33 votes remaining
Open doors (28 votes) 85%
Pay for everything (2 votes) 6%
Pour my drink (2 votes) 6%
Take my pants off for me (10 votes) 30%
All of the above (17 votes) 52%
Lurker
0 likes
Gals, what chivalrous things do you still expect a guy to do for you?
Lurker
0 likes
you don't have ' do the dishes' on here lol
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I had to think hard about this one lol. I don't usually let someone pay for everything, my pants are probably already off, and I'm the first one to notice my drink is empty and I need another one so you can see where I went with my answer...
Lurker
0 likes
I don't expect anything, but everything I do get is appreciated.
Lurker
0 likes
"Doing the dishes" isn't chivalry, it's slavery.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by roccotool

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by roccotool
Seeker
0 likes
Quote by roccotool

But, Rocco...Having a man do the dishes while I take a hot, soapy bubble bath kinda makes ME want to take him down on the kitchen floor and "reward" him...anyone else?
See, slavery is not all bad...
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Lil_Birdie
Quote by roccotool

But, Rocco...Having a man do the dishes while I take a hot, soapy bubble bath kinda makes ME want to take him down on the kitchen floor and "reward" him...anyone else?
See, slavery is not all bad...

This is a good point. I have rewarded hubby on many occasions for taking on tasks without being asked. It's a lot like giving the lab mouse some cheese, only men usually squeak less.
Lurker
0 likes
I don't expect any of it but, he does all of it most of the time so I'm used to it. And more. He opens the car door for me too. Sometimes he holds a chair for me as well. Others he doesn't.
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by ali2teaseu
I have rewarded hubby on many occasions for taking on tasks without being asked. It's a lot like giving the lab mouse some cheese, only men usually squeak less.

LOL. Quote of the week so far.
Lurker
0 likes
I have rewarded hubby on many occasions for taking on tasks without being asked.

And I've disciplined the Tech Goddess many times when she's failed a task. I've also enjoyed a hot, soapy shower with her, both rewarding and punishing her. She doesn't act like a mouse. Rather, she's definitely a sassy cat.
Lush Legend
0 likes
Quote by sweet_escape

That is always worth more then anything IMHO.....fully agree Sweet...

"Love all, trust a few, and do wrong to none."
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sweet_escape

Well said.
Lurker
0 likes
open the door.
Lurker
0 likes
I was brought up with old fashioned values and manners ;) I believe men and women should look out for each other. I'd never assume or expect any man to pay for me or go crazy with chivalrous gestures, as much as I like to be taken care of, I'm also pretty independent too. I think its the little things that mean the most, the sweet and unassuming, caring things you do out of good nature and or love. I agree with appreciating your special persons actions - anything good they do for you without being asked or prompted is not only a bonus but goes a long way to making one feel loved and cared for.
Lady M xoxox
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I do not enjoy the "Ladies first" in anything. I prefer to open the door for a man, let him walk up the stairs first. I am a Woman of the 21st century. I want to look at his ass.
Living life and enjoying life are two different things... just need to figure out how to do both at the same time to live it right!

Woman... GO FLY A KITE!!!!! Take a slideshow walk with me on a walk through the parks of Inner Mongolia, China. Then enjoy the tale of a very traditional day in the life of a white Woman in China.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I expect to have everything paid for because you WILL be getting more than your money's worth!!!
Bunny12

Bunny Rabbits cute and fuzzy they want to love you but they have razor sharp teeth - don't piss them off!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I truly do not expect much of him except the basics like I guess opening the door, and pulling out my seat. But there is a degree where I want my independence. But when a guy shows chivalry and acts like a knight, he'll be the horse and I'll be the knight doing all the riding!
Constant Gardener
0 likes
This could have been a bit better worded poll, a few more choices, etc...

I had an occasion today to visit the local postal office. As I was leaving, I noticed a neighbor woman (who I rarely speak with) about to exit behind me, as well as a pair of young women about to enter.

I exited and then held the door open for all the oncoming traffic. This is what I normally do, and I've enjoyed having it done for me (by others).

I really think nothing of it.

But some women do not like this act, I suppose they find it patronizing?

Other's (men and women) seem to expect the door to be held so they may pass without further effort and a minority actually verbally thank me or...do so with their eyes and a smile..

It's the little things which are the most important, and the sum of all those little things sometimes produce quite unexpected benefits.

In short...there is nothing wrong with acting as a gentleman should. If it doesn't get you laid more often, it at least might make you feel a bit better about yourself.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have always opened the door for women, held the door, etc. I always thought that it was a sign of good upbringing to do such.

