last reply
54 replies
3.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
Valentine Poetry Competition

Valentine's Day and indeed the week leading up, is recognized as a significant cultural, religious, and commercial celebration of romance and love in many regions of the world.

Valentine Week Calendar

February is the month of love and time to celebrate the spirit of togetherness with your loved ones.

To milk it all commercially, I mean, so people can celebrate the entire week beforehand, "Valentine's Week" was created (probably by florists and chocolate vendors).

In the spirit of love, these designated special days make up the Valentine’s Week schedule:

7 Feb – Rose Day

8 Feb – Propose Day

9 Feb – Chocolate Day

10 Feb – Teddy Day

11 Feb – Promise Day

12 Feb – Hug Day

13 Feb – Kiss Day

14 Feb – Valentine’s Day

Competition Theme

The theme for this poetry competition is simple - Valentine poetry, using any of the above days for inspiration, or anything you can think up with "love" as the underlying theme.

Poems should be longer than a Haiku (俳句) - at least a few verses long, and not the equivalent length of a poetic "War and Peace"! Consider your audience and what you think they'd typically like to read, word count wise.

Full competition and prize details may found here >>

0 likes

Oh, cute.

Dear Lord Satan has to remind me to read all the stories.

Simple Scribbler
0 likes
Kimmi, you can do this thing called "Poetry" ... you just need inspiration!

Grabs my black cat, looks lovingly into his yellow, spooky-as-hell, glowing eyes... hmmm ... nuttin'

Looks up Viggo Mortensen on Internet hmmm ... okay, I feel a tingle of something ... need more

Pulls up naked pics of Orlando Bloom from "Carnival Row" series Yeah, baby!!! Getting inspired now!!! Woohoo!!

Actually, scratch above. I have often thought the most famous poets employed "The Emperor's New Clothes" technique... they write crazy gibberish ... noone wants anyone to think they just aren't smart enough to understand it ... so readers call it "Brilliant". Yup, that's the direction I am going ...

Best wishes to all! Let's have a good, clean Poetry comp!
Chatterbox Blonde- Rumps Mystical Bartender
0 likes
Question from the floor.
Is a single entry ONE poem for ONE day or are we allowed to put more than one poem in the same entry.
For example a poem for more than one category in a stack.
Whatever was posted is always meant in love and respect never to offend.
I'm also highly likely to have posted this from a phone so there may be typos or odd word changes, auto correct can be a pain.

I've been listening to my kinky pencil here's my current work

My current Competition entry is here
A Cure For Stagefright

I put a little banner in here, it might change. I'm still messing about with it.
Charming as fuck
0 likes
Quote by Twisted_Skald
Question from the floor.
Is a single entry ONE poem for ONE day or are we allowed to put more than one poem in the same entry.
For example a poem for more than one category in a stack.

Hiya,

Related verses using more than one of the days would be fine, but no more than one discrete poem per entry please smile
Chatterbox Blonde- Rumps Mystical Bartender
0 likes
Grazie.

Just didn't want to throw a 100 word poem in there early and lock myself out.
Will let the verse bubble and stack a few.
If we do that do we need to state what category we're using for each piece?
Whatever was posted is always meant in love and respect never to offend.
I'm also highly likely to have posted this from a phone so there may be typos or odd word changes, auto correct can be a pain.

I've been listening to my kinky pencil here's my current work

My current Competition entry is here
A Cure For Stagefright

I put a little banner in here, it might change. I'm still messing about with it.
Charming as fuck
0 likes
Quote by Twisted_Skald
Grazie.

Just didn't want to throw a 100 word poem in there early and lock myself out.
Will let the verse bubble and stack a few.
If we do that do we need to state what category we're using for each piece?

No need to state it, I'm sure the theme will come through. Essentially we're just looking for love poems, the days are mentioned to give inspiration.
Charming as fuck
0 likes
In answer to a help desk question, there is no word limit been set on this competition.

But if I have to read a 7000 word epic, so help me god
The Bruiser
0 likes
Posted my entry to competition and looking forward to read the othe entries as they become available

For the past few months I’ve been using Instagram and been using the site to post my photography . Here’s the link to my profile 

https://www.instagram.com/farmerroger1/

My recommended read

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-poems/amongst-the-arabian-sands

here’s a link to my photography album in my media

https://www.lushstories.com/profile/farmerroger/media?album=2399646

Resident Otaku
0 likes
Quote by Jen
In answer to a help desk question, there is no word limit been set on this competition.

But if I have to read a 7000 word epic, so help me god

So a haiku is enough right? ?

I can just about write a passable story. I think the only poetry I've written was a limerick when I was 8?

*Google's forms of poetry.*
The Bruiser
0 likes
Good luck to everyone that enters this competition and may best entry win. It all about giving it a try and doing are upmost best with our poetry. Looking forward to reading all of the uneak entries as they come in.

My entry is up for anyone who wants to give it a read.

Link is in signature below
⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

For the past few months I’ve been using Instagram and been using the site to post my photography . Here’s the link to my profile 

https://www.instagram.com/farmerroger1/

My recommended read

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-poems/amongst-the-arabian-sands

here’s a link to my photography album in my media

https://www.lushstories.com/profile/farmerroger/media?album=2399646

Southern Barefoot Angel
0 likes
This is gonna be a great competiton
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by utterchaos

So a haiku is enough right? ?

I can just about write a passable story. I think the only poetry I've written was a limerick when I was 8?

