All Beauty, No Brains

last reply
22 replies
2.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
So, I met this girl who my friends insisted was the hottest thing that graced the Earth. We were all going to meet at a bar and have a few drink just hanging out with her friends and my friends. When she walked up, I thought I had died and gone to Heaven, but as the night progressed I found myself thinking, "Is she serious? There's no way she can't remember the US President's first name..." I was wrong. She thought his whole last name was BarrackO'Bama.

Okay, the Question! I was wondering if you have ever experienced a girl who is completely drop dead gorgeous then immediately turned off when she opened her mouth.

Go. smile
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Well, when I feel like I'm gonna get turned off by what she says I tend to do most of the talking... I also tend to bring up puppies and shit like that, not politics.

like this....

Me: So the president...

Her: You mean Mr. BarrackO'bama???

Me: Uh yeah... Him... I heard he was part Irish, isn't that interesting?

Her: Oh my god it is, I had no idea!

Me: Yeah... He has a real cute puppy too!

Her: He does!? I have a puppy he is the best ever and I love him blah blah blah blah blah...

Me: Oh wow that is sooooo cool, I love puppies! I'd love to meet him sometime! You want another margarita???

Her: Really? He likes meeting new people he has soooo much energy! Sure I'll take another margarita!

See? Problem solved and hopefully you get to meet her totally awesome puppy later. Then if you play it right, her kitty.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
i've met guys like that, btw, just to be fair - if you steer the conversation away from sports or cars (or sex), they get this look on their face like they totally lost.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sprite
i've met guys like that, btw, just to be fair - if you steer the conversation away from sports or cars (or sex), they get this look on their face like they totally lost.

You mean there's other topics of conversation that aren't about cars, sports, or sex? Who knew!

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by sprite

Oh god, yes... I've known and VERY briefly dated a couple in the past. Usually they are personal trainers and usually the dates require a heavy dose of party atmosphere with loud music to cut down on the need for conversation.

It also helps if you are drunk or high.
Lurker
0 likes
yes, I have met girls and guys like this. LIKE seriously they are airheads, they know absolutley nothing about any subject. If i am talking to them im just like "just stop talking your making yourself look stupid." i tend to not get along with air heads just becausse they can't have actual conversations. Because even if they don't mean to their stupidity pisses me offsilly
Lurker
0 likes
Can I ever relate to this. In 1988, I was living in Mt Pleasant, Michigan. While I was there I dated a beautiful young lady named Angie. The sex was incredible, but she was dumb as dirt. As long as we stay in bed, life was great, but every time she opened her mouth in public I wanted to crawl under a table and act as if I didn't know her. The odd part is, I was able to ignore her ignorance because all my male friends were secretly High Fiving me when they saw us together. The final straw came when a friend of mine, Ingrid ask me what the Hell I was thinking. She even said, "I am sure the sex is great, but Damn Wayne - you can do better than that thing. It shocked every male friend I had when I broke up with her, but I regained respect among the ladies in our circle. I also knew that I could never have a long term relationship with anyone that lacked intellectual curiosity. Now for the flip side of this story. I made the right decision, but there was the occasional lonely night that I regretted my choice.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix
Well, when I feel like I'm gonna get turned off by what she says I tend to do most of the talking... I also tend to bring up puppies and shit like that, not politics.

like this....

Her: He does!? I have a puppy he is the best ever and I love him blah blah blah blah blah...

Me: Oh wow that is sooooo cool, I love puppies! I'd love to meet him sometime! You want another margarita???

Her: Really? He likes meeting new people he has soooo much energy! Sure I'll take another margarita!

See? Problem solved and hopefully you get to meet her totally awesome puppy later. Then if you play it right, her kitty.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by LittleMissBitch
Quote by Magical_felix

like this....

But, every time I start doin most the talking, she starts thinking the same shit about me

But, every time I start doin most the talking, she starts thinking the same shit about me

Lurker
0 likes
I only require intelligent talk and good grammar when I'm chatting with someone online. In person, all that I require is a warm cock and the ability to use it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Just because a girl doesn't want to talk politics doesn't mean she is dumb. I try to avoid all political conversation at all cost, because it usually ends up somebody getting mad. I dislike politics very strongly, and I feel like if I am on a date and that person will bring up something political that I have break out the advil.HQ4km5feO9v7ZZOV
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Sexi_virgin you're too cute for words......"I have to break out the advil." I gotta admit, I've never had a date who had to break out the Advil.........yet. Who in their right fucking mind takes out a girl they are attracted to and talks politics? Sorry, movies, books, poetry, sports, sex, the full moon, the sunset, oh look at the pretty flowers, my don't you look fucking hot in that dress....lots of things to discuss other than the Euro debt crisis and the Arab spring.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sexi_virgin25
Just because a girl doesn't want to talk politics doesn't mean she is dumb. I try to avoid all political conversation at all cost, because it usually ends up somebody getting mad. I dislike politics very strongly, and I feel like if I am on a date and that person will bring up something political that I have break out the advil.QZh4v51cpKJOwrph

Yep i agree with this. I HATE politics, and everyone says 'oh it affects you, you have to know whats going on' but actually i dont care, nor wish to care.

