Stoned Writing

last reply
61 replies
4.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Do you ever smoke up while writing for lush? If so, does it do anything specific for you in terms of the writing?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Why would anyone do that? Smoke of any kind dulls your mind, so it only stands to reason it would lower the quality of your writing.
If you're feeling bored during this Covid-19 epidemic I’d like to suggest
you take a peek at a story I collaborated with SueBrasil, a brilliant author.
It's about a mistake in judgment a lady makes concerning a friend, based
on the hurtful words of someone that only thinks of himself. Will that
conniving person succeed in ruining a beautiful friendship, or will she see
through his lies? It's gradually creeping up towards the 30,000 mark
and we’d love any votes or hearing whatever comments you may wish
to make. It is listed in my profile under ‘FAVOURITES’ as Apologize.

www.lushstories.com/stories/first-time/apologize.aspx
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
The thing about writing stoned (or drunk for that matter) is that it usually makes you feel like you're a genius. Everyone reading usually thinks that you mispelled the word "romnace".

If I had to guess, writing under the influence of whatever can be attractive because it feels spontaneous. No writer's block, no excessive qualms, ideals feels very flowing. On the other hand, I find that spontaneity is quite often (or rather almost always) a lure when it comes to writing. As the ever-wise president Dumbass said:

No one's first draft is ever their best, craft takes time and effort. So maybe you'd want to write stoned then edit sober. But if you're editing, what's the point of writing stoned in the first place?
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by Evanescent
Do you ever smoke up while writing for lush? If so, does it do anything specific for you in terms of the writing?

Weed affects people in different ways and can take your mind places it might not ordinarily venture. Out of habit now, whenever I feel like indulging I keep a notebook and pen handy should inspiration tease me with something delicious. Some of my darkest, most intimidating, and even funniest story ideas have come to me whilst smoking a little herb.

As part of the creative process, if it gets your imagination fired up I say go for it. In the cold light of day, some of the story concepts you come up with won't be so good but sometimes they're fucking killer. Just make sure you do your editing when sober.

Lurker
0 likes
Yeah man i totally agree with Like to write he is says right.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
I only write high.vCl88jdrT0duEcH6

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
I don't write high, but I love to edit high. Mostly because it's fun. More importantly, it can lead me to ideas I normally wouldn't have. But I always do the edits in ALL CAPS, so I can easily weed them out, because so many of the ideas you think are brilliant while high are actually kinda goofy in the sober light of day.

Thing is, when you find a idea you got while high, and it isn't goofy, it's often great, and you wouldn't have gotten there any other way.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by sprite
I only write high.SyrfSpg7jKO1OvS2

You only breathe high.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Verbal

You only breathe high.

i'd like to clarify my response. i don't write when i'm totally baked. i deal with a bit of ADD and OCD and, in order for my mind to not be a complete and chaotic mess when i'm writing, i need a little help and a hit or two settles me enough that i can concentrate on writing, rather than everything else going on around me, real and/or imagined.

also, i don't edit high, cause i don't edit (unless Verbs is making me edit, which i am both resentful of and grateful for). most of what i write these days is first draft other than a spelling, typo and grammar check before submitting.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

0 likes
I have never been high so I am not sure how it would affect my writing. I won't inhale anything (cig, joint, vape). I work for a company that does respiratory care and while I love working here, one of my life goals is to be an employee, not a patient. However, edibles are now legal up here so ... perhaps. Might be an interesting experiment, especially with my current seeming lack of inspiration. It's a bit of a miracle that I even got that comp entry for Winter Wonderland out.
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
I used to write poetry when I was high. That was a long time ago and I have since given up drugs. That was in a day before I had a computer and I would write on any piece of paper I had available at the time. Sadly, I have lost those bits of creative flotsam over the years
Mana wahine
0 likes
As others have said, it can lead your mind to places you normally wouldn't go or even dare to think of when sober. A few puffs can really take the edge off and relax you. I've only done it a couple of times, but it can make the writing process more interesting, and any ideas that I find I don't like when everything has worn off, of if they're too wacky can be easily deleted or re-worded.
Silent Dreamer
0 likes
I smoke for a few reasons, one of them being I overthink too much. When I write the overthinking takes over. A few puffs here and there and it opens my mind.
Some of the greatest things written or made; books, music, art, were done under some kind of influence.

