Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

What is you views on having a fwb or fuck buddy?

last reply
30 replies
3.7k views
0 watchers
4 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes

Im in the point of my life where im ready for a realationship but the again im only 18 and in my second year of college, there is alot of wildness that needs to be released. So im debating on should i just get a fwb or fuck buddy until then. Any Comments or Offers lol
Lurker
0 likes
Not to sound sexist or anything but I think its a routine that a man can deal with better. I'm not saying that women don't do it either; but having listening to friends I've not heard a situation where it has worked. It really depends on the persons involved.

I could be completely wrong though. Lets wait and see the rest of the responses.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
As a woman its not something I could do, I tend to get emotionally involved
As Holly said it would depend on the people concerned but generally someones feelings would get hurt I imagine
Lurker
0 likes
Ok i know this was meant for the girls but having done FBW and fuck buddies ima tell you now, it never works. Ya we as guys can easily think only about sex but in the end almost all the girls i have been fwb with have ended up wanting to be more and it becomes really awkward since you don't want more but at the same time you want the sex. I felt like a huge dick after my last fwb confessed to me :l. Im not saying it isnt possible to have a girl that doesnt become attached but im saying its really unlikely. Shed probably have to like sex more than you ;p
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
Quote by Hazim17
Ok i know this was meant for the girls but having done FBW and fuck buddies ima tell you now, it never works. Ya we as guys can easily think only about sex but in the end almost all the girls i have been fwb with have ended up wanting to be more and it becomes really awkward since you don't want more but at the same time you want the sex. I felt like a huge dick after my last fwb confessed to me :l. Im not saying it isnt possible to have a girl that doesnt become attached but im saying its really unlikely. Shed probably have to like sex more than you ;p

I think I know what you are saying here, Hazim17.

To put it a little more clear ... most men can dig the FWB for JUST sex .... but the women can become emotional attached, therefore the sex isn't just sex anymore.

I suggest just go out and have fun ... lots of people (both sexes) just hook up for sex but it's not ongoing. Good luck!

PA xo
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Me personal I'm like half & half I can get emotional attached but then again I could careless. Overall I would love too be friends I never want too lose a person out of my life smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I had an ex who ended up a fuck buddy,It was comfortable because we knew and liked each other, but had decided a relationship wasn't in the cards.I'd call and say''hey lets get drunk and screw ''and she'd say ''wouldn't hurt'' so very loose and fun
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I lost my virginity in a FWB relationship. I put on my rose coloured glasses and believed that this guy was my boyfriend even if it was long distance. Also he kept hammering in we were just friends that did a bit on the side. So I had a lot of emotions dealing in this non - existant realtionship.

I did think a lot of this guy however after a year I met my current boyfriend and I gave the guy the flick. A part of me wishes I was still was a virgin when I met my boyfriend but you can't undo the past.
Lurker
0 likes
Def works for me...No R,Ship Hang Ups
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Actually I find that men are the ones that end up emotionally involved and wanting more in a FB or FWB situation.

In these scenarios there are usually specific reasons why I would never go for a full-blown relationship with a FB and no matter how great the sex might be, it doesn't really change my feelings on it.

On the other hand, I've had FB's get jealous and territorial about me and start to complicate a good thing.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I believe its more for a guy than anything girls tend to get too emotional and fall in love easier i dont really wanta relationships specially online waste of time so fb or fwbs are better for online i think anyway
Lurker
0 likes
The way I see it,I'd rather have a FWB than picking up a stranger in a bar.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It's all sounds good.

But I know I'd probably get all attached and screw up a good relationship haha
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
It truly depends on what type of person your dealing with
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am a guy, biut will weigh in here anyway. The bottom line for me is, I can't do it. I get myself all bollixed up with emotions, and I tend to confuse lust with love. Ultimately, each time I have tried the FWB thing, we have both ended up being hurt. So I have gone without a sexual partner for the past several years.

But that is just me. I suppose with the right two people, it is entirely possible to maintain a relationship like that, with neither party being hurt.
"There's only three tempos: slow, medium and fast. When you get between in the cracks, ain't nuthin' happenin'." Ben Webster
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have one. I thought he was just there for a fuck but he listens to my problems. Two in one. Woop.
VIOLENT FOREPLAY
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My brothers mine, that way I know I wont get emotional.
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
not my cup of tea. HOWEVER, if both parties are clear about the expectations of the relationship, then why not?