*Google's forms of poetry.*

no haikus or limericks, please. anything else is fine, but we won't accept those. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by utterchaos

Haha! I was just kidding ?

i know, but you have no idea how many people are going to read that and then start bombarding us with them, so i thought i'd at least try to get a handle on it. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Best down-under
0 likes
Quote by sprite

i know, but you have no idea how many people are going to read that and then start bombarding us with them, so i thought i'd at least try to get a handle on it. smile

So I shouldn't enter this ode to love then, with polish surely this must be a winner;

There was a cute lady called sprite
Her forum posts were always right
As a comp story appraiser
She has the mind of a Taser
I love her but do fear her smite

Oh well, the Iliad has 15,693 lines, there is no word limit; I may be some time, there's a lot to do.

Giggling down under.

Do check out my latest story:

Unleashed competition: Bull Shite, Bull Dykes, Bull Fights: That’s Your Everyday D/s Love Story. | Lush Stories

And my other stories, including 5 EPs, 22 RR's, and 15 competition top 10's including my pride competition winner: On Oxford Street, This Gay Girl Found Pride While Playing With Balls

Dirty Stop-out
0 likes
Quote by CuriousAnnie

So I shouldn't enter this ode to love then, with polish surely this must be a winner;

Oh well, the Iliad has 15,693 lines, there is no word limit; I may be some time, there's a lot to do.

Giggling down under.

Perhaps a Joycean style epic with no punctuation and a looping storyline that never ends? 15,693 lines.. hmmmm bore them into submission that they never finish reading the poem, I like it

2 competition winning stories, 1 Famous story, a smattering of Editor's Picks, a handful of Recommended Reads and one Clitorides award are scattered amongst my stories.

One of a handful of writers to get the Omnium badge for writing in every category

For a book club with a difference... try this lesbian romp

A legend in my own mind!
0 likes
Poetry still intimidates the hell out of me. It's frustrating. I can knock out a micro in minutes, an afternoon for a 5000 word story, but my mind blanks on poetry! Some of the best things I've read on Lush have been poems, but writing it . . . why is that? A dog charging me doesn't intimidate me! Standing up to a bully in a bar doesn't intimidate me. My Mother doesn't . . . ok not going there! But poetry does. Which means I have to enter, if for no other reason because I hate being intimidated! (Mom just ignore that part).

What would make it better? Hmm recently wrote a micro and have another story along similar lines. Here's a brief bit from that story awaiting publication:

I’d heard of strip poker and a couple of other games with ‘strip’ dropped in front of them. Often by a guy who thought it was an easy way to see naked girls. I think if someone at an all-guy poker game suggested ‘strip poker’, he would probably get his man-card taken away in public while at least one of the other guys at the table privately thought it would be fun. Just my opinion!

So there you have it, make Poetry less intimidating, I want 'Strip Poetry' Every stanza I write will cost me on article of clothing! Hmm, my insecurities are showing again because I just looked at my closet to see just how much clothing can I wear and still walk.

Oh this is gonna be a toughie! Good luck to all who enter, and ignore that sign at the door about abandoning hope!
Meddle Not In The Affairs of Dragons, for we are Crunchy and Good with Ketchup!
A legend in my own mind!
0 likes
Quote by CuriousAnnie

Giggling down under.

Giggling with you, that was terrific! I bet Sprite is just tickled . . . and no that wasn't brown nosing Sprite to go easy on my next story :-)
Meddle Not In The Affairs of Dragons, for we are Crunchy and Good with Ketchup!
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by CuriousAnnie

Giggling down under.

Someone is in desperate need of a good, hard spanking.IBBe0whAsSJhfIp6

Whistling on my journey
0 likes
Well to stay on Liz's and yes Rach good side (just to name 2 mods) I have taken the plunge and have entered the Valentine Poetry Competition
Hope you all take the time to read mine and I look forward to your comments too, First Rose is my entry. The link is below in my signature.
And Liz you will be happy that my poetry is much shorter than The Mahabharata, which comes in at 1.8 million words.
And I can not post this with out saying Good Luck to every one else that takes the plunge and submits their poem for us to read and enjoy.

Fuzzy/Carl

My latest love poem has landed

Lover Moon

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-poems/lover-moon.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by deviantsusie

Perhaps a Joycean style epic with no punctuation and a looping storyline that never ends? 15,693 lines.. hmmmm bore them into submission that they never finish reading the poem, I like it

Make that two someone's. Anyone else want to try more? Come on, I'm ready. Been working out and everything.

Matriarch
0 likes
I've added a line relating to the word count
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by fuzzy1954
And Liz you will be happy that my poetry is much shorter than The Mahabharata, which comes in at 1.8 million words.

Simple Scribbler
0 likes
Quote by sprite

Make that two someone's. Anyone else want to try more? Cone on, I'm ready. Been working out and everything.

Kimmi likes spankings too
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by KimmiBeGood

Kimmi likes spankings too

Fine. Take a number and get in line then. As if I dont already have enough to do. Lol

Semitalented Scribbler
0 likes
I just submitted my entry. Fingers crossed. ??

And let’s have no griping like last time, people.

Best of luck, and congratulations in advance, to all the contestants.

📜 🖋️     S e m i t a l e n t e d   S c r i b b l e r     🖊️ 📃

Confused about the rules for my Lush Stories® song titles game? → Click HERE.

God Empress of Lush
0 likes
Quote by Saucymh
I love Valentines poetry competitions. Here’s the poem I entered into the 2015 Valentine poetry comp. Strangely, it didn’t make top ten... can’t think why

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-poems/falling-for-you.aspx

I can't think why either. It's terrific!

22 February 2024 - How about a quick plug for one of my filthiest recent stories? It's all in the title - Naked Pool Party Swingers | Lush Stories Please read, comment and maybe give it a ❤️ - or even a⭐ if you really enjoy it! Thank you! Annie xxx