Sometimes a piece comes out amazing, sometimes I have a great laugh the next day.
That's why we edit

It affects everyone differently, so to me, it's to each their own.
Saucy Little Minx ♥️
0 likes
Quote by vanessa26

It shows ? jk
Seriously i write high pretty often
Though my weirdest shit was written completely normal at least mostly...
Sativa is good for writing but try writing on indica its impossible at least for me.

No wonder you cant write with Indica we call it indacouch smile
Troublemaker
0 likes
Quote by Liz

Weed affects people in different ways and can take your mind places it might not ordinarily venture. Out of habit now, whenever I feel like indulging I keep a notebook and pen handy should inspiration tease me with something delicious. Some of my darkest, most intimidating, and even funniest story ideas have come to me whilst smoking a little herb.

As part of the creative process, if it gets your imagination fired up I say go for it. In the cold light of day, some of the story concepts you come up with won't be so good but sometimes they're fucking killer. Just make sure you do your editing when sober.

This. I don't make a habit of it but write high occasionally. I never complete a story high, usually a few paragraphs or maybe 2/3 of a story. My mind tends to wander even more when I get buzzed which can be good or bad. Look what happens when you go down the rabbit hole!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by seeker4
I have never been high so I am not sure how it would affect my writing. I won't inhale anything (cig, joint, vape). I work for a company that does respiratory care and while I love working here, one of my life goals is to be an employee, not a patient. However, edibles are now legal up here so ... perhaps. Might be an interesting experiment, especially with my current seeming lack of inspiration. It's a bit of a miracle that I even got that comp entry for Winter Wonderland out.

You say you have never inhaled anything, and I compliment you for that, but I'd like you to stop for a minute and think about this. While it is true that edibles are legal in Canada, in reality, what is the difference between inhaling smoke of one kind or another or eating a drug? The terminology is slightly different, but isn't eating something about the same as inhaling something? That substance, which is foreign to your body, is still entering your system.

You said you are suffering a 'lack of inspiration.' at the moment. This may be true, but there are several threads on this site where other authors have offered valid suggestions to help a person overcome their writers block. If memory serves me correctly, you have offered a few suggestions from time to time. I don't ever remember anyone ever suggesting a person should get high. I'm not trying to be 'cute' or rude, but is it possible that perhaps you should take your own advice in overcoming that mental block that is restricting your creativity?
If you're feeling bored during this Covid-19 epidemic I’d like to suggest
you take a peek at a story I collaborated with SueBrasil, a brilliant author.
It's about a mistake in judgment a lady makes concerning a friend, based
on the hurtful words of someone that only thinks of himself. Will that
conniving person succeed in ruining a beautiful friendship, or will she see
through his lies? It's gradually creeping up towards the 30,000 mark
and we’d love any votes or hearing whatever comments you may wish
to make. It is listed in my profile under ‘FAVOURITES’ as Apologize.

www.lushstories.com/stories/first-time/apologize.aspx
0 likes
Quote by LikeToWrite

You say you have never inhaled anything, and I compliment you for that, but I'd like you to stop for a minute and think about this. While it is true that edibles are legal in Canada, in reality, what is the difference between inhaling smoke of one kind or another or eating a drug? The terminology is slightly different, but isn't eating something about the same as inhaling something? That substance, which is foreign to your body, is still entering your system.

