Is Thong panties going out of style?

last reply
31 replies
3.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I work at Victoria's Secret and noticed lately that women aren't buying as many Thongs. So I'm asking what kind of panties do you wear on a normal basis?
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
0 likes
I don't think underwear typically goes out of style.

Some people wear thongs with any and everything. I only wear them with certain clothing when I don't want my panty line to show.

Perhaps because it's getting colder, people are veering more towards the underwear that covers more for practical purposes.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

The Linebacker
0 likes
Thongs going out of style is forbidden!
Lurker
0 likes
I am seeing more Brazilian, hipsters and boy shorts panties in the stores around where I live. But there are still plenty of thongs and g strings available. I like having some of each!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Buz

I could love a man like that.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I wear cotton bikinis usually, but I still wear thongs about as often as I ever did, when I don't want panty-lines. Tell Les Wexner not to stop carrying them at VS!
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
Quote by Dani
Some people wear thongs with any and everything. I only wear them with certain clothing when I don't want my panty line to show.

Depending on the sizing of your thong (wearing too small of one will definitely provide thong lines) .... and what you are actually wearing, the rule of thumb should be: Don't presume that there are no thong lines!! Check out how you look from the back!

When in doubt IF there could be any panty/thong lines ..... go commando!
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
Quote by carrielee3614
I work at Victoria's Secret and noticed lately that women aren't buying as many Thongs. So I'm asking what kind of panties do you wear on a normal basis?

I am a big fan of boyshorts or bikini-styled panties.

I have thong panties, but don't wear them often .... I tend to wear either a g-string or nothing if I'm wearing a dress or skirt that is form fitting.
Lurker
0 likes
I never cared for thongs. I was told to try them, but I prefer sexy and comfortable.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Buz

Speak life brother.
Someone has to be the Villain
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I know this is ask the girls but I damn well hope not!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I wear both... I dont thi nk much has changed in preferences
Sexy Mature Female!!
Lurker
0 likes
I hope not as I wear them most of the time
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't think they have gone out of style. I still wear them most of the time, or Brazilian when I am working out, and sleep in Boyshorts or Shorties is what Victoria's Secret calls them! So comfy
Lurker
0 likes
I hate them! Find them so uncomfortable, and I prefer a little covered-up-mystery when I'm looking at a woman's ass.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I wear them all day everyday. If not then I wear g-strings.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
No way!!! But my faves are cheekies. Love Vics secret and Aerie
Lurker
0 likes
I used to wear thongs and g strings all the time. But anymore I prefer to wear boyshorts or bikinis... Really, i wear what ever my man wants me to wear
;)
Lurker
0 likes
only wear them with certain dresses, uncomfortable at best of times sad
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yeah uh no. Thongs are my fave all my girlfriends wear them, not only are they sexy but it means no panty lines on tight pants

Love leila
Lurker
0 likes
Out of style? Are panties a style thing?

Are sales down overall?

I see 'Victoria's Secret' and think '$50.00 for a bra' - maybe that's the problem? Aside that, it's Xmas time. Everyone has other stuff to buy for a while. You have to admit VC is expensive as fuck.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Were they ever in style? I always felt it was more a practical issue of VPL. So it's connected to what kind of outerwear is in style, like if pencil skirts or yoga pants are in thongs are in. But if you're in jeans it doesn't matter, unless they're technically jeggings.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't like thongs - I like a brazilian cut bikini bottom or a french knicker cut smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by MsMinx
I don't like thongs - I like a brazilian cut bikini bottom or a french knicker cut smile

Would you prefer thongs if they had a nationality?
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
NO WAY!! I wear a thong everyday. Just bought a bunch of lacy tongs from Victoria's Secret! Love how they look and feel!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by TwiceTSpice
NO WAY!! I wear a thong everyday. Just bought a bunch of lacy tongs from Victoria's Secret! Love how they look and feel!

haha, I agree, and now you know one of my weakness ;), I mean on girls, not on me, of course smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not as far as I know. I wear a Thong or G-string about 90% of the time. I will also wear Boy Shorts occasionally but mainly either with jeans or just to lounge around in at home.

BTW, someone mentioned things being uncomfortable. I found them to be "different" feeling at first but once I got used to them I hardly know I have them on. The key is to wear the correct size and get quality garments. You do get what you pay for! And except for a few select brands, the "One Size" fits all is a cruel joke, LOL
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Yes Victoria's Secret is expensive but the quality is also we better then your cheap brands. We just had our 7 for $27 sale and I noticed that we were constantly restocking the regular and boyshort styles. There for a while the thongs were the go to panties but it has changed. I guess im trying to say that thongs weren't in style but our style of dressing as changed lately. So please tell me what you think and keep the comments coming. Thanks
Lurker
0 likes
Just ordered 6 new thongs today. I love them