rarely matches. Sometimes the mobile site is higher, sometimes the full site is. It's hard to guess whether one is updating the other in a timed task, and which way that's going.

For now, they're disconnected enough that they're almost two different sites, only sharing story content.

I'm peeking into the mobile, observing the progress, though I doubt I'll ever use it. I do understand what an undertaking something like this is, so I'm willing to be patient as the author sections get ironed out and properly synced up. That's my primary ( almost only ) area of concern.

Quote by DarkSide
I've not used the mobile site at all yet. Should I be? I always log in to the main site from a tablet or phone with the ?v option that forces the display of the main site. I prefer to use and navigate that.

So, as I'm using half of lush, are there things I'm missing pin this new site, am I only responding to half the comments? Are my story views not a true representation?
Unfuckwithable
0 likes
I can't be bothered to log in, then fill out a raft of forms for a site to which I already belong. Acessing the desktop site on my mobile has never been an issue, and I'll just keep doing that.
0 likes
Quote by DarkSide

The mobile site is still new so most of the action is still on here. I'd say read on mobile but then come here to leave your comments for now, else they might get missed. If they get things sync'd up better or more people start using mobile, then you'd be good to leave them there.

One thing I will point out is that if no one uses the mobile and it remains as dark and quiet as it is now, then it becomes harder to justify any costs needed to improve it. There are threads being started and posted to in the mobile forums and people going into chat (usually to find there is no one else there). The stories are there to read and new stories are coming over (I checked and only the two most recently verified stories on the front page here have not appeared over there). So it's not completely useless, IMHO, just could be better.
0 likes
Quote by amy1967
I can't be bothered to log in, then fill out a raft of forms for a site to which I already belong. Acessing the desktop site on my mobile has never been an issue, and I'll just keep doing that.

I use desktop on a tablet but not on a phone. This site's format just doesn't lend it to a 6" and under screen, at least for my f-ed up eyes.
0 likes
Quote by noll

*on Google Maps right now figuring out which places are on an 8h radius from any university in Ontario, while still in Ontario themselves*

That could be quite the challenge given how many universities we have. I have actually mentioned on here where I am and where he is. You just have to be in the right threads.
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by seeker4
That could be quite the challenge given how many universities we have. I have actually mentioned on here where I am and where he is. You just have to be in the right threads.

You're only trying to divert me.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Matriarch
0 likes
I think a lot of these comments relate to a comparison between the desktop v new mobile sites.

You should really be comparing the old mobile site v the new one.

It was previously a read only site with ads. That was it.

There was no signup. That allows for voting / commenting on stories, profile creation, image sharing, messaging, friending, chat, forums, groups etc..

Before, there was none of that.

Having said that, the feedback has been useful, and plans are afoot as to how we develop the mobile site further, going forward.

Thank you!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by nicola
I think a lot of these comments relate to a comparison between the desktop v new mobile sites.

You should really be comparing the old mobile site v the new one.

It was previously a read only site with ads. That was it.

There was no signup. That allows for voting / commenting on stories, profile creation, image sharing, messaging, friending, chat, forums, groups etc..

Before, there was none of that.

Having said that, the feedback has been useful, and plans are afoot as to how we develop the mobile site further, going forward.

Thank you!

The old mobile site wasn't even worth mentioning. If effort was to be put into having a good mobile site it should have been put toward making the desktop site mobile friendly.
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by BradCarpenter
If effort was to be put into having a good mobile site it should have been put toward making the desktop site mobile friendly.

A good point Brad, and in a round about kind of way, that's happening.

The company we have partnered with, wanted to prove concept first before committing even more resources, time and money into the site's development (and merging all the forum posts / groups / chat rooms etc.. into the one mobile friendly site).

If they had gone the whole hog with desktop, a 3 month project would have turned into an 8-12 month one, at great cost.

So the setup is a bit of a halfway house currently. Gav would call it, a "rolling beta"

Say what?

Lost in my own mystique
0 likes
Actually I'd love to be able to comment, but my tablet gets caught in some kind of loading error and eventually times out, so I have to force to the desktop to log in. It's an older device, so perhaps the real issue is my slow-adopter/skinflint approach to internet connectivity and hardware?
Testing The Waters.
0 likes
I certainly hope we don't lose any author functionality of the full site in making it mobile friendly. The ability to customize our story listings is something I utilize every time I post a story. The ability to search our story lists ( via browser->find ) is something I use almost daily.

