Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Main difference between cocky and confident?

last reply
32 replies
2.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Ladies I know you like confident men... But where do you draw the line between some being confident and someone being cocky?
Thanksgiving already?!?!
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
A guy who says "I know" this will happen rather than saying "I hope" this happens.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
If he's more confident than I am, I most likely wouldn't be able to stand him! I can barely stand ME!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Angi
A guy who says "I know" this will happen rather than saying "I hope" this happens.

I would agree. I also feel I should be more clear, I'm strictly referring to the confidence and cockiness in a situation of a male either trying to impress you. But it seems most everyone got that.
Thanksgiving already?!?!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Beffer
If he's more confident than I am, I most likely wouldn't be able to stand him! I can barely stand ME!

I actually think this is a perfect example. I feel someone confident would either compliment you enough to make you still the focus where as someone more on the cocky and makes it a competition.
Thanksgiving already?!?!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by HeraTeleia
The confident man has no reason to be cocky.

Simply put and couldn't agree more.
Thanksgiving already?!?!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Angi

I know this thread is meant for the ladies so I apologize for intruding, but I can't help but wonder, is it the confident man that says "I know"? Or is he being cocky at that moment?
If you're feeling bored during this Covid-19 epidemic I’d like to suggest
you take a peek at a story I collaborated with SueBrasil, a brilliant author.
It's about a mistake in judgment a lady makes concerning a friend, based
on the hurtful words of someone that only thinks of himself. Will that
conniving person succeed in ruining a beautiful friendship, or will she see
through his lies? It's gradually creeping up towards the 30,000 mark
and we’d love any votes or hearing whatever comments you may wish
to make. It is listed in my profile under ‘FAVOURITES’ as Apologize.

www.lushstories.com/stories/first-time/apologize.aspx
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I apologize for commenting in this forum but it struck a cord.

Confidence is manifested in how one treats other people and how those people feel after the experience. Cockiness is a drain on one's soul whereas confidence is a soul enabler.

For me, the ultimate "eye-candy" is seeing a confident woman in her element. the phrase from a song comes to mind to visualize this, "even her shadow has grace"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
One has the effect making things moist, the other tends to dry everything up smile
0 likes
Cocky men can't handle bluntness or criticism. Confident men don't have fragile egos, so they can receive feedback.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Trying2_lovemyself, I think that is a very good definition. I might add to that by saying that "Confident men (and women) can not only receive constructive feedback, but they welcome it because they are always looking for ways to improve themselves. They don't see any comments as being an attack on their personality or abilities. It's no wonder that people like to be around a confident person because they exude a strength that draws others to them."

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
One gets you laid, the other doesn’t.
"A dirty book is rarely dusty"
0 likes
I love men who are a mix of both.

Confident men tend to yap a lot while cocky men tend to flex.
A mix of both is necessary.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by PrincessC

One gets you laid, the other doesn’t.

Unfortunately, Princess, that is quite often the case. For some strange reason that I've never fully understood, many women, not all I'll admit, seem to be attracted to that 'Bad Boy' type (cocky) guy. The nice guy (confident man) gets overlooked. He is thought of as a nice guy, maybe a good friend, but he is invisible. It shouldn't be that way, but many times it is. That old adage of 'the squeaky wheel gets the grease' seems to be true.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by LikeToWrite

Unfortunately, Princess, that is quite often the case. For some strange reason that I've never fully understood, many women, not all I'll admit, seem to be attracted to that 'Bad Boy' type (cocky) guy. The nice guy (confident man) gets overlooked. He is thought of as a nice guy, maybe a good friend, but he is invisible. It shouldn't be that way, but many times it is. That old adage of 'the squeaky wheel gets the grease' seems to be true.

I meant that confidence gets you laid. That old gripe about how nice guys finish last is rubbish. It’s men trying to justify deserving sex by doing the bare minimum. “I didn’t say anything mean to you so why won’t you fuck me im invisible woman are so mean they only go for dicks”. I’ve had men repeatedly complain to others about how I don’t give them the time of day when they have never actually expressed interest verbally. Confidence is what’s sexy. Knowing your mind and being assertive. Cockiness is boring and reeks of insecurity to me. That’s just my own opinion.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think some women can come across as being cocky or arrogant . This incident happened a couple of years ago. I was at a busy bar and coming back from the Gents . when this very attractive lady started chatting me up who was very cocky and also confident at the same time . I clocked her keeping tabs on me for some time after previous visits to the bar . In the end she did ask me out in a roundabout way and I politely declined as gently as I could as I am married and advised her so. As I was walking back to the party that I was with which included my wife! , she grabbed me around the waist and said something like your not going any where . At this moment after freeing myself from her clutches her friend whisked her away and apologised to me . It appears I am one of those rare people that have turned down such an attractive lady but her friend knew my reasons and understood them. I think this is a case of not taking rejection too well even though it wasn't really rejection more of being unavailable .
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by LikeToWrite

I know this thread is meant for the ladies so I apologize for intruding, but I can't help but wonder, is it the confident man that says "I know"? Or is he being cocky at that moment?