I also hate people who are too intellectual. All they talk about is politics/the environment/the economy and other boring shit no one wants to know and look down on you because you're not up to date with whatevers happening in the Middle East etc.

Luckily for me I have a very good judge of personality, and steer well clear of the airheads and intellectuals pretty quickly, so i've never had a date/fling with someone like that
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by flytoomuch
Sexi_virgin you're too cute for words......"I have to break out the advil." I gotta admit, I've never had a date who had to break out the Advil.........yet. Who in their right fucking mind takes out a girl they are attracted to and talks politics? Sorry, movies, books, poetry, sports, sex, the full moon, the sunset, oh look at the pretty flowers, my don't you look fucking hot in that dress....lots of things to discuss other than the Euro debt crisis and the Arab spring.

Right on! Treat us like girls! We don't need to talk politcs and world affairs. Just coz we don't watch the news doesnt make us dumb it just means we dont like to be depressed about it. Doesnt happen much that nerds and geeks and intellectuals get the really hot girls anyway so this isnt usually a problem for me. Giggles.

xx B.
Lurker
0 likes
Ummm, huh?

Well, met plenty of knockouts, and in the end, if unable to carry a conversation, not of politics, or esteemed higher pursuits, just conversation, then toddles.

Sorry, doesn't matter the degree of knowledge, but the degree of understanding. It don't take a rocket scientist to make good convo.

Boosh!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

like this....

Don't think I'd want to stick around long enough to meet her kitty if that means I had to suffer 3rd degree brain damage.

However I do commend anyone with the ability to act interested in something they don't understand (or care about) at all, takes a lot more patience then I have that’s for sure lol.

Side note: I see a different between being knowledgeable and being smart, I'm sure there are people out there that don't know who the President of the United states is, and I don't believe that means their stupid, just means that’s not something they really care about at all (although, not knowing who the current president is a bit extreme I guess).
Clumeleon
0 likes
I've never really been in this situation, but I think it would be a major turn-off. I mean, she wouldn't have to be the Brain of Britain, just able to hold an intelligent conversation. I get that not everyone's into politics, but that's really basic knowledge.
Cogent Sensualist
0 likes
Quote by MoonChilde
I only require intelligent talk and good grammar when I'm chatting with someone online. In person, all that I require is a warm cock and the ability to use it.

Sooooo, you have higher standards online than in person? Interesting.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I suppose I have left a lot to interpretation. First off, I most definitely did not mean to say that there aren't plenty, if not more, guys in the world like the girl I met. Secondly, I also didn't mean to confine this to the realm of politics. There were many indicators throughout the night that just couldn't be ignored. I was just wondering about everyones' experience in the matter of brain versus beauty. Personally, I applaud the general public of the girls on Lush for having intelligence that matches their sex drive. In my opinion, there couldn't be a single more attractive combination in a woman/man.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
And to clarify, we had been talking about the new commercial with Michelle Obama in it about basketball, and she asked why Michelle Obama's last name was different then her husband's. Also, it was hardly a date, more just a group of friends.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Ursatysfaction
I suppose I have left a lot to interpretation. First off, I most definitely did not mean to say that there aren't plenty, if not more, guys in the world like the girl I met. Secondly, I also didn't mean to confine this to the realm of politics. There were many indicators throughout the night that just couldn't be ignored. I was just wondering about everyones' experience in the matter of brain versus beauty. Personally, I applaud the general public of the girls on Lush for having intelligence that matches their sex drive. In my opinion, there couldn't be a single more attractive combination in a woman/man.

I'd assume that the tread became directed at girls only because the majority of the posters (I assume) are either straight, or wouldn't think of dating a guy in the first place, much less someone with the intelligence of a road flare. There are of course plenty of stupid guys out there, but I won't hang out with them as friends much less have the desire to date one (I don't hang out with really smart people either, because you know, there is that happy point where you understand the other person and it all works, and then there are the two other points where either they don't understand you or you don't understand them, and that just gets old fast if its constant).
Lurker
0 likes
Wow, this thread is very revealing. ; )

To answer the original question, I don't know about "met", but I had that experience the first time I saw Drew Barrymore on The Late Show. She's "like, really deep n'stuff.. y'know?"
The Linebacker
0 likes
All beauty and no brains...the attraction will wear off very quickly.