Alternatives to the poke button

last reply
39 replies
3.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Constant Gardener
0 likes
While it's nice to enjoy a poke now and then...could we possibly separate Lush from FB in a unique manner & change this adjective from Poke to something more in line with erotica or our chosen lifestyle affiliations?
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
Out of the choices above I like Gropes and Lubricates, but I went with Lubricates, because that just sounds dirtier. I do agree it should move away from the Facebook feel of it.
Coquette Roguette
0 likes
Grope me. Please? [/I]

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
how about 'winks'?
Mazztastic
0 likes
Quote by TheDevilsWeakness
Spank would work, too.

Laughing at the choices, but I think spank works well...
Lurker
0 likes
I think perhaps we need a multi function button? Depending on the person and circumstances, different types of greeting are appropriate. Any and all of the above could be good in the right situation. "Kiss" would be another one or perhaps "tongue tickle".
Lurker
0 likes
Winks. It would be annoying to see some juvenile euphmism when were not all here to hunt and hump.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I like the idea of a multifunction button. Depending on the person you could choose the "poke" you would like to give them.. Like missionary or doggy or any of the other positions in the Kama sutra
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I like the idea of a multifunction button. Depending on the person you could choose the "poke" you would like to give them.. Like missionary or doggy or any of the other positions in the Kama sutra
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Add it to Gav's to-do list.

I think he should be able to get around to it before I start collecting my pension.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Wow.... nothing like a little group......
Lurker
0 likes
I think we should have a rating system for someone's profile of how hot you think they are.

It would be something like this.

1. Limp
2. Semi Hard
3. Erect
4. Fully Erect
5. Spurting for you
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
maybe gropes could be Fondles
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
0 likes
The poking function was annoying enough for me, I'll admit. I'd rather not be privy to a series of unwanted gropes/fondles/spanks/lubricates. I mean I get the site is sexual in nature, duh...but that'd be pushing a bit.934wcJEmDFL3ZFH8

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I like gropes or lubricates the best. But knowing that I have some totally str8 male friends on here, I cannot ever see them using that to get my attention or to say hi.

But I also like the multi-function button too. That would be neat.

And I like the idea of rating profiles. Not a necessity but it would be a neat option.
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Quote by slipperywhenwet2012
The poking function was annoying enough for me, I'll admit. I'd rather not be privy to a series of unwanted gropes/fondles/spanks/lubricates. I mean I get the site is sexual in nature, duh...but that'd be pushing a bit.s44xmb3jNPswBwpS

No slaps with wet noodles for you then?

I'd rather have something cool like"jumps from bushes wearing a donkey clown head and scares the shit out of you" button.

Need to work on parsing that down though.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by DirtyMartini

Oh, I don't know about that...there's certainly been some stiff competition here in the past few years...no pun intended, of course...

It's super dumb.
Lurker
0 likes
The poking function was annoying enough for me, I'll admit. I'd rather not be privy to a series of unwanted gropes/fondles/spanks/lubricates. I mean I get the site is sexual in nature, duh...but that'd be pushing a bit.tX0aXRGgHUYt9RFs

I agree.

I even see this in the chat rooms when some people are opposed to being 'passionately kissed' or whatever. I don't think it is for everyone. Maybe for those I am close to..
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The poking function was annoying enough for me, I'll admit. I'd rather not be privy to a series of unwanted gropes/fondles/spanks/lubricates. I mean I get the site is sexual in nature, duh...but that'd be pushing a bit.jwb8rX4jDcpAfxCd

i agree...
my newest :)
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix
Dumbest.

Thread.

Ever.

Quote by DirtyMartini

Oh, I don't know about that...there's certainly been some stiff competition here in the past few years...no pun intended, of course...

Jack, if you applied the three and a half dozen surviving and somewhat functioning brain cells you haven't killed off, to thinking outside your box...you might end up with some paid for stories (like DM is enjoying).

You always struggle to even pluck the low hanging fruit though.

This folks - is why you should not morph the drug experimentation phase of your teen years...into a lifelong passionate pursuit and achievement.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Clever Gem
0 likes
Quote by dex69
I think we should have a rating system for someone's profile of how hot you think they are.

It would be something like this.

1. Limp
2. Semi Hard
3. Erect
4. Fully Erect
5. Spurting for you

Why? What good will that do anyone, judging people like that?

That's just fucking stupid.

Where do you think you are fella, highschool?

Grow the fuck up, or i'll kick your arse behind the bleachers. ..... twat.

That's not an alternative to the poke button, not that it needs one.

That's just causing trouble, enough of that goes on without it being a profile feature.

Ohhhh the humanity. I fear for us somedays, ya know??
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale

Jack, if you applied the three and a half dozen surviving and somewhat functioning brain cells you haven't killed off, to thinking outside your box...you might end up with some paid for stories (like DM is enjoying).

You always struggle to even pluck the low hanging fruit though.

This folks - is why you should not morph the drug experimentation phase of your teen years...into a lifelong passionate pursuit and achievement.

I own the tree with the low hanging fruit and the machine that harvests it... You're saying I should trade the luxury of that to try and make a living writing dirty stories? Something that would take more of my time than harvesting the whole tree so I can get the couple apples that fall on the ground too? Something tells me you would be the world's worst financial adviser. Any other pearls of wisdom you would like to share? Should I buy high and sell low as well?

Clearly, this man has embalmed his brain long ago with cheap domestic light beer.
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
Instead of: POKE, maybe...

STROKE?

RUMPLATIONS: AwesomeHonky Tonk and Cyber Bar
Home of the Lush "IN" crowd: indecent, intoxicated, and insolvent
a place to gossip, share news, talk sports, pimp a story, piss & moan, or just grab a drink. Check it out.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. -- ROBERT HEINLEIN
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Change Poke to Winks!

A wink will still keep it friendly without being too friendly and get away from the FB poke. Not all of us are on here to be flirted with etc. Some are just here for a good story, to submit their own or for just general chat without the kinkiness.

Having things like groping or spanking or fondling or whatever would invade most people feeling of privacy. That's not something we want.

The wink is still tame but definitely gives that seduction feeling that goes with this site.
Hey there, I'm an inspiring erotic writer. I take story requests and write about most anything so hit me up if you have a crazy fantasy that you would like me to bring to life ;) Also, please check out my stories and comment and vote if you like them!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think it would be cute to have a button with multiple actions like kiss, hug, wink, I wouldn't really mind if there wasn't any button at all though, I'm not a huge fan of being poked.
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Quote by Autumn17
I think it would be cute to have a button with multiple actions like kiss, hug, wink, I wouldn't really mind if there wasn't any button at all though, I'm not a huge fan of being poked.

*pokes with a yardstick*