You said you are suffering a 'lack of inspiration.' at the moment. This may be true, but there are several threads on this site where other authors have offered valid suggestions to help a person overcome their writers block. If memory serves me correctly, you have offered a few suggestions from time to time. I don't ever remember anyone ever suggesting a person should get high. I'm not trying to be 'cute' or rude, but is it possible that perhaps you should take your own advice in overcoming that mental block that is restricting your creativity?

Relax and note the "perhaps". I was musing aloud. I've gone 54 years on this Earth without touching anything stronger than booze. Not likely to change, either. I knew at least one dealer in high school so could have obtained pot a long time ago if I was interested.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by LikeToWrite
While it is true that edibles are legal in Canada, in reality, what is the difference between inhaling smoke of one kind or another or eating a drug? The terminology is slightly different, but isn't eating something about the same as inhaling something? That substance, which is foreign to your body, is still entering your system.

No, eating edibles and smoking marijuana are not the same.

Edibles are just food with a little THC added. They don't pose any of the health risks associated with smoke inhalation and are a much safer option. The only thing you need to take into account is dosage. Absorption via the digestive system is different than via the respiratory system, and the high can last a lot longer.

Smoking, on the other hand, is a faster and shorter-lived high but is the more harmful option as the combustion of the leaf (as with tobacco, burning wood, etc) produces potentially harmful toxins, irritants, and carcinogens that can affect your respiratory system.

Each to their own.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by LikeToWrite

Are you 12?
Wild at Heart
0 likes
A rip from a bong is the best high. Quick, intense, can last 1 to 5 hours depending on the person.

Edibles are for pain, micro-dosing for anxiety, sleep aides. They aren't really for getting high. If you take enough you get high but it's not a giggly or in the forefront plus when you take enough to get high you also get really sleepy and tired.

There's also vaporizing which is almost as quick as a bong and the high is the same. It's just that most vaporizers are pieces of shit and impossible to clean. There's only one really good one, I own one and they really are worth the money if you like smoking weed. The vapor lasts about a half hour in the bag and you can pass it around like a joint and the smell goes away in a few minutes. It's a good option if there are people in the house that are non smokers or bothered by the smell or smoke. It's also supposedly less harmful because there is no actual fire involved.

And yes, writing while altered is a good technique, you just edit sober. A lot of famous writers wrote drunk.

Then there is also sativa, indica and hybrids... There is a difference, like the difference between drinking beer or whisky. And also potency. You can get stuff that has 5% thc that resembles the shit from the 60s and 70s or you can get very strong indoor grown flowers that are 35% potency and get you high with a small amount the size of a skittle.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by LikeToWrite

I think you need to get high, at least once, before preaching at the rest of us about it.

I'm happy you don't believe in doing drugs, but no need to judge others. The writing process is complicated enough as it is, and there are literally an infinate number of ways of getting a story down on paper. Unless you are bathing in baby's blood to do so, it's cool. It's all about the story.
living dead girl
0 likes
Quote by LikeToWrite

Do you like The Beatles by chance?
They experimented with drugs before many a fine creation
Drugs can unlock hidden gateways in your mind thus leading
to greater and stranger creativity.
0 likes
Quote by vanessa26

Do you like The Beatles by chance?
They experimented with drugs before many a fine creation
Drugs can unlock hidden gateways in your mind thus leading
to greater and stranger creativity.

Your edibles can also make you forget conversations and act kinda.. well lets say ,say things maybe you would not normally say. Then use the excuse ‘I had ate edibles” don’t use that as an excuse when you still do it.

I’m not saying I never tried smoking, because I did. I regret it, it was a life time ago. I have 2 daughterS and a grandson that swear by it. I won’t be around them, that is how bad they act.

I’m not telling anyone not to do it. Your the judge of your own life. It’s legal here in Ca. And look at California its the pits.

