What is the best way for a guy to...

last reply
23 replies
2.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
What is the best way for a guy to approach you at a bar?
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
With his beautiful bi-sexual girlfriend he intends to offer up to me...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Be confident,be funny and most of all don't be a jerk if I turn you away. Ohh and dont be drunk.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by NaughtyKat
Be confident,be funny and most of all don't be a jerk if I turn you away. Ohh and dont be drunk.

Good answer! What Kat said. Xxx
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
drunk is a put off, be funny yes, laughing is sexy ok, just be nice just be yooooooooooooooou xxx
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by HeraTeleia
Send over a drink first, paying attention to what I'm already drinking, then come over, introduce yourself, and be--as others have said--confident, relatively sober, and most importantly, don't try to be someone you're not.

I was really surprised at this response (I mean the sending over a drink part) I would have thought any male who tried this was being somewhat presumptious. However if ever I'm in Canada I'll remember this.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
idont think anything can beat eyes meeting across the room/bar. I nod or toast to acknowledge the other person. Then after a moment or two, come over and say hi.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Musigal
idont think anything can beat eyes meeting across the room/bar. I nod or toast to acknowledge the other person. Then after a moment or two, come over and say hi.

I also love the smouldering looks from the other side of the bar, but after this it is essential you have the nerve to come over and talk.

Of course offering up your bisexual girlfriend, if she is yours to offer, would also do.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by NaughtyKat

This! Just this!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
no cheesy pick up line...eek!
She's a saint with the lips of a sinner.
- r.m. drake
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
Just be friendly and casual and strike up a conversation. Don't ask for sex in your first sentence (you'll just come off as drunk or an idiot or both). Yes, pay enough attention to be flattering, or even offer to buy me a drink if we're both at the bar and already chatting. Once the ice has been broken its all so much easier.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by HeraTeleia
Send over a drink first, paying attention to what I'm already drinking, then come over, introduce yourself, and be--as others have said--confident, relatively sober, and most importantly, don't try to be someone you're not.

Personally, I much prefer the offer of a drink to having one sent over. I feel obligated to talk to someone if they've done something like that - but that's just me.
A bit of eye contact across the bar is always a good sign for approaching a girl.
Other than that, be confident, sincere, casual.

Oh and please don't insult me if I refuse.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier
With his beautiful bi-sexual girlfriend he intends to offer up to me...

Sounds good, just let us know which bar to meet you at. And by "us" I mean my girlfriend and I, she looks a bit like Natascha Mcelhone (Karen in Californication).
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by adirtysecretboy

Why would someone insult you if you refuse??

I totally don't get that one at all.

I think that is a respectful move and totally the opposite to an insult.

Why waste each others time, if more people were honest with each other we would be happier.

I know it's not the norm but I've been in a bar a few times and a guy has approached me, offered to buy me a drink etc. I've either been in a relationship or not interested and politely said 'thank you but no thank you'. Then said guy goes back to his mates and starts loudly saying 'she must be a lesbian' like that's some derogatory thing.
That's what I'd rather not hear.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Just be clean, well dressed unless it is a Beach Bar, not drunk and friendly.

This line always works "I am Kevin or Nigel and I just came over to say hi!"

Of course if you are hot and your name is Nikki or Bethany there are no rules.

But even if I do not throw you back in the pond, that does not mean were are heading to a Motel Room or maybe it does.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
No overused pick-up lines, eye contact (this is definitely required), be confident when approaching a girl (not over-confident, mind you), don't be drunk out of your mind. Show interest with body language (esp. before approaching)!
Most of all, please don't be rude and be a good game if things don't go as planned. smile
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by manny779

Offer a drink through the bar tender
If I accept the same and smile at him...... then .............................................
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Nyaeve80

I also love the smouldering looks from the other side of the bar, but after this it is essential you have the nerve to come over and talk.

Of course offering up your bisexual girlfriend, if she is yours to offer, would also do.

I think after a little liquid courage that wouldnt be an issue. Although no gf ATM, so I guess Id just have to send myself over.. biggrin
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Don't wait until you're beyond intoxicated, huge turn off. Be confident and yourself and no cheesy pick up lines... please.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Musigal

I think after a little liquid courage that wouldnt be an issue. Although no gf ATM, so I guess Id just have to send myself over.. biggrin

That would be fine as well, as long as you find your way to me!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by manny779

By turning around and walking out the door he just came in by