If your Significant Other decided she were Bi-Sexual

last reply
58 replies
7.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
You can decide to experiment with someone of the same sex but you can't suddenly decide to be bi or gay unless you have suppressed your natural urges in the past then something changes and you come out. That can and does happen in some people's relationships, some are okay with it, in others it causes hurt, heartbreak and can shatter someone's confidence.

Where possible I've always been open about it but I'm not married or in a long term relationship so it doesn't matter to anyone but me.
Lurker
0 likes
I'd be fine with it..why not?
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
it would add to our relationship...i'd be asking her to be okay with the fact that i am bi, so why not other way around? i think it would give us more of a common understanding about each other and life and people in general.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Add difinantly
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by nastynate69
Are You Kidding Me?? When I 1st met my girl and learn that she was bi my thoughts were..................JACKPOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love a real man!!!!!
Lurker
0 likes
Ive met multiple girls in college who were actually bi, not just into experiments but had full relationships with girls at one point and guys at others. I ended up getting very close with one of these girls and it never hurt our relationship at all. I know for a fact her boyfriend hated her having interest in other girls and that is part of the reason I ended up being the other guy in the relationship. She was very open about everything and it never bothered me, I enjoyed it as much as she did. So I have to say it would strengthen my relationship as long as she is open and honest.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I could only wish! The prospects seem limitless.
"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Interesting! Haven't thought of that. Would add to it I say.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I would love it. I wouldn't need to watch or anything like that, as long as it was only sex and didn't mean she would leave! Of course, don't get me wrong if I were allowed to watch I'd love that too!

The idea of seeing her with another woman is incredibly erotic to me, even hearing about it!

I'm just a bit of a perve!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dudealicious

I am with Clum on this one, I am not sure a woman just wakes up one day and decides....HEY! I would love to eat some pussy today...even though I have never done it before, today seems like the perfect day!

This is the best comment on Lush to date!

If she was before we meet I would want to work on us first to build some type of trust and test the waters. If I feel she is into the other girl or girls more than me than its time to leave.

But if she decided while we where in a relationship then I would have to talk to her about it and crazy as this my sound help her experience this if she has always had these feelings. Telling me means that she feels safe and comfortable around me and want me to help her make this happen. If I flip on her it could hurt her for future relationships to come because she could feel like she has to hind who she is.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Been there, done that although she had 'decided' she was bi before we met. It was a real turn on to hear about her past exploits with women and for her to point out hot women in the street!

I did used to get a lot of comments along the lines of 'how can you trust her?' when friends found out. Fidelity is fidelity either way was always my answer. The chances of her cheating on me are the same no matter what her sexuality!
0 likes
Quote by Dudealicious

I am with Clum on this one, I am not sure a woman just wakes up one day and decides....HEY! I would love to eat some pussy today...even though I have never done it before, today seems like the perfect day!

Dude, I don't suggest that anyone ever wakes up bi, more likely the announcement might even be anticipated; but however it happens, it does still happen.

Que Sera, Sera
Lurker
0 likes
It would hurt my relationship, as it would feel like i wasnt good enough for her.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've been in this situation.
My first thought when she told me this was "Awesome!"
Then she made it very clear that she was not at all interested in a 3 way.
She said the idea of me seeing her with another woman made her very uncomfortable. I told her that I was not comfortable with her pursuing those feelings without me around.
I guess the bi partner needs to be really comfortable with being bi before any partner participation and exploration is a good idea. Now that I write that down it seems very obvious.
I would just caution any of you guys that get this news for the first time to take it slow and not just jump up and down with a hard on over it. Talk it over and find out where their head is at before you get too excited.
Lurker
0 likes
My ex ended up with a girlfriend I was cool with it but the girlfriend was not cool with me being around. Not talking about a threesome or anything, she was just jealous that I existed, so I was eventually divorced. My ex had often talked of trying a threesome, my regret was that when she did I was not involved. That is how she made the acquaintance with her girlfriend.
Lurker
0 likes
Hurray! That means she owns up to what her real feelings are. The is no down side in being honest to yourself and to others.
0 likes
My gf is bisexual and it adds to the relationship. But that's also a function of us. She's hella awesome just as a person so that's why it works. I've dated other people where the fact that they are bi actually causes friction. In these cases, they were not awesome people.

I think whether it adds to the relationship or detracts from the relationship depends on the significant other: it's a highly individualized thing.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i think it depends on the couple and how close they are before introducing anyone into the relationship. bi-sexuality as a another facet of personality is great but to augment a relationship that is lacking in intimacy may not work. my girl is bi but enjoys girls as 'fun'. she sees our relationship as the emotional/intimate one ... at least that's what she tells me. ;0)
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
The real trick to this is the other girl has to be bi too. If I'm fighting for attention from my own girlfriend in bed, there are probably going to be problems. But, she's not bi as far as I know. I like to have the attention of whoever I'm with. Sorry if that sounds selfish
0 likes
Perhaps the most important thing is acceptance.
I know a guy that killed himself because his wife realized she was bi... He wanted her to watch him as he shot himself, like he wanted her pity as he died... Seriously fucked up.

He should have accepted it and tried to work out the relationship issues...
If that did not work...
move on.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i certainly would be intrigued, but ii think it would be a little weird if she decided that after we started seeing each other
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
If shes happy, I am happier!
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
If shes happy, I am happier! just be honest, and be sure its not a "filler" for me.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Dark_Lord
It would hurt my relationship, as it would feel like i wasnt good enough for her.

I agree 100%, nothing good can come from it, believe me I know, I used to foolishly date one
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
After 25 years of marriage, I would wonder who she was and what she did with my real wife. But I think it might hurt our relationship. I would giver her permission to go for it, but I wouldn't have high hopes of success.
My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
definitly add to the relationship.
no I wouldnt have to be a part to it.
no I wouldnt say no if she wanted me to be a part of it.
I think anything a woman does sexually will add to the sex that I have with her. i dont want someone with no experience, I want someone with either a lot of experience, or the willingness to experiment.
Lurker
0 likes
If my wife discovered that she was Bi, I would like to think that it would add to our relationship. Not in the sense that I would have another partner to play with, I'm not a huge of fan of more then one partner at a time since it takes away focus from any one person, but I can't really say that for certain. I would think that there would be a huge potential for jealousy and mistrust in a situation like that.
0 likes
Quote by FtLMale
Perhaps the most important thing is acceptance.
I know a guy that killed himself because his wife realized she was bi... He wanted her to watch him as he shot himself, like he wanted her pity as he died... Seriously fucked up.

He should have accepted it and tried to work out the relationship issues...
If that did not work...
move on.

The night that changed my life, a four part series of a married man lusting after his co-worker

[URL=http://www.lushstories.com/stories/reluctance/the-night-that-changed-my-life-1.aspx][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WPPsy.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Lurker
0 likes
I think that question has more than two answers. I think it would be extremely important to acknowledge her sexual identity and moreover allow her to explore it in whatever way she needed to. Given that my girlfriend is more or less straight and I am incredibly... not straight, I think it would be an interesting experience. I don't think it would intrinsically be a good or bad thing, though. I would be pleased to help her explore that side of herself, and probably even go so far as to accept her right to experience sex with another (biological) woman. I would of course prefer to be involved in it, and if that weren't an option as far as she were concerned, I would want to know why. I believe in being as open as possible when it comes to sex, but the way it affects any different relationship is never going to be predictable. I love my girlfriend. I want her to be happy. That's really what it comes down to.