Story submission weirdness

last reply
58 replies
2.8k views
4 watchers
5 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

On the old site, when you submit a story for review, it got locked until it was acted on by a story mod.

Now, when I submit a story, there's a brief banner indicating the story was submitted, but if I go the list of my stories, it says the story is still in draft.

Is it in the review queue or not?

My novel, The Society, is available now in the Kindle Store: http://www.amazon.com/The-Society-ebook/dp/B00BPF9U2I
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I have had similar problems. The Submit button does not work on an iPhone or iPad and I had to go online on my desktop iMac. I feel that the new site has been setup for Android devices and is hostile to Apple phones and tablets. I cannot cut and paste from iPad composition apps on the story editor page and had to export text files to my desktop computer.

“Books are finite, sexual encounters are finite, but the desire to read and to fuck is infinite; it surpasses our own deaths, our fears, our hopes for peace.”

Series: The Eternal Joy Of Sex

A long erotic poem in 4 parts

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-celebration-of-lust-part-1

0 likes

Having this also, though it says submitted, and sits in “unpublished”, when clicked it says it is in draft. Desktop Chrome for me, because I couldn’t paste in Safari. 

Charming as fuck
0 likes
Quote by Sensei

So... I guess nobody gets to submit stories anymore? WTF?

I don't see anything by you in the queue at the moment.

There are over 100 stories waiting to be verified. A lot of the story verifiers weren't able to access the queue today unfortunately, and issues with logins are still being worked on, so the system is still a little buggy.

If it's not urgent to post, I'd suggest waiting a few days. It will take a while to clear the backlog anyway.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Is it not too much to ask that someone actually check on this and acknowledge that it's an issue and that we're not all losing our damn minds?! I don't mind waiting for it to be fixed if someone tells me that they know it's broken and a fix is in the works.

Sheesh.

My novel, The Society, is available now in the Kindle Store: http://www.amazon.com/The-Society-ebook/dp/B00BPF9U2I
Charming as fuck
1 like

A lot of the stories submitted have been since Tuesday, so it's working for some. However I have said repeatedly that logging in and stability is an issue for others and is still being worked on. Submitting stories is part of that. Please be patient. Thank you.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Okay so if what I'm reading is correct than the story that I tried to get posted since friday didn't as of yet because it still says draft when I look at it.  Even thou I've hit the submit button.  Is this correct?  Or from now on you can't tell if the story was actually submitted or not.  I'm sorry but this is very very frustrating.  Besides all the glitches with it not keeping you logged in if you leave the site.  You took away most of what us author's use to be able to do.  Like put our stories in any order we liked.  Seen which stories were trending or which author was trending.  Also I couldn't add my latest story to the series that I was currently running since this new site only allowed one word instead of a sentence.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

From what I can tell, the situation is far worse. The "submit" button does nothing at all. We have the word of a story mod that story submissions are happening, so this is a problem for an indeterminate percentage of those attempting to post stories.

It's been almost a week and this is the best information available, pieced together from user anecdotes posted here. There has been no work at all from anyone in any official capacity concerning the nature of the problem, the number of people it affects, any workarounds that might be available, or a timeframe for correction.

Charming as fuck
1 like

Hiya, it's still buggy I'm afraid, but I've done some testing and it seems to be if you've saved something as a draft first. It then doesn't seem to take things out of draft and put them into the queue.

I've tried it with two stories. The first I just submitted. You can see on your stories list that it awaiting moderation - first screenshot.

The second, I saved as a draft, then tried to edit and submit. It's still in my unpublished list - second screenshot.

If you've tried to submit something and it's still in your unpublished list, maybe try submitting it as new and see if that works.

I do appreciate it's frustrating, but the IT guys have been working flat out to try and sort issues.

Best down-under
0 likes
Quote by Jen

Hiya, it's still buggy I'm afraid, but I've done some testing and it seems to be if you've saved something as a draft first. It then doesn't seem to take things out of draft and put them into the queue.

I've tried it with two stories. The first I just submitted. You can see on your stories list that it awaiting moderation - first screenshot.

The second, I saved as a draft, then tried to edit and submit. It's still in my unpublished list - second screenshot.

If you've tried to submit something and it's still in your unpublished list, maybe try submitting it as new and see if that works.

I do appreciate it's frustrating, but the IT guys have been working flat out to try and sort issues.

I found on the Blue site that this was what happened to me. I saved and edited a poem and then submitted it from my unpublished list and got a message that it had been successfully submitted. When it wasn't published days later, I asked and it wasn't in the awaiting moderation queue. 

Resubmitted a few times from the unpublished queue and talked the mod through what I was doing, but without success. 

But when I deleted the first version and submitted it as new rather than saving it as unpublished, it immediately turned up in the queue. Overall the submission form and process are clear and easy to use, should work well when this bug is fixed. 

Do check out my latest story:

Unleashed competition: Bull Shite, Bull Dykes, Bull Fights: That’s Your Everyday D/s Love Story. | Lush Stories

And my other stories, including 5 EPs, 22 RR's, and 15 competition top 10's including my pride competition winner: On Oxford Street, This Gay Girl Found Pride While Playing With Balls

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I've considered submitting the story as new, but I thought that in the past I was told that that was a no-no, and that there was a content fingerprinting system to catch stuff like that.

