Sexuality, how did you know??

last reply
47 replies
5.3k views
0 watchers
5 likes
Lurker
1 like
I was very young when I realized I liked men. It would be years before I would become sexually active, but I always had more crush's on guys. I would have crush's on gals as well, but the guy crush's drove me insane!
Living bi-cariously through Lush
0 likes
I don't necessarily have a problem with labels. Sure they can be used to pigeonhole people, but they can also be useful in describing what's going on, especially if it helps you define yourself in the face of a dominant culture that doesn't understand you.

I've always known I was bi. I mean, from grade school, when I became aware of sexuality and what men's and women's parts were used for, even though females held (and hold) for me a magical pull that guys never would, I knew I was had an interest in both. That never changed. I heard the label "bisexual" by the time I hit puberty, and I instantly knew it fit me even though it means a lot of different things to a lot of people and has often been used as an epithet.

As far as being "purely bi," which I suppose means you like both sexes in equal amounts and the same way? That's almost never a thing, so you can stop wondering. Hardly anyone expects a perfect 50-50 for women, so why should it be for men? Heck, one week I find women hot and don't even think about cocks, then for a few days all I can think of is a hot shaft in front of my face and spurting cum in my mouth. Goes back and forth. Even people who like both (or all) sexes equally (and I might be closer to 50/50 than when i was young) don't like them in the same way. I'm attracted to women romantically and not just sexually, their faces and whole bodies entering into my fantasies. My fantasies about guys are much more about the cock. I don't think that's uncommon at all. And again, on some level I have always known that.

My Dirty Talk competition entry: No-Dating Policy

I get dicked by a federal agent. My top-ten Noir competition entry: Dick Job

My alliteration-addled Free Sprit competition entry: Buff Bluff in Banff

Card catalog? Hard catalog! My library

Lurker
0 likes
I knew from the get go
Lurker
0 likes
.I never have had any interest in the male species
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Raised in a seriously strict household.
Once when younger I fooled around with a guy but was interrupted by a parent. Never had the chance after that until older and then realised I did not like labels and was interested in both men and Women, Women more so. I decided to see what the other side offered and found it to be quite enjoyable despite society frowning. I am now bi not because I actively chase men but because I have no desire to restrict my diet and enjoy intimacy with both.
Voyeur @ f/64
0 likes
I don't know the how of it, just always did. Never a hint that I wasn't queer and overwhelming evidence that I was.
Lurker
1 like
Quote by bruble66
Raised in a seriously strict household.
Once when younger I fooled around with a guy but was interrupted by a parent. Never had the chance after that until older and then realised I did not like labels and was interested in both men and Women, Women more so. I decided to see what the other side offered and found it to be quite enjoyable despite society frowning. I am now bi not because I actively chase men but because I have no desire to restrict my diet and enjoy intimacy with both.

Well said. I'm bi, but the attraction to men is different for me than my attraction to women. It's such a vague, fluid attribute that I simply prefer to be bi because, like you said, I definitely don't want to ruin opportunities for sexual pleasure.

But, to answer the question, I knew I enjoyed going both ways in my teen years. I kept it shut down until I was in my 40s.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I always 'fancied' a variety of boys. Occasionally, I met a girl I liked personally and had a frission of physical attraction to.

That is the difference.

0 likes

Quote by joe71
My fantasies about guys are much more about the cock. I don't think that's uncommon at all. And again, on some level I have always known that.

My perspective has evolved quite a bit since I posted this a few years ago. I've always considered myself bi and that hasn't changed, but there's a very wide range of possibilities within that label. I've shifted to where I regularly find myself fantasizing about a lot more of a man than just his disembodied penis.

I'm not in a position in my life right now to experiment, but if I were single today, for both companionship and sex I'd date more men than women, something I couldn't have contemplated until fairly recently. I've dated women, have checked a lot of juicy opposite-sex experiences off the bucket list, and am still attracted to them, but I would want to catch up on what I missed when I was young.

1 like

Bi is not necessarily equally attracted to both men and women i.e. 50/50. You can be bi and be predominatly attracted to men and slighty /or occasionally attracted to women i.e 70/30 or 80/20 or 60/40 etc. Or vice versa . it is simply being attracted to both but not necessarily to the same. degree

0 likes

Quote by RefrigeratedLegumes

Bi is not necessarily equally attracted to both men and women i.e. 50/50. You can be bi and be predominatly attracted to men and slighty /or occasionally attracted to women i.e 70/30 or 80/20 or 60/40 etc. Or vice versa . it is simply being attracted to both but not necessarily to the same. degree

Hell, even when I'm feeling 50/50, I get turned on by men and women in somewhat different ways. What a beautiful and mysterious thing attraction is.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Not sure if there was a moment in time when I thought about sexuality… not even now.

Voyeur @ f/64
0 likes

One of those cereal box scratch-off things.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Quote by spicy_vanilla
Hi all,

I just wanted to know , how did you know your sexuality 100%?

So I guess I'm really confused , which is why I am asking how/what/when did you realise your true sexuality?

Well, interesting way to put it. My parents were concerned about ghosts in our house, so they hired a paranormal investigator who came with all sorts of detectors and recorders. One machine was a gaydar and it pegged me at 💯.

0 likes

I'm 100% just me.I prefer guys and other transexuals but I'm not going to say no to someone I find attractive or who finds me attractive