Some women appreciate it very much, but there are some who have snapped my head off for opening or holding a door for them.
You are invited to read Passionate Danger, Part II, a story collaboration by Kim and ArtMan.
http://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/passionate-danger-part-ii.aspx

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm a Southern Belle at heart, so I would like him to:

hold the door for me
open my car door, wait for me to get in, and close it
pull my chair out for me
stand when I rise to leave the table
stand when I return to the table
offer me his coat when I'm chilly
offer to allow me to taste the wine first
Wait until I begin to eat before he does (
unless I encourage him to first)
Call me ma'am or miss if we are unfamiliar (I will always encourage him to call me by my first name, then)

These are not mandatory, obviously, but they ARE typical standards of etiquette, and it's too bad more men don't abide by them. I've raised my 15-year old son to do these things, and I love that he will. I wish more parents would take the time to teach their children manners.

I wasn't raised with manners, so it's not really an excuse for anyone to say they weren't raised that way, so they don't do it. I never hold it against anyone if they are not this well mannered but, if they are, it DEFINITELY leaves a wonderful impression. My husband stood out among others for these very habits.

I'm a loner, Dottie. A Rebel...

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I believe chiverlry is a dying art I never seen so much disrespect for our lady population as I have in the pass 10 years remember guys a little show of respect goes a long way
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by naughtiestmommy

hold the door for me
pull my chair out for me
Call me ma'am or miss if we are unfamiliar (I will always encourage him to call me by my first name, then)

These are not mandatory, obviously, but they ARE typical standards of etiquette, and it's too bad more men don't abide by them. I've raised my 15-year old son to do these things, and I love that he will. I wish more parents would take the time to teach their children manners.

I wasn't raised with manners, so it's not really an excuse for anyone to say they weren't raised that way, so they don't do it. I never hold it against anyone if they are not this well mannered but, if they are, it DEFINITELY leaves a wonderful impression. My husband stood out among others for these very habits.

Well said, NM!
The Linebacker
0 likes
Quote by naughtiestmommy

hold the door for me
pull my chair out for me

That list pretty much mirrors what my mom taught me and my brother. She was very strict about it too. To tell you the truth she tested us on all that.

You can add to that:
walking on the outside when walking down a sidewalk.

But she told me never to order food for the lady in the restaurant, like "the lady will have..." She said that was condescending. Most women I know would whack me over the head with the menu if I tried that anyhow. Actually in college I did that as a prank to one of my girl friends. She whacked me over the head with the menu. haha
Clumeleon
0 likes
I think the reason guys are less and less chivalrous these days is a fear of being called sexist. I have a handful of feminist friends who would bite my head off if I appeared to give them special treatment because they were female. Changing times mean guys don't know what's still kosher and what crosses the PC boundary.

Some guys are just assholes, right enough.
Lurker
0 likes
The Cinderella Story.

She meets Prince Charming and lives happily ever after.

Her story only exists before meeting him.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by clum
I think the reason guys are less and less chivalrous these days is a fear of being called sexist. I have a handful of feminist friends who would bite my head off if I appeared to give them special treatment because they were female. Changing times mean guys don't know what's still kosher and what crosses the PC boundary.

Some guys are just assholes, right enough.

That´s sadly very true! there is some girls that take the feminist side to the core! for me even though i concider myself feminist in the fact that i do believe girls and guys should have equal oportunities in the work force and be pay equally and that we should share house shores because even though in other times guys were the providers and girls were the housewives this days we are both working.

All that said i do know and understand that we ARE diferent and we have diferent roles the woman are more narture and guys are more proctectors and in those diferences we have diferent rolls to fulfill.

So to answer the question here, i dont expect or need the guy to pay for everything, i do expect guys to open the door for me and let me in first, give me his coat if im cold and as buzz said walk in a "protective" way when he is with me.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Buz

That list pretty much mirrors what my mom taught me and my brother. She was very strict about it too. To tell you the truth she tested us on all that.

You can add to that:
walking on the outside when walking down a sidewalk.

But she told me never to order food for the lady in the restaurant, like "the lady will have..." She said that was condescending. Most women I know would whack me over the head with the menu if I tried that anyhow. Actually in college I did that as a prank to one of my girl friends. She whacked me over the head with the menu. haha

lol Too funny! My husband will sometimes do it if I'm feeling introverted lol (though he'd rather I do it, since I have some food allergies and am better at explaining what I cannot have).

Love the one about walking on the outside! I forgot that one. My husband taught my son that one as well. I guess I just take that for granted.

So glad to see chivalry isn't dead, especially in parenting. You're probably a great lover/companion, I bet. ;)

I'm a loner, Dottie. A Rebel...