Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Why Do Straight Guys Fall For Gay Girls?

last reply
32 replies
3.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes

Have You Ever Fallen For A Girl You Know Is Gay?

13 votes
I'm a straight guy who has (12 votes) 92%
I'm a Straight guy who couldn't (0 votes) 0%
Maybe I could? (2 votes) 15%
Not me! (3 votes) 23%
Lurker
0 likes
Why does a straight guy fall for a girl he knows to be a lesbian?
And why does he stick around, sometimes forever, when there can be no sexual interaction?
If you are a young lesbian on Lush you actually get to meet some great guys,
but why? and why so many friend requests from Guys????
Oh yes there are the "Lay Preachers", those guys who Preach that salvation from your lesbian ways is assured by them Laying you.
But the others, the good guys? speak up.....
Lurker
0 likes
I don't think any of the choices are valid. And trying to convert someone is not falling for them. I think the reason people fall for someone of a different orientation is exactly the same reasons as they fall for anyone else.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Uhhh maybe the guys were told ” Im a lesbian” before and found out different? Maybe they think they are all that and all she neds to be ”normal” or she.is. So awesome he.is.just grasping at straws... Maybe hes just dumb....pick one lol
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by hayley
And why does he stick around, sometimes forever, when there can be no sexual interaction?
Oh yes there are the "Lay Preachers", those guys who Preach that salvation from your lesbian ways is assured by them Laying you.

I like women who like women. Gives us something in common. Just because a women likes women doesnt mean she hates men. Well in some cases it does, but she doesn't have to.
Lurker
0 likes
Once at summer camp I had a night with a straight-curious lesbian. It was fun, but she never wanted to try it again, so I guess the same can't be said for her...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Guys like attractive gals no matter their orientation. Even if there is no chance of a sexual relationship, having a girl-friend who is a lesbian is nice. Not only does she have better insight into women, but she even views women in a similar light so she can provide a really good point of view. Plus, what a great wingman!
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set her free." -Michelangelo

Please Enjoy: The Beach, The Workout, The Hike
Lurker
0 likes
Guys are pigs and will hit on everything with a pulse.

If the girl is a lesbian it means she is unreachable and it will become a sport to a guy to get that girl. The hunt begins and guys are hunters.. It sorta means guys are stupid too tight?? hmm or primitive.. But hey, we mean well ;)
Lurker
0 likes
If a guy finds a girl interesting in a sexual way it doesn't matter which way she is leaning. I know lots of lez and bi girls (now adays it seems to be part of being a woman to like women). Of course you learn that it is only friendship, but guys are horny devils and we can always hope a girl will like US if not men in general. As for bi I like the majority of guys for some perverted kinky reason enjoy seeing women making love to each other. I think in our minds we put ourselves in either of their places with the other one. And of course having two lovers (girls are the same way) is hot. I once put my arms around two lez girls without thinking. It wasn't for sexual reasons, but we were joking and having fun and I just did it as I was between them. But they both gave me that LOOK "Back off mate!" and I did and smiled and they then smiled back to show no hard feelings. But I didn't do it again.
Lurker
0 likes
Most lesbian 'girls' on lush are guys pretending to be girls.

Most Guys on lush, are hard up and will try and hit on anything they believe to be female.

I've seen, and known a lot of lesbian girls, none of who I am remotely interested in, as most of them are really trying hard to pretend, that they are guys or some kind of androgynous pseudo guy.

Not at all attractive to me.

In x number of years, I've only seen one, I found remotely attractive, and she was covered in tattoos. Probably not good in bed and probably not good at sucking cocks... so why bother?

Probably a gay guy is better at sexually pleasing another man than a lesbian girl. I don't consider myself attracted to guys either.
So again, why bother.

To each their own. I'm quite sure a lesbian girl, who is trying to appear masculine, is going to be pissed off, when a hetrosexual guy hits on her, as it questions her 'manliness'

Not saying it's not ok to be lesbian, gay or other. Just not attractive, to me.

Plenty of beautiful, attractive sexually hetrosexual women to choose from.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't know about here on Lush because I'm still kinda "new". It's likely as some say that many of the "lesbians" here are guys pretending just for the stroke interaction. IRL, I know several lesbians. They can be as fucked up or great people as anyone else. I don't understand why every interaction with other people has to include sex. It doesn't. I know gay men and lesbians and sex never enters into the equation. We can be colleagues or even friends without any sex involved. Grow up, people.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by MrLosAngeles
I don't know about here on Lush because I'm still kinda "new". It's likely as some say that many of the "lesbians" here are guys pretending just for the stroke interaction. IRL, I know several lesbians. They can be as fucked up or great people as anyone else. I don't understand why every interaction with other people has to include sex. It doesn't. I know gay men and lesbians and sex never enters into the equation. We can be colleagues or even friends without any sex involved. Grow up, people.

