Teenagers! Good grief!

last reply
14 replies
1.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Teenage daughters can try one's patience. Any teenagers, for that matter. A very challenging time for parents and offspring.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Marinepilot
Teenage daughters can try one's patience. Any teenagers, for that matter. A very challenging time for parents and offspring.

Aaahh! The raging hormones of youth, such sweet memories. Distant but sweet.Das6jvC7HWZb40n3
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Marinepilot
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Lots of drama, for sure. But always remember you hold the power... And the duct tape.
My teenager lives in constant fear that I'll embarrass her. Get used to the mental breakdowns and the crying when things don't go her way.
I can't help it if I've cultivated that fear and used it for the greater household good.
What teenage girl wants her mother to show up at her school wearing ugly pyjamas, wild looking hair, in a pair of shitty rubber boots, singing Justin Bieber songs with a sign around my neck introducing myself as her mother? (I have no shame)
I've also threatened to post pictures of her sleeping and drooling on her facebook, twitter, tumblr and instagram accts.
It's not a perfect way to keep the peace, but her friends love me and tell me everything that's going on in their lives. Which, in a way, I learn about what's going on her life when she's giving me the silent treatment.
If she's PMSing, all the above is null and void. Just throw ice cream and potato chips at her and keep your head down until it passes.
Mazztastic
0 likes
Quote by TheDevilsWeakness
Lots of drama, for sure. But always remember you hold the power... And the duct tape.
My teenager lives in constant fear that I'll embarrass her. Get used to the mental breakdowns and the crying when things don't go her way.
I can't help it if I've cultivated that fear and used it for the greater household good.
What teenage girl wants her mother to show up at her school wearing ugly pyjamas, wild looking hair, in a pair of shitty rubber boots, singing Justin Bieber songs with a sign around my neck introducing myself as her mother? (I have no shame)
I've also threatened to post pictures of her sleeping and drooling on her facebook, twitter, tumblr and instagram accts.
It's not a perfect way to keep the peace, but her friends love me and tell me everything that's going on in their lives. Which, in a way, I learn about what's going on her life when she's giving me the silent treatment.
If she's PMSing, all the above is null and void. Just throw ice cream and potato chips at her and keep your head down until it passes.

I just love you!! (my teen will hate you forever though for that advice/info)

That is all!

As an FYI - if it's not ugly boot weather, I think Crocs work really well too!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Mazza

That is all!

Crocs work great, but not in the barnyard. I like to be as offensive as possible, just not at my expense. Which is why I'd wear the rubber boots after I've taken a trek through the muck and mire.

My father did this sort of stuff to me.

I skipped school one day and the school called home. He showed up on his tractor, wearing shit covered boots, pants hanging down showing some generous butt cleavage, a holey flannel jacket with his shirt untucked with this weird looking dead animal on his head that passed as a hat. He sang Def Leppard's "Pour some sugar on me" until he found me. He couldn't carry a tune if his life depended on it.

I was mortified, but I survived. I never skipped another class because he said he would show up wearing his long underwear with the butt flap open if there was ever a next time.
Lurker
0 likes

Crocs work great, but not in the barnyard. I like to be as offensive as possible, just not at my expense. Which is why I'd wear the rubber boots after I've taken a trek through the muck and mire.

I skipped school one day and the school called home. He showed up on his tractor, wearing shit covered boots, pants hanging down showing some generous butt cleavage, a holey flannel jacket with his shirt untucked with this weird looking dead animal on his head that passed as a hat. He sang Def Leppard's "Pour some sugar on me" until he found me. He couldn't carry a tune if his life depended on it.

I was mortified, but I survived. I never skipped another class because he said he would show up wearing his long underwear with the butt flap open if there was ever a next time.

That has got to be the funniest thing I've read in ages. It must be quite a character you father and I bet you love him dearly!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Goodness. Teenagers.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Mazza

That is all!

I have it on good authority that Mazza's avatar is REALLY her!! (I LUV ya, Mazza!!)
Lurker
0 likes

"If you don't knock that off, I swear I will duct tape you to the ceiling! "

Ah, yes, the duct tape.

Lurker
0 likes
I just have to remind myself, I love those damn kids....now where's the duct tape?!?
Lurker
0 likes
Help! We are out of duct tape and our patience is wearing thin. We HAVE stocked up on beer, wine, and other spirits, though!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
May the Fourth be with You.
My Karma just ran over your Dogma
Lurker
0 likes
oh...My...God... I would have died but that's one of the most hilarious things I've ever heard

0 likes
Gotta Love'em.

I actually do not believe in embarrassing, (though I could see the advantage & I am a firm believer in Ductape around the house, just not for use on people, unless maybe... lol... I won't digress, lol) and especially NOT humiliation or anything that would damage the relationship. That is a teenagers worst nightmare and they are slow to recover from that, sometimes to the point of not forgetting or not forgiving. They tend to feel "You have ruined MY LIFE!" Luckily I have not embarrassed YET and I should not threaten anything. Sometimes I come up with creative and funny threats, though most are inside jokes.

I believe the punishment should fit the crime. I tend to reason, (as hard as that might be & that is often the worst sort of punishment). I explain ~ more than I would like to sometimes, but it is respected more. I try to joke, and then a hug and a kiss.

Like I said, "Gotta Love'em"

. . . we are at "parental driver's ed" and driving mom's car with mom in it who is trying to look calm phase