Say. Her. Name.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sexysamantha69
I have one. I thought he was just there for a fuck but he listens to my problems. Two in one. Woop.

sexysamantha to have you as a fwb id listen to ur problems , ur likes dislikes . hell id listen to ur life story. LOL
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well I don't necessarily agree that guys are better at the whole FB or FWB thing? I have girlfriends and also my mom who tries to just have a relationship based mainly around sex, but the guys usually get very clingy and needy very fast? Basically my mom says guys are very insecure and once you give them sex they want more and more to feed their insecurities. Two of my girlfriends had guys they knew who were really good in bed, but outside of that they were not really very interesting. They both tried to just "hook up" but the guys kept wanting more? And plus when you start seeing other guys their whole jealousy thing starts. Anyway....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
This is my opinion and I'm going to be honest...Get your degree then the relationship. The FWB or Fbuddy isn't worth it. The emotional part has been addressed so I will address other issues. How about your reputation. Don't say they promised not to tell. As I have found out the hard way when trusting someone with a secret..never ever trust. I read a funny clip that said there are two kinds of secrets the kind that aren't worth telling and the kind that are too good to be kept. Also, if you think your professors won't know then guess again. I know of two girls that was FWB and was not accepted into academic societies due to immorality. Plus, Professors are human and can be judgmental, which could affect your grades. If you think keeping attract of your grades will solve that issue guess again. My professors would give grades on class participation and progression in class. You will have no control of these grades. Think of it this way...do you really want to give up a great future for a few minutes of pleasure??? Don't throw your future away. There will be time for intimacy and fun after you get that degree. If I sound like a mother, sorry but I have my regrets in life and some never seem to go away even with time. It's just not worth the risk of your future or diseases that are so rampant at college.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
it's hard to do even when lesbian...about the only time I have ever been able to is if their married
Lurker
0 likes
As a girl who has had a fuck buddy they are great as long as both of you set ground rules in the beginning of your relationship. Also, my last fwb would have sex with me then leave directly afterward. Don't do this if the person you are having this type of relationship with is a friend then act like nothing has changed other than you having sex with each other. Hope this helps you out.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
When I was 17 I lost my virginity to en ex-boyfriend, we decided to be FWB....that was 8years ago and we just celebrated our 4year wedding anniversary, we started going out about a week after first sleeping together, lol, definetely FWB didn't work for us!! Got something better out of it though.
Try anything once, twice if you like it.
Check out my stories below, enjoy! ;)

https://www.lushstories.com/rubz/stories
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Has its benefits!!!!
Lurker
0 likes
with out a doubt it is a beautiful way to be
Lurker
0 likes
Any Comments or Offers lol

No offers.

Comments are that men tend to expect emotional commitment from a women after having sex with her because they expect her to need reassurance that it wasn't a one off, he was the best ever and she was special. Some women like to experiment with other women purely for sex but don't want any kind of relationship.

Welcome to my world, I'm 50/50 bisexual and get the best and worst of both worlds.
Lurker
0 likes
I think, in my experience at least, you have to have seriously established beforehand that there's no possibility or want of a relationship.

I used to regularly sleep with the most insanely hot, insanely nice guy ever but I (and him, I assume for he never got clingy or any such thing) had already established in my mind that I didn't want a relationship with him - point blank. He was too much older than me, he still lived with his parents (which I can't forgive at that age!!), chose to spend his money on weed as opposed to a haircut (although the lack of haircut thing worked out quite nicely.....mmm), there was no WAY I wanted to be in a relationship with that. I did, however, want to shag it. A lot.

On a side note...I know some people like to have a complete lack of intimacy in these kinds of 'relationships' but I quite like a bit of....well, 'tenderness', I suppose. I liked that he told me I was beautiful, gave me a big hug when he saw me; I think it's always nice to be appreciated as a person as well as as a good lay.
Active Ink Slinger
1 like
As a man, I have had 3 FWB. I do not agree with the comments about a woman not being able to handle it. The key factor is where a person is in their life, unless they are straight up nyphos. one of my FB jut left the Navy. She has 2 kids, both through artificial insemination. She loves sex, but does not want a man. She like what I do and we have a very open relationship when it comes to talking about and having sex. We have drinks but we never talk about kids, family, and such. Pura vida. Another was just a pure nympho. Role play, toys, in public, groups, whatever. The third, smoking hot in between things and looking for someone to drink, eat, dance and play. ...... Awesome time. When she wanted to start dating, we had one last romp in the hay and bid each other ado.