*nods* i like straight people just fine and i never judge them. since i'm not interested in fucking of them, sexuality doesn't make a bit of difference. i know some lesbians who i don't care for. some straight girls too. doesn't have a thing to do with anything other than their personalities. same with straight men and gay men.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
Indeed, not every interaction has to lead to sex or be sexually motivated / focused (no matter the sexual orientation or preference)...... that would make a wonderful thread of its own.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
By and large, bi/les girls tend to be more visual than straight girls as far as their profiles are concerned. This leads many to people to question their honesty (and many times those suspicions are well founded)

Most straight girls on here learn pretty early on to lock down their profiles and will rarely put up face pics much less leave them for open for anyone to see. Bi and les girls tend not to behave in the same way.

The pictures on your profile are very attractive, irrespective of your orientation. They tell people viewing your profile that you're body confident and that you have a web cam - for a lot of men here that's too much to resist.
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow
By and large, bi/les girls tend to be more visual than straight girls as far as their profiles are concerned. This leads many to people to question their honesty (and many times those suspicions are well founded)

Most straight girls on here learn pretty early on to lock down their profiles and will rarely put up face pics much less leave them for open for anyone to see. Bi and les girls tend not to behave in the same way.

The pictures on your profile are very attractive, irrespective of your orientation. They tell people viewing your profile that you're body confident and that you have a web cam - for a lot of men here that's too much to resist.

See, but that "too much to resist" is the same argument used by some men (and some general cultures) to justify sexual harassment and even /violence against women. That's not okay. "She provoked me by wearing a short skirt" etc. "She was asking for it" - we really need to out such men and change that whole outlook.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by ScottFord
If a guy finds a girl interesting in a sexual way it doesn't matter which way she is leaning. I know lots of lez and bi girls (now adays it seems to be part of being a woman to like women). Of course you learn that it is only friendship, but guys are horny devils and we can always hope a girl will like US if not men in general. As for bi I like the majority of guys for some perverted kinky reason enjoy seeing women making love to each other. I think in our minds we put ourselves in either of their places with the other one. And of course having two lovers (girls are the same way) is hot. I once put my arms around two lez girls without thinking. It wasn't for sexual reasons, but we were joking and having fun and I just did it as I was between them. But they both gave me that LOOK "Back off mate!" and I did and smiled and they then smiled back to show no hard feelings. But I didn't do it again.

And here we see why punctuation was invented.

Quote by ScottFord
As for bi I like the majority of guys for some perverted kinky reason

Mr. Ford, most all of your comments are single walls of text with very little punctuation, leading to even less clarity of thought. Reading this I would guess that you are bisexual yourself (not that there's anything wrong with that kind of thing), but... you tend to make the reading of your comments one of those things I quickly scroll over and avoid.

Also, I would appreciate if you would cease implying that all males act or think as you do. Such is not the case. I don't know what planet you matured upon, but I don't recognize the atmosphere, based upon your varied replies.

One is often led to believe that maturity is not something which occurs in your particular solar system.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale

Mr. Ford

Superstition, you are the sunshine of my life and I just called to say I love you are some of the greatest songs of all time. Leave the man alone, bruh.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by MrLosAngeles

See, but that "too much to resist" is the same argument used by some men (and some general cultures) to justify sexual harassment and even /violence against women. That's not okay. "She provoked me by wearing a short skirt" etc. "She was asking for it" - we really need to out such men and change that whole outlook.

It wasn't an argument or an excuse it was an observation. Of course it's not ok for harassment to take place on here but I guess the line between someone who is trying to break the ice and someone who is being a pain is different for different people. Someone who is a lesbian and has received 50 different FR requests for men in the space of a week could rightly feel harassed but it would be harsh to label those individuals sending those requests if they've only sent one piece of communication.
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by hayley

Well as a straight guy I can tell you that I have had several close relationships with men without wanting to fuck them so why not with a woman?

There is also an age related thing that won't hit you for another ten years. The biological clock goes off and kicks a girl in the head round 30. From an evolutionary biology point of view, a female does not need to like sex with men or do so very often. In fact once a year at their fertility peak will do just fine.