If the full site moves to pagination for listings such as our story list, I certainly hope a full list will still be available. At the very least, a built in search function to jump to a specific story regardless of what page it's on would be critical for me.
Clumeleon
0 likes
Quote by RejectReality
I certainly hope we don't lose any author functionality of the full site in making it mobile friendly. The ability to customize our story listings is something I utilize every time I post a story. The ability to search our story lists ( via browser->find ) is something I use almost daily.

If the full site moves to pagination for listings such as our story list, I certainly hope a full list will still be available. At the very least, a built in search function to jump to a specific story regardless of what page it's on would be critical for me.

I don't think there are any plans to change the desktop site.

It's not that the site is being made "mobile-friendly" but that the mobile version of the site is being made more user-friendly. There has been a mobile version of the site (distinct from the desktop site) for a long time already.
Testing The Waters.
0 likes
Quote by clum

I don't think there are any plans to change the desktop site.

It's not that the site is being made "mobile-friendly" but that the mobile version of the site is being made more user-friendly. There has been a mobile version of the site (distinct from the desktop site) for a long time already.

That's not what I got from this quote.

Quote by nicola

The company we have partnered with, wanted to prove concept first before committing even more resources, time and money into the site's development (and merging all the forum posts / groups / chat rooms etc.. into the one mobile friendly site).

If they had gone the whole hog with desktop, a 3 month project would have turned into an 8-12 month one, at great cost.
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
I didn't realize the new mobile site was a separate thing. I was confused when I got a friend request because it looked hinkey. Thank you SJ for addressing my concern.
Green Bay Packer Fan
0 likes
I’ve submitted this several different ways and have not had any type of reply. So I am posting it here, though I doubt I’ll get any reply.

The first time my profile appeared on the mobile site I filled out “About” and “Person1” and made a number of albums. I tried deleting photos and when I did, I was left with empty boxes where the photo once was, I had inquired how to delete them and at the time no one could tell me. I can’t even see my albums or images now.

I’ve been in touch with Sarah over at HQ Group the last several days and was told in order to see my media, I need to go on the desktop site.

I made another inquiry about a month ago here on the desktop site and never received a reply.

Back to being in touch with Sarah, she told me since my account was made on the desktop site, I need to file my request here. I had asked her to completely delete my profile, images, albums, friend’s list and even my stories from the mobile site. I much prefer the desktop site and will not be going back to the mobile site after today.

I wish you nothing but success with the mobile site and continued success with the desktop site.

Have not heard back and I also submitted it to “Contact Us” on the desktop site several days after the 28th and still haven’t heard back as of March 4th.

Why is it that I haven’t gotten any reply?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope my request about deleting my profile from the mobile site and it’s photos/albums can/will be done.

Matriarch
0 likes
Hi Banes1.

The mobile site is intended primarily for surfers who solely use the mobile site.

We've found there's very little crossover between desktop to mobile in the past.

Importing hundreds of thousands of images, stories, comments, votes etc etc., is a massive undertaking. It's proved problematic as we are running 2 platforms.

So we're making do as best as we can at the moment, with the view of having only one site with all our existing features, down the track. That might be quite some time away though.

I have gone into the admin panel and deleted your profile there. I don't know how long the cache is for, but it should be gone soon. I'll double check with the guys at HQ.

Sorry for the confusion. We're still ironing out the teething problems of synchronising 2 different sites.
Green Bay Packer Fan
0 likes
Thank you Nicola, I appreciate you replying to my inquiry and taking the time to delete my profile on the mobile site.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
To add my 2 bits:

I signed up on the desktop site. Later, trying to access the site from my phone, I was routed to the mobile site and its insistent demand for information. I just hope any transgender centenarians in my neighborhood don't get the wrong idea. The matching feature must be made opt-in.

I did discover, way down at the bottom of the front page, the Desktop Site link, which got me to what I expected.
Snake Charmera
0 likes
I've been hanging around the mobile site a bit and seeing what's going on. I like that the chatrooms right now are not super crowded. The seeking part pops up everytime but I just close it. No big deal. I would have loved to put in my cutesy place I live but again not a big deal. Directing people to my stories has been fairly easy. The one thing I wish we could do is jump to the last page on a forum post like we do here. As the site grows skipping through fifty or more pages will be time consuming. Everything else I've found just takes a little time to get used to. Thank you Nicola Gav and team for taking the time you do to add these newer updates to the site. I still prefer full the desktop side because I enjoy the forums and people I associate with here but the other side isn't too bad at all.

My Anti-Valentine Entry 💔

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/cheating/a-valentines-date-to-remember

My first EP and a top ten from the Pride Competition
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/lesbian/-love-is-love-.aspx

Hanging in the background but around