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by noll

This thread is in the 'Ask the Gals' section. Also, the original poster, Ds7893, wrote "Ladies I know you like confident men... But where do you draw the line between some being confident and someone being cocky?"

Noll, I know these forums are open to anyone, male or female, however, it seems to me that Ds7893 was directing his question to the ladies, moreso than us guys.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Cocky does the talk, confident walks the walk
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by PrincessC

I meant that confidence gets you laid. That old gripe about how nice guys finish last is rubbish. It’s men trying to justify deserving sex by doing the bare minimum. “I didn’t say anything mean to you so why won’t you fuck me im invisible woman are so mean they only go for dicks”. I’ve had men repeatedly complain to others about how I don’t give them the time of day when they have [B]never actually expressed interest verbally.[/B] Confidence is what’s sexy. Knowing your mind and being assertive. [B]Cockiness is boring and reeks of insecurity to me.[/B] That’s just my own opinion.

You said,”… never actually expressed interest verbally.” I think that is a fair assessment, because quite a few men assume the woman is a mind reader. He knows what he’s thinking, so he assumes she should know also.

You said, “Cockiness is boring and reeks of insecurity to me.” I’ll agree it could be boring, especially since I’ve heard many women complain that they get that from guys quite often. Insecurity? Maybe. He may be feeling a bit insecure now because he has or is about to step outside of his comfort zone, so overcompensates and goes to the other extreme. To everyone, it would appear that he was anything but insecure, however, I suppose in a way, even that could be classed as being insecure, since his insecurity is the root cause of how he is acting.

On the other hand, suppose he is the type of guy that honestly believes in his own mind that he is ‘Gods gift to women’, therefor you should feel honoured to be with him. Why wouldn’t you, after all, since he knows he is the greatest there is, you will never find anyone better. To my way of thinking, that would be a good example of cockiness, and therefor not attractive. Would you define a situation like that as a sign of confidence or cockiness?

Lurker
0 likes
Cocky is loud and obnoxious. Confident is calm and reassuring.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Cocky only thinks he knows what he's talking about. Confidence is knowing that you know what you're talking about
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Beffer

We know the feeling.....jk.
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by LikeToWrite
This thread is in the 'Ask the Gals' section. Also, the original poster, Ds7893, wrote "Ladies I know you like confident men... But where do you draw the line between some being confident and someone being cocky?"

Noll, I know these forums are open to anyone, male or female, however, it seems to me that Ds7893 was directing his question to the ladies, moreso than us guys.

Mine was simply a lighthearted reference to:

Quote by Angi

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by LikeToWrite

You said,”… never actually expressed interest verbally.” I think that is a fair assessment, because quite a few men assume the woman is a mind reader. He knows what he’s thinking, so he assumes she should know also.

You said, “Cockiness is boring and reeks of insecurity to me.” I’ll agree it could be boring, especially since I’ve heard many women complain that they get that from guys quite often. Insecurity? Maybe. He may be feeling a bit insecure now because he has or is about to step outside of his comfort zone, so overcompensates and goes to the other extreme. To everyone, it would appear that he was anything but insecure, however, I suppose in a way, even that could be classed as being insecure, since his insecurity is the root cause of how he is acting.

On the other hand, suppose he is the type of guy that honestly believes in his own mind that he is ‘Gods gift to women’, therefor you should feel honoured to be with him. Why wouldn’t you, after all, since he knows he is the greatest there is, you will never find anyone better. To my way of thinking, that would be a good example of cockiness, and therefor not attractive. Would you define a situation like that as a sign of confidence or cockiness?

A guy who believes he is as you say “Gods gift to women” would be cocky and also a touch delusional. Confidence doesn’t require delusions of grandeur. I think the answer to your question was self evident.
Princess Popsicle
0 likes
A cocky man tells you why you should be interested in him and tries to force it. He gets butt hurt and potentially aggressive when he doesn't get his own way.

A confident man shows you, through his actions, reciprocal interest and patience, why you should want to be with him. A confident man has enough substance and class to accept rejection and doesn't start hurling insults should you not wish to fuck him.
If you like first time, bisexual or teen then please read this and help make it famous!

My First Time With a Girl
Saucy Little Minx ♥️
0 likes
Quote by doctorlove
Cocky only thinks he knows what he's talking about. Confidence is knowing that you know what you're talking about

I totally agree
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Confident people don't sound cocky
My Stories

No Ordinary Gal

Fucked and Taken

That Special Evening
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Confidence is being comfortable and accepting of who you really are.

Confidence is having the humility to admit when you’ve been wrong.

Confidence is not feeling threatened or intimidated by someone who may be smarter, better looking, more accomplished etc.