Please don’t jump on my ass, just my opinion.
Click below to see

0 likes
Quote by LikeToWrite

I totally agree.
Click below to see

living dead girl
0 likes
Quote by Simplicity

Your edibles can also make you forget conversations and act kinda.. well lets say ,say things maybe you would not normally say. Then use the excuse ‘I had ate edibles” don’t use that as an excuse when you still do it.

I’m not saying I never tried smoking, because I did. I regret it, it was a life time ago. I have 2 daughterS and a grandson that swear by it. I won’t be around them, that is how bad they act.

I’m not telling anyone not to do it. Your the judge of your own life. It’s legal here in Ca. And look at California its the pits.

Please don’t jump on my ass, just my opinion.

Geez Sim...Geez..
Fine I'll smoke it instead of eating it
0 likes
Quote by vanessa26

Geez Sim...Geez..
Fine I'll smoke it instead of eating it

Do as you please, it your life smile
(I’m sure you know what I’m truly thinking)
Click below to see

Lurker
0 likes
I’m a happy drunk. Giddy. Goofy. Flushed face. Always laughing my ass off and doing goofy shit just makes me laugh more. But I can’t write when drunk. While drinking? Hell ya.

Only recently have indulged in the smoke. First time, had a hybrid of about 11% and was a really fun experience. I felt drunk. All my senses were heightened to the point of paranoia, but in that fun way. “Shh. Shh. Do you think they heard that?” And then laugh my ass off. I heard things I’d not heard before. But I was in no condition to write.

Then next time, I tried a much stronger version of sativa (19%) and got impatient, smoked too much, and experienced cotton mouth, and major sensory overload. It was like a strobe light was flashing in my brain on the highest setting, and a little monkey was slamming his cymbals together at the base of my brain at the back of my neck. I was wrecked. I considered calling an ambulance but I knew I only needed to go through this for two or three hours. What I didn’t know was that time vertically stood still. I’d close my eyes and try to focus on various things, trying to pass time. But when I would check my phone for time, thinking ten or fifteen minutes passed, it was usually just a minute or too. It was excruciating. I was in no condition to write.

Recently, I got another blend, this time a four strain blend, and tried again. I became detached from my self, unable to control my journey. That complete lack of control is something I do not like. Again, writing was a no go. If I drink too much, I get tired and sleep. Not with smoking, at least, not for me.

I’m not going to vape or try edibles, but I’d like to tinker with a bong. It’s quite possible, one puff of the magic smoke is all I need. Too much, and I’m baked and detached. No thank you.

But seriously, do I really need any chemical help to be more creative? I don’t think so. I don’t foresee me writing high, but a few rum and cokes, some limoncello, or a glass of vintage port loosens me up just enough to write. I think I need to do so this weekend. It’s been a while.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Ping

But seriously, do I really need any chemical help to be more creative? I don’t think so. I don’t foresee me writing high, but a few rum and cokes, some limoncello, or a glass of vintage port loosens me up just enough to write. I think I need to do so this weekend. It’s been a while.

pretty much the same thing, quite honestly. not a criticism, but really, most of us are talking about few hits to loosen up, not getting so blotto that we can't function. smile

Southern Charmer
0 likes
Quote by Verbal

I think you need to get high, at least once, before preaching at the rest of us about it.

I'm happy you don't believe in doing drugs, but no need to judge others. The writing process is complicated enough as it is, and there are literally an infinate number of ways of getting a story down on paper. Unless you are bathing in baby's blood to do so, it's cool. It's all about the story.

This exactly. I don't smoke anymore, but I would never question someone else's use to clear a path. I have too many friends that get in their own way when writing. When they smoke, they step aside and write amazing things.

I use Christmas music when I get writer's block.

Think about that, I use Christmas music to write erotic stories, so who am I to judge others?

I have a new story out! Wish You Were Here A teasing sub may I have pushed too far, but the punishment is oh so sweet.

If you haven't already, please check out my story with leftlingula. A husband and wife rediscovered each other and It all started with one simple word...
Nightshade Part 1 & Nightshade: Part 2