Gold star lesbians are pretty rare. So some men live in the hope. Seems a bit silly to me.

As far as Lush goes, 'lesbian' is the safe choice for men and women wanting to avoid the male predator jerks here. So most of the 'bi' girls are straight, and many of the lesbians are bi.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow

It wasn't an argument or an excuse it was an observation. Of course it's not ok for harassment to take place on here but I guess the line between someone who is trying to break the ice and someone who is being a pain is different for different people. Someone who is a lesbian and has received 50 different FR requests for men in the space of a week could rightly feel harassed but it would be harsh to label those individuals sending those requests if they've only sent one piece of communication.

Nor is it close to being in the same category as or true sexual harassment. But that is just my view on it.

Heck, someone eating a cookie they saw on a counter could use the same excuse as a child molester (I just couldn't help myself), but I think we all would agree that just because the excuse is the same does not make the ACT the same.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Guys like to hang out(not hit on) with other guys and lesbians. Girls like to hang out with other girls and gay men because these groups are like-minded to each other. I cant stand hanging out with gay men because, basically, they have taken every atribute of a straight woman that is annoying and multiplied them by 10. They are twice as feminine as an actual woman! This is why guys like lesbians. They think more like we do than straight women. Straight women will nag us and not ever really get why we act the way we act, but a lesbian will join in and tell dick and fart jokes right along with us guys. That and two girls eating pussy is fucking hot! We know we dont have a shot in hell, but we'll sure watch
Lurker
0 likes
if I see her tag says she is a lesbian then I don't bother sending a friend request. For guys who think if they can only fuck them they will change there ways.... dream on. Try the bi girls instead. way better chance there cuz they go both ways. I really think its becuz lesbians at least most of the ones online are so fucking HOT! We think to ourselves...... damn she's so beautiful I want to fuck her then she will see what she is missing. lol so guys just look at em jerk off and have your fantasy cuz that's just the way it is!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've met chicks who were 'hot' only to find out they were gay and it just ended there. Life too short to waste time....
"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
0 likes
I would need a specific situation to answer of why straight guys fall for gay girls.

So, I will try to answer generally from a guy's perspective:

If the guy isn't too perceptive, he may think 'lesbian' means 'I occasionally have sex with girls' instead of 'I only have sex with girls'. Sometimes, in colloquial English the term can be used to describe a mode of operation than a mode of being ('I have lesbian sex' vs 'I am a lesbian').

Maybe they think lesbian is just another word for bi?

The guy doesn't think lesbians exist? (I don't know how this one works)

Maybe he thinks everyone wants to have sex with a guy? (gay guys want to bang guys, straight women want to bang guys, so why wouldn't 'lesbian' women? They're women after all... and don't all women want to bang guys?)

It would be a blow to their ego to admit that someone (or a group of people) doesn't want to sleep with them?

They're just hoping that a woman who has never had sex with a man before will take a chance on them?

The guy thinks that a woman describing herself as a lesbian is just a way for her to say she doesn't want to sleep with him without being mean about it (this is the most realistic one I've come up with).

And there are probably others...

It's actually really difficult for me to figure out why a guy would fall for a lesbian. Probably because I'm not a complete idiot (I'm mostly an idiot).
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
ScottFord wrote:
As for bi I like the majority of guys for some perverted kinky reason

WMM ;Also, I would appreciate if you would cease implying that all males act or think as you do. Such is not the case. I don't know what planet you matured upon, but I don't recognize the atmosphere, based upon your varied replies.One is often led to believe that maturity is not something which occurs in your particular solar system.

ILL be damned;Scot's majority of GUYS, Is now being defined as ALL MALES. Besides the difference in spelling I've been lead to understand that both MAJORITY & ALL, have totally different meanings.just a thought.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by hayley

Ummmm ... although not all gay women are sweet, kind, smart and understanding toward men, and share the same tastes in women that men do ... a surprising number of gay women, present company included and also including quite a goodly number of my other friends. There is no pretense, no leading a guy on. The woman is being kind to the guy because she is naturally kind and sweet. A guy can easily fall for the woman. If he is honest he will tell her he has fallen for her and that he loves her, and that the crush will fade in time but the love won't. He will root for her to fall in love with the right woman. If she has children, he will want to be their uncle (or at least I do). He will feel more equal to her because neither of them covet what the other has.

