Announcing our "Spring Forward" Competition

last reply
17 replies
2.1k views
2 watchers
13 likes
Matriarch
2 likes

It's competition time, and Spring is in the air.

Spring is the season for change. Festivals, spring cleaning and new growth in nature. It's a time for "out with the old, in with the new". A time of resurrection, reevaluation and regeneration.

With that in mind, for this contest we are looking for steamy stories around the theme of renewal / rebirth / regeneration. Perhaps the new season provides the impetus to rekindle that old flame you let slip through your fingers, or affords you an opportunity to spice things up in the bedroom, reinvigorating your stagnant relationship.

Maybe your character decides on a metamorphosis to embrace their latent sexuality / gender identity and explores hot new avenues in this newfound freedom. What if after a mishap, you and / or your crew come out of cryo-stasis after a generation and have to forge new connections on an alien world for the good of furthering the human race?

Maybe at the church spring fête after a chance encounter, a member of the parish chooses to abandon their faith or marriage and go on a sexual journey to enlightenment? The theme is wide open to interpretation, as long as it includes an element of renewal / restart in some way. So let your imagination run wild and wow the judges with your inventive tales.

The maximum word count limit for this contest is 4,000.

Prizes:

Winner
: $150

Second Place: $100

Third Place: $50

Full dates and details:

https://www.lushstories.com/competitions/spring-forward

Headbanging ape from cold North 🤘
1 like

Marvelous theme, Nic. Definitely going to take a swing at it. No promises. I am trying to balance my erotica with my non-erotic writing for blue and possibly other markets better than I did in the seeker days. However, rebirth/renewal is a favorite theme of mine which I touch on in a lot of my work so I will probably be in for this.

Nothing new on here, but my entry in the latest comp on StoriesSpace took third place!

Read it here: Plus One

0 likes

Here's hoping I get to read and vote.

Have fun.

Simple Scribbler
0 likes

Great theme! I can't wait to read what y'all come up with. I love supporting those willing to put themselves out there with an entry, so if you publish and I accidentally miss yours, msg me, please. ❤️

Simple Scribbler
1 like

Quote by JustPassingThrough

Marvelous theme, Nic. Definitely going to take a swing at it. No promises. I am trying to balance my erotica with my non-erotic writing for blue and possibly other markets better than I did in the seeker days. However, rebirth/renewal is a favorite theme of mine which I touch on in a lot of my work so I will probably be in for this.

Love this theme too, Mr Ape. It lends itself to uplifting stories of hope.

Simple Scribbler
2 likes

If you want to grow as a writer, take a stab at these comp themes. At the very least, read the entries. I've picked up writing tips from krystalg and 1meanjean already.

Simple Scribbler
0 likes

Maybe just me, but I can't see all the competition entries when I click on competition tab. A group that was on the bottom isn't listed.

Charming as fuck
1 like

Quote by KimmiBeGood

Maybe just me, but I can't see all the competition entries when I click on competition tab. A group that was on the bottom isn't listed.

This has been reported to the tech team, thanks.

1 like

So quiet compared to past comp threads. What happening? Who's in? Who's out? What's still to come?

I went back to my planned entry yesterday and discovered it is (a) a lot closer to finished than I thought and (b) a lot better than I remembered. So I may be in after all. Just need to fix up the ending (needs a denouement to wrap things up with a bow) and do a couple more editing passes. Or I hope that's all it needs.

Nothing new on here, but my entry in the latest comp on StoriesSpace took third place!

Charming as fuck
1 like

34 entries so far. This is shaping up to be a good one.

Just a reminder the closing date has been extended to 3rd April, so just shy of 2 weeks to go smile

0 likes

Quote by Jen
Just a reminder the closing date has been extended to 3rd April, so just shy of 2 weeks to go

I actually missed that, but it's moot since my story is probably being submitted tomorrow.

Primus Omnium
0 likes

Quote by Jen

34 entries so far. This is shaping up to be a good one.

Just a reminder the closing date has been extended to 3rd April, so just shy of 2 weeks to go smile

It is nice of the admins and mods for extending the deadline. I may actually get a story submitted. I promised a friend I would do so and I really hate not following up on a promise.

God Empress of Lush
0 likes

Having failed to get my act together to enter the last two comps, I was just glad to submit something this time. Best of luck to all my fellow entrants!

22 February 2024 - How about a quick plug for one of my filthiest recent stories? It's all in the title - Naked Pool Party Swingers | Lush Stories Please read, comment and maybe give it a ❤️ - or even a⭐ if you really enjoy it! Thank you! Annie xxx

Best down-under
2 likes

Maybe, maybe, maybe. I have started, but need to get more done between distractions. Love the theme. Happy Birthday Annie. 🎂

Do check out my latest story:

Unleashed competition: Bull Shite, Bull Dykes, Bull Fights: That’s Your Everyday D/s Love Story. | Lush Stories

And my other stories, including 5 EPs, 22 RR's, and 15 competition top 10's including my pride competition winner: On Oxford Street, This Gay Girl Found Pride While Playing With Balls

Smut-slinging slut
1 like

Quote by KimmiBeGood

If you want to grow as a writer, take a stab at these comp themes. At the very least, read the entries. I've picked up writing tips from krystalg and 1meanjean already.

Wait? Is that a typo? You picked up writing tips from me? That can't be possible because I worship the page you write on.

Am I a good witch, or a bad witch? History will decide
Simple Scribbler
0 likes

Quote by krystalg

Quote by KimmiBeGood

Wait? Is that a typo? You picked up writing tips from me? That can't be possible because I worship the page you write on.

Thank you, Krystal kiss

And it wasn't a typo. Your comp piece was very creative and well-written. 😊

Smut-slinging slut
1 like

Quote by KimmiBeGood

Your comp piece was very creative and well-written. 😊

Thank you so much! I've noted that well-written and creative seems to permeate all of the entries in this competition; good reading all around.

Am I a good witch, or a bad witch? History will decide