But if you're saying out loud (as a mod) to give it a try, I will. Thanks.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Ok, that seems to have worked. One complication that I discovered on the way is that attempting to paste a story from the clipboard in Safari hangs and eats the CPU until the web page crashes. It worked on FireFox though.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Sensei

I've considered submitting the story as new, but I thought that in the past I was told that that was a no-no, and that there was a content fingerprinting system to catch stuff like that.

Does that mean that a story that I believed I submitted about 36 hours ago might not have actually been submitted? It is still on my page as unpublished (obviously) and it seems that I could go back in and edit the saved draft-although I have not attempted that. Could someone (Mod) please tell me if my story is in the queue or not or is there some way that I can tell?

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by PJH
Quote by PJH
Quote by Sensei

Does that mean that a story that I believed I submitted about 36 hours ago might not have actually been submitted? It is still on my page as unpublished (obviously) and it seems that I could go back in and edit the saved draft-although I have not attempted that. Could someone (Mod) please tell me if my story is in the queue or not or is there some way that I can tell?

Further to this, is it a good idea to hit 'submit' again? I did get a blue thing flash up on the original submission to say that my story had been submitted but on the original site (I know) you could see that it was at awaiting verification stage, here you have no idea ,at the moment, where it is.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I have just submitted the story again (or maybe I haven't). It might be in the queue twice, once or not at all but it would be nice to know please.

0 likes
Quote by PJH

I have just submitted the story again (or maybe I haven't). It might be in the queue twice, once or not at all but it would be nice to know please.

If it is in the queue, it will now show on your "published" stories page, with a message above it saying it is awaiting moderation.
0 likes
Quote by Jen

Thank you so much Jen (and the rest of the hardworking crew, moderators and technicians alike). This seemed to do the trick for me, so will see how it all goes. I appreciate it. 
Rainbow in the Dark
0 likes
Quote by PJH

I checked for you, Paul, but I'm afraid it's still not there. If you go to it on your list of stories and copy the link you can PM it to me, I can take a look from the mod end if you like.

Punked competition entry: Punk’s Undead

A very naughty Catholic schoolgirl: Emma (Part 1) (RR) | (Part 2)

Horror: Women Of Dark Desires(RR), Doll Parts (EP), Lo! Baphomet! A Queer Erotic Horror (OS)

A cheeky little micro: Go Fuck Yourself!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sweetsinner
Quote by PJH

If it is in the queue, it will now show on your "published" stories page, with a message above it saying it is awaiting moderation.

Thank you for your response and advice. The story is NOT showing on my "published" list, it is still on my "unpublished" list so obviously both of my attempts at submitting it have failed, despite a banner coming up saying that it had been submitted. What are the suggestions now please? Look for another site to publish my stories on perhaps? I managed to get 192 stories published on the 'old' Lush but not having much luck on this site.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by StarBelliedBoy
Quote by PJH

I checked for you, Paul, but I'm afraid it's still not there. If you go to it on your list of stories and copy the link you can PM it to me, I can take a look from the mod end if you like.

Thank you for this but with me not being very computer literate exactly WHAT (and maybe how) do you want me to copy please? Paul

Mary Poppins
0 likes

Not sure if this is helpful or not, but I tried to submit a story using windows and failed. But when I use my Linux with Linux Firefox everything works wonderfully. On Linux the whole site works super fast, everything loads and I'm always logged in. I put a story in and it was passed the same day. I've found that a lot of sites work much better on Linux.

Be nice to each other

Charming as fuck
0 likes
Quote by PJH
Quote by StarBelliedBoy
Quote by PJH

Thank you for this but with me not being very computer literate exactly WHAT (and maybe how) do you want me to copy please? Paul

Copy and paste the text of your story into a new submission and submit. Don't save it as a draft first.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Jen
Quote by PJH
Quote by StarBelliedBoy
Quote by PJH

Copy and paste the text of your story into a new submission and submit. Don't save it as a draft first.

Okay thank you. I will try to do that shortly.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by PJH
Quote by Jen
Quote by PJH
Quote by StarBelliedBoy
Quote by PJH

I have copied and pasted and (apparently) submitted-it said 'your story has been successfully created' or something like that. Can someone please tell me if it is now in the queue? Thank you. Paul
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by PJH
Quote by PJH
Quote by Jen
Quote by PJH
Quote by StarBelliedBoy
Quote by PJH

I have copied and pasted and (apparently) submitted-it said 'your story has been successfully created' or something like that. Can someone please tell me if it is now in the queue? Thank you. Paul

No need-it now says it is pending so obviously the submission worked.

Active Ink Slinger
1 like
Quote by verity100

Not sure if this is helpful or not, but I tried to submit a story using windows and failed. But when I use my Linux with Linux Firefox everything works wonderfully. On Linux the whole site works super fast, everything loads and I'm always logged in. I put a story in and it was passed the same day. I've found that a lot of sites work much better on Linux.

Thank you Verity. I have apparently managed to submit this story by copy and pasting as suggested. Hopefully, I will continue to be able to write to site and save and edit and then submit but I will see what happens next time.