I have three female friends. Two of them were each other's lovers. The third asked to become a lover to them both. Then she, the new friend, introduced them to her husband and to her son. Each of the girls fell in love with one of the guys while staying in love with the mother. (Mourning Becomes Samantha was fact disguised as fiction). I believe you can't convert a gay person to being a hetero person, but gays and straights can fall in true love.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Daughtry
Guys are pigs and will hit on everything with a pulse.

If the girl is a lesbian it means she is unreachable and it will become a sport to a guy to get that girl. The hunt begins and guys are hunters.. It sorta means guys are stupid too tight?? hmm or primitive.. But hey, we mean well ;)

speak for yourself.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
as for the reason guys are trying to add you? that's simple. most guys are visual creatures and want to see more of you.
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Quote by pricklypear
as for the reason guys are trying to add you? that's simple. most guys are visual creatures and want to see more of you.

Pretty much.

And agreed on the bi/lesbian profiles as being more likely to show vast swathes of their own personal images to the public without locking it down. Kinda strange.

As for friending bi or lesbian gals on here? What's the big deal? If I find someone to be interesting and just plain fun to talk to and I've interacted with them for awhile, I'll give it a shot and friend em. I didn't come on Lush looking for sex or relationships in my own life. If I wanted that, I'd go to a bloody bar, event, or some such and find a girl I can actually, you know, touch.

Should be pretty easy to spot the d-bags on the forum just begging for your nudies. Don't even give them the option to friend you for that reason and keep actual photos of yourself to personal albums viewable only big those you trust or all your friends.
Lurker
0 likes
Well, it can be lots of things. It's a common enough phenomenon, honestly. I suppose I'll try and lay this out in as organized a manner as possible, given how scattershot my brain has been lately. As I see it there are three common causes to this syndrome: wanting what you can't have and/or having difficulty separating emotions and sex; the guy believes he can cure lesbianism or ;or a secret or concealed sexual orientation/identity other than purely heterosexual male/heteromasculine.

#1: The guy in question is unable, or finds it extremely difficult to distinguish between their platonic feelings for somebody and a possible sexual attraction. With that said, the reasoning is often that if his feelings for you are so confusing, maybe yours are for him too. I don't think this comes from an intent to take advantage of that confusion (which we are all aware does not exist in you). This version of the phenomenon is also often contributed to by a desire to have what isn't attainable. He may also be subconsciously using these feelings to provide a safety from rejection in the general hostility of the dating world.

#2: He really is a jerk. He believes he can fix you either with his words or his magical penis, or he does not believe that lesbians exist at all, and that it will simply turn out that you love cock once you feel his. Yes, this guy is an asshole, and we all want to punch him. I don't think, however, that it's fair to lump all guys who contact you through lush into this category because it is a sex-centric community we have here.

#3: This "straight" guy is in fact not straight at all. Maybe he's a little transgender, or all the way transsexual and not out, to himself even. Maybe he's bisexual or gay, and doesn't know how to confront that option, so he becomes attracted to visually who he thinks he's supposed to, but is still forbidden and a part of the LGBT community. Other possibilities include that he's pansexual or flexible in some way and it's hard to conceive that all people are not that way, through no fault of his own or with any ill intent.

As far as contacting you on Lush is concerned, I'd friend you, because I'm a friendly person, and you sound as though you might be an interesting individual to chat to. Also, your profile doesn't ask guys not to do so, and not being able to see your friends list I can't say for sure, but your socialite badge tends to make me think that you could very well have male friends on lush, and you state that you have them in the rest of your life "Have girlfriends and boyfriends, except I don't sleep with my boyfriends". Many of my best friends are lesbians and I don't try anything with them or pine for them. I have with others in the past for a variety of the more innocent reasons on this list, and I even dated one of them for a while (I am a trans girl, though I have a male body for the time being and foreseeable future).

I hope this will be helpful. I've given it some thought, but I know there's much more to say on the subject. I tried not to repeat too much without adding to it, and let the advice on sorting out the actual jerks and whathaveyou stand on it's own.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I recently ran into this exact situation when I was at an out of town bar the other night. I met a Butch (but very sexy) lesbian who was into me, and I was into her. We checked out girls together, did shots together, and had a great time hanging out. She said "You're fucking hot. I'd like to go home with you if you can keep your mouth shut." Unfortunately didn't happen that night as I had to take off shortly after those comments, but it may in the future...

Can any lesbians give me insight on that?