Guy code

last reply
9 replies
1.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Is there a guy code as to when you make contact after the first date? Do you wait and set up date number 2 after 3 days no contact? Or do you give an explanation as to why you're not seeking date #2?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by greysgirl87
Is there a guy code as to when you make contact after the first date? Do you wait and set up date number 2 after 3 days no contact? Or do you give an explanation as to why you're not seeking date #2?

I wouldn't say it's guy code, but you definitely don't want to seem to starved for attention where your texting non stop right away. At the same time you still need her to feel like your interested (unless your not). Finding that balance can be tricky and its different for everyone. 3 days to me seems a bit extreme especially now with a smart phone on everyone's hand. Or I'm just a big idiot an know nothing about women.
I just want to be someone's everything....is that a problem?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by getnakedwithme

I wouldn't say it's guy code, but you definitely don't want to seem to starved for attention where your texting non stop right away. At the same time you still need her to feel like your interested (unless your not). Finding that balance can be tricky and its different for everyone. 3 days to me seems a bit extreme especially now with a smart phone on everyone's hand. Or I'm just a big idiot an know nothing about women.

GNWM

Since if you and I had a date, it would mean we had already had sex. Some seem to still think I am better than average. So if I had not heard on the third day for a second audition, you better believe you would have been dropped from my directory.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I usually communicate within 24 hours, usually less. Dont necessarily propose another date then, but continuing a dialoge about mutual interests ect... is enjoyable.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don’t know if you want my unbiased opinion or not, but you’re going to get it anyway. smile  Personally, I think that so called ‘3-day-rule’ is about the dumbest thing anyone could follow. If you and I had a date and everything went well with both of us having a wonderful time, why in the world would I wait for three days before contacting you? That doesn’t make any sense. What I would do, would be to let you know at the end of our date, that I’d had a wonderful time and would like to see you again. Maybe next time we could do such-and-such or whatever. Even if we didn’t set a specific day and time, you would know with no uncertainty that I was interested in you. The next day, I’d send you a note simply to THANK YOU for the wonderful time I had, and that I was looking forward to our next meeting. I know that may seem to be ‘old fashioned’ by today’s standards, but I’m an old-fashioned kind of guy. If that seems to ‘pushy or desperate’, as some call it, then I’m sorry, but why make you wonder about how I felt?
If you're feeling bored during this Covid-19 epidemic I’d like to suggest
you take a peek at a story I collaborated with SueBrasil, a brilliant author.
It's about a mistake in judgment a lady makes concerning a friend, based
on the hurtful words of someone that only thinks of himself. Will that
conniving person succeed in ruining a beautiful friendship, or will she see
through his lies? It's gradually creeping up towards the 30,000 mark
and we’d love any votes or hearing whatever comments you may wish
to make. It is listed in my profile under ‘FAVOURITES’ as Apologize.

www.lushstories.com/stories/first-time/apologize.aspx
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by 1nympholes

GNWM

Since if you and I had a date, it would mean we had already had sex. Some seem to still think I am better than average. So if I had not heard on the third day for a second audition, you better believe you would have been dropped from my directory.

Well if sex was involved then that changes everything!
I just want to be someone's everything....is that a problem?
Lurker
0 likes
Yeah there are several secret guy codes....

I am bound by tradition and cannot tell you any of them,

There are codes for dates one through twenty

But there are instances where one could get permission from the "guy council" to skip a code, if for example the guy was extra horny or the girl was extra hot.

This is often relayed by secret hand signals, or coded text messages
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by 1nympholes
So if I had not heard on the third day for a second audition, you better believe you would have been dropped from my directory.

I never understand why it should be up to the guy to contact the woman. Women are all independent these days right? At least I hope so. So who cares who contacts who?

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Lurker
0 likes
A guy gave me his number and I should have called him sooner. I regret that we never got together. The moral of this story is don't wait!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If you know where to send flowers, send some sweet but not too much of an arrangement and let her know you're thinking of her. Ask her out on the card or call her later that day after she received the flowers. That'll give her a chance to call you